Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

WANGFORD!

Yeah I remember the unfortunate peeps that wound up there. You are making a good move trying to switch now. Anything is better, but try and go either Roskie or North Hedges. Such a better experience there for ladies and guys, and ever since the SHWAG got remodeled it’s a much better place to eat.

I was in North Hedges, and almost wish I had ended up in Roskie. That shit is the Wild West out there, and some of my best friends that I met in college (and soon to be groomsmen) were on the 7th floor. But any room in one of those halls will be a great improvement, and the hedges are an awesome trip all around. Oh- and be sure to check the ceiling panels, since it’s tradition to store things up there. I remember finding over 20 empty Jack Daniels bottles in ours. Some had old architecture models from projects, etc.

You’ll be better off heading down to JH this winter when the snow has flown. Early season opener at the ‘ghee is great trip for some bonding with new friends. No doubt that you’d have a good time down there with mags, but get a little more established first in your new digs. You plan to be there for at least 4 years, right?

And I’m not sure if you got your pass yet, but do Bridger first for a season before going with the Big Sky. Hone your skills on the ridge with the new homies, as it will make you a stronger and more confident skier. Even though it’s more crowded on powder days, you will not regret it. God that vibe is one of the best. My mind is already drifting towards this coming winter when I can make my next trip down there.

If you need to get out of town one weekend this fall, come up to missoula and we will have a place for you to crash. You would appreciate some time in Griz country and we always love showing people around town. Come up during the winter, and you’ll have a guide at the bowl, LT, or disco. Offer always stands.

Best of luck SUF. Bozeman is a helluva place to be when starting uni

Solid offer from S_jenks. I’ve met both of you and I endorse this bromance.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    WANGFORD!

Yeah I remember the unfortunate peeps that wound up there. You are making a good move trying to switch now. Anything is better, but try and go either Roskie or North Hedges. Such a better experience there for ladies and guys, and ever since the SHWAG got remodeled it’s a much better place to eat.

I was in North Hedges, and almost wish I had ended up in Roskie. That shit is the Wild West out there, and some of my best friends that I met in college (and soon to be groomsmen) were on the 7th floor. But any room in one of those halls will be a great improvement, and the hedges are an awesome trip all around. Oh- and be sure to check the ceiling panels, since it’s tradition to store things up there. I remember finding over 20 empty Jack Daniels bottles in ours. Some had old architecture models from projects, etc.

You’ll be better off heading down to JH this winter when the snow has flown. Early season opener at the ‘ghee is great trip for some bonding with new friends. No doubt that you’d have a good time down there with mags, but get a little more established first in your new digs. You plan to be there for at least 4 years, right?

And I’m not sure if you got your pass yet, but do Bridger first for a season before going with the Big Sky. Hone your skills on the ridge with the new homies, as it will make you a stronger and more confident skier. Even though it’s more crowded on powder days, you will not regret it. God that vibe is one of the best. My mind is already drifting towards this coming winter when I can make my next trip down there.

If you need to get out of town one weekend this fall, come up to missoula and we will have a place for you to crash. You would appreciate some time in Griz country and we always love showing people around town. Come up during the winter, and you’ll have a guide at the bowl, LT, or disco. Offer always stands.

Best of luck SUF. Bozeman is a helluva place to be when starting uni
    I really appreciate the offers. I’ll definitely take you up on a day at Disco.

A trip to the Ghee sounds like a perfect way to kick off the season. I got a midweek pass at Bridger. Honestly I hadn’t even considered a pass at the big in future seasons. I had just resigned myself to the Ridge with an occasional weekend up the canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Big Sky has some world class terrain, I can't deny that, but you are not 'resigning' yourself to anything with The Ridge. Bridger is special place. The Ridge is legendary. People overhype BS here.

Ski bridger the first year, letting the skis run at Big Sky will be a revelation.

There was a post a while ago, please go to Taco Montes. There is no better late night. Let me know if you need to know who to talk to, we used to party in the back and take our free food out the front. 5th&College house still parties, you can start there.

So I got approved for a room and dorm change. The dorm director sent me over to North Hedges to talk with the director over there. She gave me a list of room numbers and names. I have to get someone in a single to agree to take me in. All the while, the people still in temporary housing are being assigned rooms with availability. I probably have until tomorrow before all rooms are full.
    So I knocked on all the doors but this was during class so only 2 were in their rooms. Neither agreed right away but the last guy did say if no one else agrees that he is willing to take me in. I'm gonna go knock on the other 3 doors after the dining hall closes. Obviously none of these guys want to give up their singles and I really don't want to end up with someone who resents me over it. So how do I entice someone?

Pocket meats.

anybody got a link to the thread from which pocket meat was born?

but for real, do i offer up occasional use of my car? maybe the promise of a few Concerta when exams roll around?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    So how do I entice someone?
    Booze buds blow and hookers..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

but for real, do i offer up occasional use of my car? maybe the promise of a few Concerta when exams roll around?
    Never, and I repeat, never, offer your car up for someone's use freshman year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ya this.. Good friend rolled another good friends brand new Camero freshman year. Offer to drive them but don't let them take the car without you..

This.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

When talking to them, emphasize that you're pretty lowkey, nothing crazy, and maybe mention the potential for your high school aged sister and her friends to come visit you guys later in the semester.
    Bonus points given for lengths gone to in order to maintain the lie.

Adding to the low key and study vibe, I'd somehow mention that with everyone on the "pending list" that they'll get assigned a random at some point and they should be open to taking you as someone they've at least met in person.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Pocket meats.
    Actually, that IS a Calabrese sausage in my pocket. Want some, roomie?

anybody got a link to the thread from which pocket meat was born?
    Here you go, hint hint…
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-trust-funders
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, that just didn’t sit right as I typed it.

Might be something as simple as "shotgun on powder days". You want a room mate with similar likes, but not to the degree that you both collectively decide to blow off class to pursue those hobbies when you should be doing the work.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Pocket meat originated at the Hoff?
    Wow
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Adding to the low key and study vibe, I'd somehow mention that with everyone on the "pending list" that they'll get assigned a random at some point and they should be open to taking you as someone they've at least met in person.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think this is the way to go. Tell them about your old roomie and make a baseless suggestion he might also wind up needing to find a new room, with the implicit suggestion that it's you or him.

I believe this was demonstrated in graphic detail in Animal House.

ramming. speed.

fact.

You want a roommate that skis. Point out that you have a Bridger pass and lots of room in your brand new SUV. If they are not impressed, move on.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Might be something as simple as "shotgun on powder days". You want a room mate with similar likes, but not to the degree that you both collectively decide to blow off class to pursue those hobbies when you should be doing the work.
    Can confirm. In undergrad, Delta's regional airline, Comair, had their biggest hub in our city and they offered these things called Weekend Traveler Packets where you got 4 one-way tickets anywhere they flew for $300, you just had to fly on a Friday and return on the following Monday. Well, don't tempt me and my like-minded roommates with a good time. Ended up in the Bahamas and Eagle County on more than one occasion. What classes?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I believe this was demonstrated in graphic detail in Animal House.
    You fucked up, you trusted us!

I still call it The Jake.