Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1214

Thread: Collegge

Come work one of the bazillion job vacancies out here in the 5 valleys. Find a small apartment to rent solo and then grind out some work in a part of Montana with better nightlife and music. Lots to do. Ski the LT for a season. Not totally fucked yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Job search is resolved! I stumbled into perhaps the greatest opportunity of my life and am gonna be building fly poles in one of the world's meccas of trout. Still need to figure out housing but could not be more stoked.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Job search is resolved! I stumbled into perhaps the greatest opportunity of my life and am gonna be building fly poles in one of the world's meccas of trout. Still need to figure out housing but could not be more stoked.
    dang, get after it...!

mask up or you'll become the next splat and end up going MIA................

So... you'll be puttin Winston blems into the raffle at the next MT ski party?

You don't need to find housing, just find a boarded up area on the old orphanage campus and squat. If you're new gig is with Winston that area might be one of the most beautiful places in the US of A and you're pretty close to the Freeway tavern for the irreplaceable wop chop.

Dude working for Winston is like drug dealing. Good luck not spending all your earnings on your own supply!

Yes, it is Winston, and yes, not spending paychecks on rods will be difficult but I will resist. The whole thing feels surreal and will probably be even more so once I get out there and settled in. Lots of hours and miles of exploring to be done on weekends and after shifts. Gonna grab a pass at maverick as soon as they go up. Gonna be thinning the quiver a good deal too. A lot of thanks goes to the collective and whatever “wisdom”and encouragement has been imparted on me.

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Yes, it is Winston, and yes, not spending paychecks on rods will be difficult but I will resist. The whole thing feels surreal and will probably be even more so once I get out there and settled in. Lots of hours and miles of exploring to be done on weekends and after shifts. Gonna grab a pass at maverick as soon as they go up. Gonna be thinning the quiver a good deal too. A lot of thanks goes to the collective and whatever “wisdom”and encouragement has been imparted on me.

Back in the day I had a buddy who ended up working for sage, so he would be wandering at round at fishing shows wearing a Sage shirt and reping the brand

his buddies told me they were excited about his new job and were excited to be buying up all his old gear at the end of every product year

Understand you can't be seen using your old stuff so you gotta be product testing the new stuff you make

so sell off your old gear, get making/ using the new product and upgrade/ sell it off as often as you can

you will have so many new friends, keep in mind many of those new friends will be other reps for outdoor
    products who need a new rod and will trade for whatever they rep
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so sell off your old gear, get making/ using the new product and upgrade/ sell it off as often as you can

you will have so many new friends
    Hi, Stealurface! Allow me to introduce myself… ;-)

see a new friend already ^^ that only took like 15 min
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I gotta work on my shadow cast and triple haul before I fish with any coworkers. I don’t want to make a fool of myself with an inferior skill set.

"Originally calling their San Francisco-based company the Winther-Stoner Manufacturing Co." LOLZ
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I gotta work on my shadow cast and triple haul before I fish with any coworkers. I don’t want to make a fool of myself with an inferior skill set.

Unless you're casting like you're whipping the horses during the Roman chariot race, you'll be fine.

Yes, it is Winston, and yes, not spending paychecks on rods will be difficult but I will resist. The whole thing feels surreal... A lot of thanks goes to the collective and whatever “wisdom”and encouragement has been imparted on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    We raise pretty good kidz here

Congrats on finding a good gig. Sounds like a plan.

A little collegge antics this week here. Monday my kid was set to leave for a 1200 road trip back to collegge.. Wife's car threw a recall notice Friday so she took it to the dealer Monday morning. I get in my car to go pick her up there.. Turn the key.. Chuga chuga chug... a chug... chu.... FUCK, dead battery (it's 6 years old). I go ask the kid if I can borrow his car to go pick up mom.. Sure he says..

Driving his car and holy shit.. It's FUCKED UP.. front end shaking and klunking.. Struts for sure and something else. No fucking way he's getting in that thing for a 1200 mile trip. Got back and sent him to Midas to get that shit fixed first.. wrecked struts and busted frame bolts. What a knucklehead LOL! He had the money saved up to pay for the repairs too... LOL. Took them 4 hours to fix it so not too bad. Still mostly in track to make his move in tile slot.

Anyway, he just arrived there.

Winston. Nice. You should be able to find a nice place or just camp/fish until its gets too cold. So much country to explore. If you need some pointing in the right direction lemme know. Maybe I'll swing by and finally get my 3wt fixed after driving past for like 5 years..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

A little collegge antics this week here. Monday my kid was set to leave for a 1200 road trip back to collegge.. Wife's car threw a recall notice Friday so she took it to the dealer Monday morning. I get in my car to go pick her up there.. Turn the key.. Chuga chuga chug... a chug... chu.... FUCK, dead battery (it's 6 years old). I go ask the kid if I can borrow his car to go pick up mom.. Sure he says..

Driving his car and holy shit.. It's FUCKED UP.. front end shaking and klunking.. Struts for sure and something else. No fucking way he's getting in that thing for a 1200 mile trip. Got back and sent him to Midas to get that shit fixed first.. wrecked struts and busted frame bolts. What a knucklehead LOL! He had the money saved up to pay for the repairs too... LOL. Took them 4 hours to fix it so not too bad. Still mostly in track to make his move in tile slot.

dude was just keeping it real, man…

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    dude was just keeping it real, man…
    I once drove a Scirocco from Dallas to OKC on one CV joint. One wheeled wonder LOL. Kid gets it honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

I try to offer my car up to my sister with some regularity to give myself some degree of plausible deniability if I fuck something up.

I try to offer my car up to my sister with some regularity to give myself some degree of plausible deniability if I fuck something up.

good policy. When I was nineteen of so, I was the driver one night when my drunk buddies decided to play “Vietnam Huey door gunner” with the sliding door on my (at the time still my parents’) GMC Safari mini van. We were going about 30-35 mph when he flung the door open. The noise it made when it hit the back of the rail was ridiculous. When I pulled over, it was hanging off like a broken wing, just destroyed. We picked it up and pushed it back in so the latches grabbed it even though it was completely fucked. The next day, I kept my mouth shut when my sister took it to school. At the end of the day, she went to open the door and it just fell off in her hands. I played dumb. “What happened? That’s so weird.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    The next day, I kept my mouth shut when my sister took it to school. At the end of the day, she went to open the door and it just fell off in her hands. I played dumb. “What happened? That’s so weird.”
    lol, have you told her at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    lol, have you told her at this point?
    Fuck no

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2577_LI.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	424014  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<