Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1214

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    There is no such thread.
    No shit, it's like SJG just joined TGR.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m hoping the poor kid is simply shredding pow and enjoying actual real life collegge rather than spending all his time w us crusty old curmudgeons.

Now I’m daydreaming what college must be like these days with everyone stuck to their devices!!

he’s doing ok

I like this kid
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I’m

Now I’m daydreaming what college must be like these days with everyone stuck to their devices!!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No shit, it's like SJG just joined TGR.
    I said another thread.. but didn't say on TGR..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I said another thread.. but didn't say on TGR..
    Nor did I specify on TGR. There isn’t a thread out there anywhere that qualifies. None of his credits will transfer!! Or all of his credits will transfer!! I forget which is worse.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

He changed his major and moved on to more sultry forums.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I think SYF can get degree in whatever he wants and then go join a Realtor group in MT. Better money than MD, teacher, JD with a more flexible Schedule. If he isn’t turned on with the classes or has to go into debt to stay, quit now.

He can make 6-7 figures in a resort town and still ski. He obviously has skills in getting well heeled boomers on his team (page 27 of this thread). If he keeps his expenses close to “teacher levels” and picks up good investments along the way he can retire while he still has fitness and health.

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    I think SYF can get degree in whatever he wants and then go join a Realtor group in MT. Better money than MD, teacher, JD with a more flexible Schedule.

He can make 6-7 figures in a resort town and still ski. If he keeps his expenses close to “teacher levels” and picks up good investments along the way he can retire while he still has fitness and health.
    Was this supposed to be hilarious, because it was hilarious.

College got much more college-y after I stopped updating this thread. Much partying, many booze, too many nights stumbling around main street. And even some womens.

Second semester is when things got really good. I quit going to class, skied every day, partied every night. Somewhere along the way I was relocated from the dorms to on-campus apartments. Then I was asked to take some time away from the institution. I ended up couch hopping before settling in with two other friends who were also asked to take time away from the institution. It was all really fun until it wasn't.

Now I'm back in NC for a few months, working a shitty second shift job that pays well and fishing my days away. I fucking love it. I pissed away a year of education and tuition but I learned a whole lot of shit more valuable than credits. I actually have an idea of what I want to do with my life, how i want to do it, and pretty solid determination to make it happen. I made a bunch of friends, got some decent turns, jumped through some tables, landed some good fish, played a lot of die, saw some amazing places, and had way too much fun. Now its time to start life. And still do some of that shit.
    swing your fucking sword.

Sounds suspiciously like collegge. And also suspiciously like the collegge experience of many folks on this board.

Sorry? and glad you figured some shit out.

Sound like you are on the path.

Are extraterrestrials able to accomplish this?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    College got much more college-y after I stopped updating this thread. Much partying, many booze, too many nights stumbling around main street. And even some womens.

Second semester is when things got really good. I quit going to class, skied every day, partied every night. Somewhere along the way I was relocated from the dorms to on-campus apartments. Then I was asked to take some time away from the institution. I ended up couch hopping before settling in with two other friends who were also asked to take time away from the institution. It was all really fun until it wasn't.

Now I'm back in NC for a few months, working a shitty second shift job that pays well and fishing my days away. I fucking love it. I pissed away a year of education and tuition but I learned a whole lot of shit more valuable than credits. I actually have an idea of what I want to do with my life, how i want to do it, and pretty solid determination to make it happen. I made a bunch of friends, got some decent turns, jumped through some tables, landed some good fish, played a lot of die, saw some amazing places, and had way too much fun. Now its time to start life. And still do some of that shit.
    Thank you for this post, -face -

college isn't for everyone, as EWG relates ;
    I wish you Good luck on your journey ahead !

Thank you for your contributions to these forums and this community -

Good luck, -face !

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Yes.

I believe the grays cannot. But the alien hydraulic turtles can.

SUF, you have traveled a well worn path to go supernova in your first year of college.
    So well worn there is a groove in the road that pulls us there.

Weren't you working on sobriety? I guess that might explain why everything went off the rails. Anyway, glad to hear you had fun, learned some shit, and feel like you're on a good path. That's more than I got out of 4 years of college! (I got the first two, but graduated with no better idea of what to do or who I was as when I started).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Look on the bright side. The world needs ditch diggers too!

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of carney.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Do you do drugs, Billy?

I have a lot of friends who were exactly where you are right now kid. Probably half of them eventually settled down from the solo party lifestyle and did well in collegge round 2 five to ten years later. Others found a way to continue laying low. The ones who married well are doing well,, Ones who didn't still manage to get by but have to work harder, more hours to stay afloat.

Whatever's next for you on the journey, you'll figure it out as you go just like the rest of us.

Not everyone's truly ready to buckle down to succeed in a college program until their late 20s or even 30s. It's just like sobriety, unless you're truly ready to go all in it doesn't go well..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I will explain but you'd become more puzzled at the possibilities

So you’re normal.

I'm thinking more along the lines of carney.

remember, when you go back to work at that ski area this winter, snowmaking at night means skiing all day.

fact.

Here I am, on my break from stacking 100lb cases of meat under fluorescent light while inhaling warehouse dust that will almost certainly lead to black lung somewhere down the line. We might finish at 3am if we’re lucky. All I can think about while whipping around on that pallet jack is how I have to come back tomorrow and do it again. I can’t escape the thought of the next shift, and if I do somehow forget about it for a moment, my back sends a sharp reminder shooting up my spine. This isn’t what I want to be doing. It doesn’t feel like what I should be doing. I’m ready to start doing the things. I’ve got some savings in the bank and a bunch of airline miles built up. Where do I go?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

move to the beach