Thread: Sony A6000?

Sony A6000?

Kind of looking at getting back into a little photography. Have an older Nikon DSLR and would prefer something a little smaller, but still high quality images I can edit a bit. Also that I can take a long biking, skiing, hiking and road trips. Stumbled across the Sony A6000 and it seems to fit the bill and budget.

any thoughts, ideas, reviews? I’ve been reading and watching a lot of reviews and it seems decent enough. Anyone have one they wanna sell? Time to upgrade, perhaps? Haha.

I own one. It’s the only high end camera I’ve ever owned so I’d be no good offering any sort of comparison.

I find it perfect for my unskilled photography… It takes amazing photos in the cheater settings I use. The tracking autofocus is awesome for action shots… It’s the “correct” size. I can’t imagine skiing or biking with a full frame dslr (obviously people do it…)

I bought Sony’s 18-135mm lens to replace the OEM power lens that comes in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Bunch of threads on the Sony a6xxx series. Search, JONG! Yeah, they are excellent cameras.

Don't waste your time on the usual kit lenses. Find a kit with the 18-135mm if possible. The standard kit lens is the 16-50mm and it sucks, some kits also include the 55-210mm which is OK. But the 18-135mm is a great lens for most shooting and a solid step up in quality.

I might be persuaded to sell my a6000 body... I'm interested in getting into a bit more video work and thinking about upgrading to the a6400 for that purpose. I dunno what used a6000 bodies are going for these days.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Bunch of threads on the Sony a6xxx series. Search, JONG! Yeah, they are excellent cameras.

Don't waste your time on the usual kit lenses. Find a kit with the 18-135mm if possible. The standard kit lens is the 16-50mm and it sucks, some kits also include the 55-210mm which is OK. But the 18-135mm is a great lens for most shooting and a solid step up in quality.

I might be persuaded to sell my a6000 body... I'm interested in getting into a bit more video work and thinking about upgrading to the a6400 for that purpose. I dunno what used a6000 bodies are going for these days.
    Let me know if you come up with a price, I’d be interested. There are a couple for sale locally with the 16-50. $475 canadian seems to be about the going locally. One I’m eying on eBay that is local as well. The 18-135 would be awesome I think.

Think I could get a couple hundred for my dslr as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums