Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Add Helldawg checkin the spare and I'm in for a fat buckfity
    "Can't you see..."

^Um, in TGR tradition we're either going up in increments of $37, or you have to go to $237.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What a great little insight into the ECRC, "Checking the spare".

LOL
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, you guys are seriously recommending rugby to a guy with a history of TBIs who is trying to remain sober? Yeah, that just screams "good rugby candidate", lol.
    I would say as far as bad advice goes around here, playing rugby is probably pretty low on the fuck yourself up scale....comparatively.

I will admit I wasn't really factoring in the sobriety thing. I will still stand by the advice that linking up with a club rugby team would immediately help connect SUF meet some folks that are probably like minded. Also, rugby is probably the most welcoming group you will meet in college. Was really just trying to point SUF towards some folks that would welcome him with open arms and give him options besides hanging with the gamer roommate in the dorm

Don't worry SUF, you are definitely going to find your crew. Between working, study groups, labs, etc you're going to meet some other folks you will want to hang with.

You have a mountain bike? I’m sure there are shop rides where you can meet so cool folks.

Met one of my best friends at a shop ride. He rolled on (after just graduating from MSU) said “I need to take a leak” right no into the bathroom and starts screaming “oh god why does it hurt so bad when I pee! Please make it stop!”

Come back out to a shocked room full of strangers a d says “ I’m ready!”

Great guy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I think Ultimate Frisbee aligns better with SuF’s intoxicants of choice and history of blunt force trauma to the head. Plus the fitness benefit for the upcoming Ridge hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    But the thing about trying to change roommates is, the only openings for other rooms to move into are going to be in rooms where the current occupants are also having the same troubles that you’re having. Just moving to another room is not going to guarantee that you’re not gonna get another of the exact same type of fucking roommate that you just tried to get away from.
    This. Or you get put with a guy that's got a single for a reason, or a guy that will be pissed that he no longer has a single. Give it some time. Eventually, you two will figure shit out, or a better situation will present itself. I knew several folks that switched dorm rooms outside the formal process. IIRC, mail delivery was the only issue, and that was handled with quick chat with the RA.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Lived with a rugby dude in a house of 6 for a few months, total douche. Loved to get completely shitfaced, and so did his buddies. Those dicks all peaked in college.
    If those bunkbeds aren't bolted to the floor, see if roomie can make a gaming nook for some privacy.
    Talk about expectations regarding cleanliness, guests and quiet hours and see what happens.

Stoner barefoot ultimate frisbee is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Stoner barefoot ultimate frisbee is the way to go.
    Yeah, until the drunk rugby dropouts fuck it up by wearing cleats. Douches.

All you guys fixing SUF's problems are hilarious. Give him some time, even though he's a worthless freshman he'll probably luck into some girl with a complete lack of any self-respect and he'll be laying pipe all the time he's not in the books so the roommate will become a distant problem.

No love for disc golf? Some good courses in Gallatin County, and I've always enjoyed walking the courses with the folks I've played with. Good times. I'm guessing there's got to be a pretty decent following there at MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Those dicks all peaked in college. .
    I remember cool people who peaked in grade 10 ... at least they ^^ made it to college
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

In American grades, that's like 8th grade then?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I think Ultimate Frisbee aligns better with SuF’s intoxicants of choice and history of blunt force trauma to the head. Plus the fitness benefit for the upcoming Ridge hikes.
    Ultimate is a fantastic way to get a social life and have fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm not really sure, it might have changed/ other provinces might also be different but in BC there were 12 grades, the grades in primary school went K-7, then junior high was 8-10, senior high was 11-12 and i believe its still like that

i think you could go to grade 13 in Ontario ?

and I have no idea how it shakes out down there
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ultimate is a fantastic way to get a social life and have fun.
    And likely to have better luck socializing with the women's ultimate frisbee team than the women's rugby team. It's a good sport for someone who can sprint too.

I talked to the housing guy this morning and felt like he heard me out but made it clear that there were no available rooms at this point. He is going to have the RA talk to the roommate as he said it isn't my job or responsibility to tell an adult that he needs to bathe which I though was cool. As of now, I have to wait until someone drops out and hope I can get their room, whatever dorm it may be in.
    swing your fucking sword.

Mulling over some options, you still get an A for the semester if your roommate commits suicide or is that an old wives tale?

My freshman college roommate wouldn't bathe either. But it didn't bother me too much as he would keep the window fully open year round (in Colorado). I had a good down sleeping back that I used on top of my comforter. He also preferred to sleep on the floor rather than his bunk (better for his back). He was a huge dead head and we went to sleep listening to bootlegs, which wasn't so bad.

Not funny, Timberridge ( actually completely classless. )

( lose a family member to suicide and then you might understand )

tj

Sorry.
    I lost a cousin, does that count?

it could (count) .

joking about suicide -> classless.

g'bye. tj

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    My freshman college roommate wouldn't bathe either. But it didn't bother me too much as he would keep the window fully open year round (in Colorado). I had a good down sleeping back that I used on top of my comforter. He also preferred to sleep on the floor rather than his bunk (better for his back). He was a huge dead head and we went to sleep listening to bootlegs, which wasn't so bad.
    Dude! Woah, I never thought I'd run into you again! It's been so long, we should catch up sometime!

Can't a bunch of Mags find time to stop by and watch ski videos and scream about skiing?

This guy seems to be the type that would freak about actual physical activity.