Keep us posted and good luck.
    I still call it The Jake.

Dad: “don’t go making any half baked plans”

Stealurface:

“Oh no, my plan is fully baked”

#theGraduate
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    What, you've never been shanked at a faculty meeting? Those MFers play for keeps.
    That's why I wear old playboys shrink wrapped to my fat torso.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That's why I wear old playboys shrink wrapped to my fat torso.
    You can probably sell those for good money to the other inmates.

Sage college advice:

1. Befriend someone of age with a Costco/Sams Club membership if they can sell alcohol in your state. Good booze is expensive, cheap booze is terrible. Kirkland booze is a students best friend.
    1a. If you're on a really tight budget, beer and wine is a lot more expensive on an equal basis of alcohol servings.
    2. Costco sells rubbers in bulk. Rubbers are cheaper than kids. Or herpes meds.
    3. Someone else will host the party (aka: don't shit where you eat)
    4. After you graduate and get that first job, nobody will care about your GPA. And frankly I think 4.0's show a lack of character in an employee. Any one dimensional person can sit still for four years, study and get good grades. I don't want that. Go join a club or team. Get involved with something and do it.

Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Sage college advice:

Go join a club or team. Get involved with something and do it.

Yep. Now is the time to go try everything you can. Meet as many people as you can, try stuff you'd never consider before, don't worry about impressing or not impressing anyone, do it for you.

Post all about it here, we got your back.

I've said this in another thread, but here goes.

You're going to one of the very best places in the whole world to study as a skier. Top-class ski hill 30 minutes from campus means 2hrs skiing with 3hrs between classes.

Figure out the class schedule for the next few years and block out the ski time. Riffing on the GPA comment... even less important is how long it took you to earn the degree. Commit to 5 or 6 years for the degree early, take the minimum number of credits to stay full time, and ski every day. Profit.

You'll likely never again have the flexibility and freedom that you'll enjoy these next few years.

Enjoy the shit out of it, dude!

I'll come show you some things at Bridger this holiday break.

Sage college advice:

1. Befriend someone of age with a Costco/Sams Club membership if they can sell alcohol in your state. Good booze is expensive, cheap booze is terrible. Kirkland booze is a students best friend.
    1a. If you're on a really tight budget, beer and wine is a lot more expensive on an equal basis of alcohol servings.
    2. Costco sells rubbers in bulk. Rubbers are cheaper than kids. Or herpes meds.
    3. Someone else will host the party (aka: don't shit where you eat)
    4. After you graduate and get that first job, nobody will care about your GPA. And frankly I think 4.0's show a lack of character in an employee. Any one dimensional person can sit still for four years, study and get good grades. I don't want that. Go join a club or team. Get involved with something and do it.

He don't drink. And we need to support that. I'm a little teary eyed thinking about how our little SUF has done growed up. We want him to go forth and do epic things, soberly.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Commit to 5 or 6 years for the degree early, take the minimum number of credits to stay full time, and ski every day. Profit.
    Disagree. Student loans are a motherfucker. Get in and get done. Or take a break in the middle. Don't wander around with the meter running at 30k/year.

Unless you're on a full ride. Then ignore all of that.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    He don't drink. And we need to support that. I'm a little teary eyed thinking about how our little SUF has done growed up. We want him to go forth and do epic things, soberly.
    Ok, but that means his experimentation will have to go down different routes. NTTIAWWT

Speaking of romantic endeavors, does he know what type of fish the women on campus like the most?

Disagree. Student loans are a motherfucker. Get in and get done. Or take a break in the middle. Don't wander around with the meter running at 30k/year.

Unless you're on a full ride. Then ignore all of that.
    Agreed. I had 4 years free via test scores and took a modest loan for year 5, so that colors my view.

Again, been discussed. Just wanted to reiterate that the college experience in BZN is a special one... if you make it so. Why go there at all if you can't be in the mountains frequently? There are other schools for the jam game.

What are you going to college for? Grades matter for grad school. My friend spent 4 years at Bozeman working on his photography degree before his Dad hit him upside the head and forced him to switch to engineering. He blew a lot of money snapping photos. Life is more competitive now than when all us geezers went to school.

The working in a bar business isn't as terrible advice as it sounds, lots of sober people work in bars because it presents a constant reminder of what happens to people when they drink and lose their shit.

Plus, you wake up in the morning with the money you made the night before still in your pocket, which I never experienced in those years but which must be nice.

Good luck SUF, remember, you have a bunch of old fuckups in your corner. fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The working in a bar business isn't as terrible advice as it sounds, lots of sober people work in bars because it presents a constant reminder of what happens to people when they drink and lose their shit.

Plus, you wake up in the morning with the money you made the night before still in your pocket, which I never experienced in those years but which must be nice.

Good luck SUF, remember, you have a bunch of old fuckups in your corner. fwiw.
    Who ya calling old?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What are you going to college for? Grades matter for grad school. My friend spent 4 years at Bozeman working on his photography degree before his Dad hit him upside the head and forced him to switch to engineering. He blew a lot of money snapping photos. Life is more competitive now than when all us geezers went to school.
    majoring in snow science, hoping to go to law school for environmental law. GPA definitely matters in my case. probably need at least a 3.4.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Ok, but that means his experimentation will have to go down different routes. NTTIAWWT

Speaking of romantic endeavors, does he know what type of fish the women on campus like the most?
    yeah, i've already told myself no opiates, amphetamines, or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    majoring in snow science, hoping to go to law school for environmental law. GPA definitely matters in my case. probably need at least a 3.4.
    PM jeremiahyawnson here for a perspective on the snow science program.

and a 155 on your LSAT. Good luck, mang.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    yeah, i've already told myself no opiates, amphetamines, or alcohol.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Congratulations! Graduate, don't get too fat and never stop skiing. That's all I got today.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    okay, probably not that one either.
    i was thinking more along the lines of weed, shrooms, acid, X. all in relative moderation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    T

Yeah, that sounds like some kind of made up fairy tale. Money in your pocket the next day, pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Who ya calling old?
    yeah!

That would be wise. Casey Jones you better watch your speed...
    ....my thought about working in a food/drink environment stands....even if at the Rat

That's actually a clever undergrad combo for law school. Are you going through Earth sciences or engineering?