Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Check this place out for me, mmmk?

http://roostfriedchicken.com/
    It is time to revisit this. I just finished my third meal from Roost and have come to some conclusions. Their chicken is good, but of the three offerings (regular, nashville hot, and sweet heat), sweet heat is far and away the best. It has a depth of flavor unlike any chicken I have ever had. Nashville hot comes in a distant second. It relies too heavily on its kick and lacks actual flavor. The regular chicken is bland, plain and simple. It has hardly any seasoning. Overall, the meat is above average. It is tender and fairly moist. The breast offering is an excellent size with a hearty portion of meat on the bone.

Where the really fall short is on their sides. They are fucking tiny. With the 2 piece meal, you get 2 sides. On my first visit nearly two weeks ago, I tried to order mashed potatoes and okra. They were out of mashed potatoes and still are to this day. Very disappointing. I instead settled on mac n cheese and okra. The okra was like some oreida frozen aisle shit. The mac n cheese was alright at best and consisted of about a dozen macaroni. The fries, while good, come in equivalently diminutive portions. The biscuit which comes with each meal is basically a jimmy dean kinda deal. Not very good at all.

It is also a 30 minute wait at minimum.

Overall, I am very pleased with the chicken but cannot overlook the sides and wait conundrums. If they were more expedient and had better sides, I think it would be an excellent meal but at this time I cannot give them more than a 6.5/10. I recommend they hire a black grandmother as a consultant for their side dishes. That would lead to simple and major improvements.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Wait, were they galloping around with handmade broomsticks between their legs, pretending to fly while throwing a ball around???
    Wtf?
    Was there a Jag in the parking lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Wow. Just getting caught up here. Crazy roomates are just part of the deal. A rite of passage as others have said.

My freshmen year I live in the "suite" on the 15th floor of Scwill-Ville at CU. We never saw our RA all year long. Total free for all. My roommate was this half irish/half scottish super drunk (I wasn't much better to be honest though). The other room in the suite was this kid from NorCal who was running pounds back and forth from Humbolt weekly and a smelly gamer roommate. NEVER showered. Played video games 24/7.

SUF, go to class, study when you need to, ski your fucking ass off.

Seriously, if shit gets really fucked up you can crash on my couch a night or two.

Was catching up on the collagen thread and found it was noted I could help this young man out

So junior I just found out what credit card points are the other day silly me I'm slow seems I have enough points to fly to Vegas get a baller room w plenty of hookers and blow shit man my account taint said I need to use them that's what you get for charging 200k worth of product for mary Jane rotten crotch

It's like printing money

I was in college once it rhymed w julliard I tripping balls all day started at 9 or 10 got to the opera I was working that night and the conductor was all handsy w me I'm having a hard enough time keeping my shit straight and this guy was hoping for a date after the show

I dropped out soon after moved west and learned how to separate desperate housewives from there husbands money

The world has lots to offer

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Roost is yuppified bozeman fried chicken. I'd rather eat churches on the last train home in chi. You want a good side get some green Chile and cheese grits from bar 3(yeah yeah it's not southern grits). Its spendy but the one time I tried the new "bbq" place downtown they actually had some really good overpriced smoked meat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

SuF - you want chicken go to Gallatin Riverhouse in Big Sky. $7 gets you stuffed. As you know, I’m a big dude (like you) and I could never finish it all. Big sides of beans, cornbread, slaw, corn on the cob. All for $7 !

Pro tip - horseshoe pits in the back. Good memories playing with Talisman’s kid brother. Note: Talisman is the absolute worst horseshoe player I have ever seen. I suggest wearing a full face helmet if you throw shoes with him.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I would also recommend some brisket street tacos(with extra pickles). Best thing that happened to that place was the old bird selling to carnie etc.

To pile on Harry's advice go when they're having a wedding and find a sugar momma.(or rainbow ranch)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was just in a wedding at Rainbow this weekend. Single ladies were essentially non-existent sadly. Great spot for a wedding though.

I will 3rd the suggestion of the fried chicken at Riverhouse. Best I have ever had. Sells out often so get there at like 5-530.

Heeb's fried chicken FTW

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    It is time to revisit this. I just finished my third meal from Roost and have come to some conclusions. Their chicken is good, but of the three offerings (regular, nashville hot, and sweet heat), sweet heat is far and away the best. It has a depth of flavor unlike any chicken I have ever had. Nashville hot comes in a distant second. It relies too heavily on its kick and lacks actual flavor. The regular chicken is bland, plain and simple. It has hardly any seasoning. Overall, the meat is above average. It is tender and fairly moist. The breast offering is an excellent size with a hearty portion of meat on the bone.

Where the really fall short is on their sides. They are fucking tiny. With the 2 piece meal, you get 2 sides. On my first visit nearly two weeks ago, I tried to order mashed potatoes and okra. They were out of mashed potatoes and still are to this day. Very disappointing. I instead settled on mac n cheese and okra. The okra was like some oreida frozen aisle shit. The mac n cheese was alright at best and consisted of about a dozen macaroni. The fries, while good, come in equivalently diminutive portions. The biscuit which comes with each meal is basically a jimmy dean kinda deal. Not very good at all.

It is also a 30 minute wait at minimum.

Overall, I am very pleased with the chicken but cannot overlook the sides and wait conundrums. If they were more expedient and had better sides, I think it would be an excellent meal but at this time I cannot give them more than a 6.5/10. I recommend they hire a black grandmother as a consultant for their side dishes. That would lead to simple and major improvements.
    I’ll be in the Dirty South in a week, I’ll give Church’s a try again if they have a hot option. What are the go to sides at Church’s? Or Bojangles?
    Places I’ll be
    Charlotte NC
    Brevard
    Nashville
    Memphis
    Bentonville AR
    Denver
    Home
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Was there a Jag in the parking lot?
    I thought it was sold after the divorce?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Seems like an ideal marketplace for a white, used Jag with Harry Potter decals,

Definitely a chick's car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’ll be in the Dirty South in a week, I’ll give Church’s a try again if they have a hot option. What are the go to sides at Church’s? Or Bojangles?
    Places I’ll be
    Charlotte NC
    Brevard
    Nashville
    Memphis
    Bentonville AR
    Denver
    Home
    if you plan on taking 321 to 40 as your route from CLT to Brevard, I highly recommend you stop at my uncle Steve's bbq joint in Lincolnton. It is some of the best in the state, which puts it pretty high up there for best in the world. His onion rings are far and away the best i have ever had. the hushpuppies are damn good too.

http://www.barbqkingnc.com/menu.html

And for sides at Bojangles, you gotta get fries. if you feel like doubling up on potato-based product, go with either bo rounds or mashed potatoes. if not, the pintos are pretty good.

SyF would do well to model himself after another Montana State student, now Alum, who posted here for a long time. Single worked as a ski tech at the Round House, hiked the Ridge and posted stoke, all while studying Mechanical Engineering. Graduated and founded the latest in-fashion RV company, Go Fast Campers. Single is a cool guy who has done real well for himself.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

No, unfortunately I’m in the only option that is decidedly worse. Fucking Wankford.

FIFY.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 09-07-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    SyF would do well to model himself after another Montana State student, now Alum, who posted here for a long time. Single worked as a ski tech at the Round House, hiked the Ridge and posted stoke, all while studying Mechanical Engineering. Graduated and founded the latest in-fashion RV company, Go Fast Campers. Single is a cool guy who has done real well for himself.
    I think I'd rather follow in the footsteps of fastfred.

[QUOTE=concretejungle;6398071]
    No, unfortunately I’m in the only option that is decidedly worse. Fucking Wankford.

FIFY.
    I could not have imagined a worse dorm situation. I confused Langford with Yellowstone on my housing application and thought I would be in a state of the art, co-ed dorm with normal people.

Collegge

I could not have imagined a worse dorm situation.
    This was my “dorm situation” one week after my HS graduation.

While Langford is indeed the absolute shittiest dorm at Montana State, life could be far worse.

Name:  Image1631018605.658417.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  115.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

Wait, there was a divorce?

Or did the spell just break?
    I still call it The Jake.

The streak has ended. At approximately 9:40 this morning (easily the earliest I have seen him awake), my roommate entered the shower. By my calculations, this is the first instance of bathing in at least 19 days, though I suspect the true number to be higher.

In college, dude down the hall from me had a roommate he couldn't stand who never showered and he put some Nair in his shampoo bottle. Dude's washing his hair and clumps were coming out. It was a pretty dicey situation for a while.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    In college, dude down the hall from me had a roommate he couldn't stand who never showered and he put some Nair in his shampoo bottle. Dude's washing his hair and clumps were coming out. It was a pretty dicey situation for a while.
    That seems like a really good way to get beaten the fuck up.

And for sides at Bojangles
    Monday PM driving back from HHI

Keyshawn: "four targeting calls in the first half? WTF is going on in Atlanta?"
    Jaywill "see, that's what happens when chic-fil-a closes on a holiday"
    "Can't you see..."

The streak has ended. At approximately 9:40 this morning (easily the earliest I have seen him awake), my roommate entered the shower. By my calculations, this is the first instance of bathing in at least 19 days, though I suspect the true number to be higher.
    Now make a visible "days since last shower ...xx days. record: xx days" workplace accident safety style thing and put it up in the room .

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Monday PM driving back from HHI

Keyshawn: "four targeting calls in the first half? WTF is going on in Atlanta?"
    Jaywill "see, that's what happens when chic-fil-a closes on a holiday"
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Now make a visible "days since last shower ...xx days. record: xx days" workplace accident safety style thing and put it up in the room .
    And according to Parvo that earns you a dessert or something with your shift meal if you hit 30 days.
    I still call it The Jake.