Anyone skied the new 102 Stormrider? What did you think?

Truth be told, I have been salivating over Storm Riders since the Asteroid went bye bye.

I am hoping I can find a pair for a good price someplace this year (and convince the wife I need to add these to my quiver).

Anyone skied these?

What were your experiences on them? I want to use them as a RM or Western one quiver ski. I mostly stick with resort and side country stuff.

I am a technical middle weight (155lb) skier but I like carving, especially early season. I spend a lot of time in steep bumps, glades. When it snows I like to get on real steeps etc.

Anyone that has skied these of last years 105, does this seem to fit the bill for these?

what length? and what is this "good price" you speak of?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

182 180ish

hoping near $800 used

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    182 180ish

hoping near $800 used
    Only in Stokli land. Oh yeah I forgot about Kastle

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Only in Stokli land. Oh yeah I forgot about Kastle
    Yeah, one can dream.

this is why I’ve never owned any

Always wanted a pair but getting a good deal was impossible. Knowing that they were changing for 2022 I walked into the Stockli shop, that is all he sells. Brought $900 cash asked if he would take $900 for storm rider 95’s with pivot 14’s mounted. He thought about and said deal. I use them for my hard pack ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    Always wanted a pair but getting a good deal was impossible. Knowing that they were changing for 2022 I walked into the Stockli shop, that is all he sells. Brought $900 cash asked if he would take $900 for storm rider 95’s with pivot 14’s mounted. He thought about and said deal. I use them for my hard pack ski.

did you walk out with em? Lol

Yes, mounted them while I waited.

I have 2 pair of the old Green/black 95's that I love for my on-piste do everything ski. Sooo smooooth. So much better than the Kastle mx89 which I will sell this fall. Have thought the 105 would be a sweet do everything ski, but haven't ridden it. I did try one of the steel top sheet 05's a few years ago and they neutered the tip. Way softer than my old ones, which aren't super stiff to begin with. Monster 98's are way stiffer for example.

Keep hunting...
    He who has the most fun wins!

^ that seems like a deal if the Pivots were mounted with right BSL for somebody. Also the plaid top sheet ones have been the stiffest the versions later are softer and then for 21/22 bit stiffer but still not plaid top sheet. Just sold a new (3 day skied) SR95, plaid ones I liked better. Tails on the new versions are wider w/o that last little taper.
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Anyone skied the new 102 Stormrider? What did you think?

FWIW- Someone posted over in the OR thread that Hoodoo is selling off their Stokli demo fleet

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Not all who wander are lost"