lace-up boot liners

Thoughts? Pros/cons? I've kind of wanted to get a pair since they started selling them but have heard different assessments (and I know there are at least three or four manufacturers now). I probably could use new liners soon, so...
    [quote][//quote]

Zipfits have been going strong for me for the past 6 years.

It does make your booting procedure more fiddly, though. Have to put foot into liner, lace up, and then stuff the whole assembly into shells. Vice versa to get out of boots - foot and liner out of shells first, unlace, and finally foot out of liner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

It does take an extra 30 seconds per boot to start your ski day, as described above.

But I for one will never go back to non-laced liners in any performance fitting shell. I’ve done the “foot in liner, lace up, liner into shell” routine for the last 4+ years with both Zipfits and Intuitions with good results. When the ski day is done, reverse the process. Unbuckle, genuflect, and remove the foot/liner combo from the shell. If you have low volume feet/arches and a low volume shell, this may be the only way to comfortably get your foot in and out of the boot. Especially if the shells are cold.

^^ what they said. big fan of zipfits. as long as you heat your shells up on the way to the hill you're good.

Not what you're thinking, but Scarpa's user to have lace up liners. Nice, high performance fit. I'm sure it was much more cush and convenient than the zipfits. Lace up was also nice when you released your buckles when skinning.

Lace up liners all the way for me…
    Maybe it is me or all these years I have been doing it wrong but when I am laze which is most of the time these days I can get my foot in my boot without taking my liners (lace up) out and putting them on first. Once in I don’t feel any difference.

Intuition Pro Tongue has been great for me. Every time before skiing, I take my liners out of the shell, lace them up, slip in and go. Very happy. Snug, comfy, and stiff.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I can’t make them work. The whole system becomes to ridged for my foot and I get immense pain in the mid foot. Take the laces out of the same line and we’re golden. Each their own

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I can’t make them work. The whole system becomes to ridged for my foot and I get immense pain in the mid foot. Take the laces out of the same line and we’re golden. Each their own
    do you have a high instep ?

I do and so i can't have a liner tongue or anything on top of the mid foot in fact only the powrwrap works for me cuz i am a special flower

we are all special flowers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    do you have a high instep ?

I do and so i can't have a liner tongue or anything on top of the mid foot in fact only the powrwrap works for me cuz i am a special flower

we are all special flowers
    Yes. High arch / high instep and an incredibly rigid foot. I have found some tongue liners work, but always need to cut the little elastic crap out. Current Lange RS liner works for me. Historically have used wrap liners. Can’t lace those up either.

IME lacing systems/ poorly designed tongue attachments/ thick pieces of elastic all add to the problem if you got a high arch IME

I think its called the Navicular bone on top of the arch that can really hurt

I have had several pairs of lace up intuition liners in touring boots and am a fan, but I wish the eyelets were more robust. Mine eventually tear out or are cut by friction with the laces. Although, when that happens the liners are usually due for replacement due to pack out and funk.

One thing to beware of when molding lace-up liners is that its much easier to pull out the eyelets while the foam is still hot

Ok, looks like I will be giving them a try, thx everyone. And yes, very familiar w PITA factor having spent years helping my daughter wrestle w her liners and plug shells (used to use a silicon spray to help--fortunately no way I will ever be in such shells again).
    [quote][//quote]

one thing to keep an eye on: the bolts/hardware at the back of a shell can tear up the back edge of the heel of your pretty, new liners in a heartbeat. there are probably several good fixes. I cover the bolts with a wide strip of gaffer's tape and then spray it up with food-grade silicone.

^ after blowing out the heel seam on intuitions by jamming them in with my foot, I invested in one of these: https://www.buckmans.com/product/243...boot-boot-horn

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    one thing to keep an eye on: the bolts/hardware at the back of a shell can tear up the back edge of the heel of your pretty, new liners in a heartbeat. there are probably several good fixes. I cover the bolts with a wide strip of gaffer's tape and then spray it up with food-grade silicone.
    Good point, dealt with that with an old pair of shells and some old Intuitions. Think duct tape did the trick (but those liners weren't coming out all that often). Would prefer not to have to rely on the spray.
    [quote][//quote]

I tried to be a fan of lace up liners, as I thought they’d help with blister issues when touring.

I could just never get my feet in / out of boots with the laces. Tried the Pro Tongue and Pro Tour. Removed both sets of laces.

Now I tour 3-4 days a week and just don’t get blisters.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Been using them for a while. Definitely adds a bit of time to the morning routine, but no pinch or hurt getting in. It's easy for me, just a process. This is in Dobie WC shells, first with Dobie liners, now Zip Fit's the last 2 years. Touring boots w/ intuition as well, although that is soo much easier it doesn't really count compared to the Dobie's.

I definitely like it. Feel's like my foot is always in the right spot in the liner and shell. No pinch of the shell on my foot when trying to stuff it into a cold plug shell.
    He who has the most fun wins!

^^^Same. Zipfits ftw.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk