Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    well, within the span of a few hours, i went from having maybe the worst time of my life to fucking loving this place. my roommate is a big ole cornfed hippie-child from georgia. i was greeted by dead-inspired drawings plastered across the walls, artwork done by roommate's dad. also in the room were three others; guys that, 72 hours later, i would consider friends. i have enjoyed free drugs (in moderation) and the drunken shenanigans of my floor mates. the first night, i took part in an oklahoma drill in the hallway with one particularly belligerent ball carrier (though the ball was a large pumpkin). said ball carrier was promptly laid the fuck out while the pumpkin was split into two halves. one half was placed on the door handle of an RA on another floor who is apparently an absolute dickhead. as footage of the hit circulated on the floor snapchat group, i gained recognition as the new sober guy who is not to be fucked with.

our RA, who i am still yet to meet, is basically nonexistent. apparently he only comes 'round when the police are involved.

three guys who i would consider formative friends also have midweek passes at bridger so i have found my ski buddies.

things are well at Bridger Bowl University and only get better by the day. thanks to all of you who have given words of wisdom in the last few weeks.
    #threadkillerpost

three guys who i would consider formative friends also have midweek passes at bridger so i have found my ski buddies.
    Bold statement… until you see these folks actually ski. Glad to see you’re in a better situation and excited however.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Bold statement… until you see these folks actually ski. Glad to see you’re in a better situation and excited however.
    Eh, I’ve found that the people that make the effort to head up to the hill with you regardless of ability are your ski buddies. You just spend a lot more time waiting for them at the bottom (or not and you meet em back at the car for mid lap beers).

Sounds like you’re figuring it out SUF.
    I still call it The Jake.

well, within the span of a few hours, i went from having maybe the worst time of my life to fucking loving this place. my roommate is a big ole cornfed hippie-child from georgia. i was greeted by dead-inspired drawings plastered across the walls, artwork done by roommate's dad. also in the room were three others; guys that, 72 hours later, i would consider friends. i have enjoyed free drugs (in moderation) and the drunken shenanigans of my floor mates. the first night, i took part in an oklahoma drill in the hallway with one particularly belligerent ball carrier (though the ball was a large pumpkin). said ball carrier was promptly laid the fuck out while the pumpkin was split into two halves. one half was placed on the door handle of an RA on another floor who is apparently an absolute dickhead. as footage of the hit circulated on the floor snapchat group, i gained recognition as the new sober guy who is not to be fucked with.

our RA, who i am still yet to meet, is basically nonexistent. apparently he only comes 'round when the police are involved.

things are well at Bridger Bowl University and only get better by the day. thanks to all of you who have given words of wisdom in the last few weeks.
    Congrats SUF

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if ya leave a higher learnin institute with more dead set lists
    than hottie hookup numbers
    im gonna lose faith in the future of youth
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    But have you gotten laid yet?
    I got laid my second night of college. Man, I though college was gonna be amazeballs. It was all downhill from there, with way more drugs than sex.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Eh, I’ve found that the people that make the effort to head up to the hill with you regardless of ability are your ski buddies. You just spend a lot more time waiting for them at the bottom (or not and you meet em back at the car for mid lap beers).
    Agreed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fkna.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t disagree. Nor will I claim Benny local armchair status, but I have skied the Ridge enough to know that you want solid partners up there, both in ability and knowledge.

Have mag bobbybill show you around sometime… he can make you famous.

FKNA! This thread is bringing back some strong memories of my time at MSU and Bozeman.

Keep this TR rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    FKNA! This thread is bringing back some strong memories of my time at MSU and Bozeman.

Keep this TR rolling!
    Here you go!

Please settle all disputes with a Chinese Downhill.

I want you to make all the hilarious antics of Hot Dog and the Ski School movies a reality. Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start with the new digs. Congrats on the scoring the new placement!!! Bring on winter!!!

Here you go!

WINNING! I remember that when it dropped. Good times.

Though I'm not that old that I was skiing in fart bags and skinny sticks.

Here you go!

That was pretty rad.
    I still call it The Jake.

Video is pure win.

Here you go!

There was another done by the same crew at Big Sky, no? With a Steve Winwood cut. It too was legit. I'll see if I can find it...

There was another done by the same crew at Big Sky, no? With a Steve Winwood cut. It too was legit. I'll see if I can find it...
    YYUUSSSSSS!!

^^^ Pure Gold.

Feeling my Tom Jungst spirit animal today.

Speaking of Tom, he was posting here for a while. Haven't seen him recently, tho.

Those vids are great. Makes me want to film more this year.

So some commentary from someone 35 years removed from university experience with a son there now. Kid enrolled as an engineering student fall of 2020. He missed the last half of his HS AP Calc course due to COVID. He got himself in deep shit and had to scramble to try and pass college Calc II. With 3 weeks remaining in the semester and college on lockdown I found out the Math Lab was actually OPEN and told him to go there with his homework and quizzes. Too late. He failed math... as an engineering student DOH! He took it again in the spring and did get some online help from Math Lab and passed. He's back there in person now taking Calc III. He just got an A on the mid term. Said he's going to math lab when he doesn't understand the homework. Gosh what a great idea hahaha! I lived in math lab when I had to pass a calc course for grad school.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Speaking of Tom, he was posting here for a while. Haven't seen him recently, tho.

Those vids are great. Makes me want to film more this year.
    I actually texted with him a few weeks back trying to track down some shots of him and Coombs at Bridger from a 1985 issue of Rolling Stone.
    swing your fucking sword.

YYUUSSSSSS!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You had the pleasure of viewing greatness. Let it wash over you and feel the stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So some commentary from someone 35 years removed from university experience with a son there now. Kid enrolled as an engineering student fall of 2020. He missed the last half of his HS AP Calc course due to COVID. He got himself in deep shit and had to scramble to try and pass college Calc II. With 3 weeks remaining in the semester and college on lockdown I found out the Math Lab was actually OPEN and told him to go there with his homework and quizzes. Too late. He failed math... as an engineering student DOH! He took it again in the spring and did get some online help from Math Lab and passed. He's back there in person now taking Calc III. He just got an A on the mid term. Said he's going to math lab when he doesn't understand the homework. Gosh what a great idea hahaha! I lived in math lab when I had to pass a calc course for grad school.

Khan Academy is a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I got laid my second night of college. Man, I though college was gonna be amazeballs. It was all downhill from there, with way more drugs than sex.

Agreed.
    I did the opposite. I stopped doing drugs after a very thorough experiment in high school, was the first person to graduate in 3 years from a college with a 60% attrition rate and an average grad rate of 6 years, and was lucky enough to get placed in a single in a coed dorm where my common wall was with this smokin' spinner of a blonde firebrand who loved to fuck for days like she was an orangutan. She ended up getting a PhD and running some zoo in Hawaii. We just had this simple tap tap thing on the wall for DTF.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You had sex with an orangutan??? NTTAWWT.