95. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

91 95.79%
  • NO

3 3.16%
  • PARTIALLY

1 1.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Maybe, but it predated covid for sure. Hell we had a big thread about vaccines and skepticism around 2010 or so. Some of it seemed to be young moms on the internet too much, but I don't know if that's where it started spreading beyond the really hippy and really religious folks.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Maybe, but it predated covid for sure. Hell we had a big thread about vaccines and skepticism around 2010 or so. Some of it seemed to be young moms on the internet too much, but I don't know if that's where it started spreading beyond the really hippy and really religious folks.
    Sure, but you didn't have the red hatted moron brigade refusing vaxes because their leaders were playing them for votes. That's tens of millions of people who now are 'vax skeptical.' Used to be just fringe loonies--now it's fringe loonies who are the base of the GOP.
    [quote][//quote]

I think the whole vaccines cause autism thing that started in the late 90s turbo-charged things and lead to a lot more people questioning big pharma. It definitely went through the hippie crowd like wildfire. Heck, my wife and I even became a little vaccine hesitant for a short period. We got over it. Our kids got all of their vaccines, although our first kid got MMR a little late. It didn't help that one of her early vaccines was brand new and then quickly recalled for safety reasons at the same time that she got really sick with bad diarrhea. That scared us a bit and put us off to new vaccines for a bit. Like the chicken pox vaccine and HPV vaccine. The kids all had actual chicken pox. And they all got the HPV vaccine.

My brother is a physician. I just do whatever he does.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.