Dropper post rope replacement?

Anyone have a source for the proper string. I don't need a rebuild kit. I have back up parts out the whazzo from buying those kits. I just need the rope.

Are you talking about the normal actuation cable? Because that's just a shifter cable, any shop will have one. Or do you mean the little piece of dynema line that the externally routed KS Lev uses?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Or do you mean the little piece of dynema line that the externally routed KS Lev uses?
    And if it’s this option, replace it with a regular shifter cable instead. Save yourself a lot of aggravation. After the 2nd broken line I put the shifter cable in and it’s been fine for several years.

PNW and brand X have an internal string that runs from the external cable housing to the actuator. That is the piece of string or rope I am talking about. It is a small diameter braided rope, a lot like braded fine dental floss. PNW is currently sold out.

“Necessity is the mother of invention”

(I’m trying to be inspirational here)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Get a wooden thread spool. Nail a bunch of finishing nail around one end. Braid your own rope out of floss (or whatever) or just use a shifter cable.

My PNW, and any I’ve seen, use shifter cable. Like you see in this PNW video:

Is yours an older version I’ve never seen maybe?

The rope is internal to the unit. It runs from the connection to the cable, through the housing to an actuator at the base, all internal to the unit. I've had to replace two, and used the last one last week. Whenever I replace something like this, I order another, and it is one more item that is "Sold Out" currently. So, the PNW above in the video does contain the part I am digging for.

Probably the same one used on the original KS LEV. It's what allows the externally routed posts to actuate at the bottom of the post. It's one of the reasons internally routed posts are better despite them being so fucking maddening.

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=77865
    A buddy of mine was servicing boat loads of LEVs and found a kevlar kite string that was equivalent. But probably not worth searching for in your case. For the "Isolator Pellet" he found some plastic bean bag internals that he'd cut down to size. Again, probably not worth it for a one time thing. So, get the set if you need the pellet or get the longer string if you don't.
    https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=70009
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Probably the same one used on the original KS LEV. It's what allows the externally routed posts to actuate at the bottom of the post. It's one of the reasons internally routed posts are better despite them being so fucking maddening.

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=77865
    A buddy of mine was servicing boat loads of LEVs and found a kevlar kite string that was equivalent. But probably not worth searching for in your case. For the "Isolator Pellet" he found some plastic bean bag internals that he'd cut down to size. Again, probably not worth it for a one time thing. So, get the set if you need the pellet or get the longer string if you don't.
    https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=70009
    This is what I needed!! Thanks!!