Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Saas-Fee might be a nice stop midway from Geneva. Anyone been in Winter? Next valley over from Zermatt so quieter I imagine? Winter terrain? I’ve only ever been in August, patch skiing on the glacier for a few Summer ski camps/training. It was a nice little town as I remember and I wouldn’t mind going back for nostalgia sake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F138053-0775-4426-9BE9-B7F044935E0E.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	572.8 KB 
ID:	388617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A0DC8C3E-C9BD-4DF8-A7DB-71E07CDC2CC2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	388618  

Saas Fee has crazy views and really stellar piste skiing. Freeride options are limited by glaciers but there are plenty of secure options on unglaciated slopes. Good starting and or finishing point for any number of high alpine touring. I make an effort to get out there a couple times per season, longest drive I'm willing to do for a day trip from Lausanne.

^^Those mx98s would do really well there

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I haz a question for you experts:

Would it be weird to fly into Geneva, then head down the Valles and Cham for a few days (b/c I've never been there) then take a train over to Sedrun? Or am I adding a HUDGE f'n headache...and just save it for another time?
    Depends how much time you have. Cham / Verbier etc can have very different snow conditions to Andermatt if there have been fronts coming in from the West. If conditions are good, an itinerary taking in a day or 2 in Chamonix, Verbier and say Zermatt would be well worth it and tick off 3 of the best ski resorts in the world IMO. Easily doable by transfer bus to Cham and then train to Verbier and Zermatt (or any other Valais resorts). If you are not too fussy about accommodation you could just get the flights now and leave the accommodation booking to later and select according to conditions.

Ps I’m planning to drive over from Lausanne/Verbier way on Friday 11th March in case anyone wants a lift

For anyone sticking around beyond the 20th I can potentially offer some accommodation in Verbier from Sunday 20th to Friday 25th. Could be a nice opportunity to enjoy some of Verbier’s terrain amongst the FWT riders who’ll be in town for the comp starting on 26th
    https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ev...er-switzerland

^^Helluvan offer. Bobinch has a great place and is an excellent host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Rats, I'm already booked to fly out on the 15th.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A Note on evening trains to Rueras

If your flight gets in after 16:00, it looks like SBB has no scheduled trains from ZRH ( Zürich Flughafen) direct to Rueras after 16:48.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/buying/pages/f...fahrplan.xhtml

This may change if the Rhaetian Railway changes their schedule. I wouldn't count on that.
    But don't panic.

If you're in that situation, then check trains to Disentis, which is only 11km from https://www.mt-lodge.com/.
    It looks like there's trains to Disentis leaving the Zurich airport at 18:18, 19:18 and 20:18, arriving Disentis @ 21:11, 22:15 and 23:18 respectively.

If mt-lodge can't pick you up, here's a link to a taxi service: https://www.furgertaxi.ch/Unsere-Leistungen/

IME, coming in late via Disentis is that once the local train shuts down between Disentis / Sedrun / Rueras -- they run a free sprinter shuttle up the valley. It can be cozy. I got to share the front seat with a young co-ed after traveling for 20hrs straight.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    IME, coming in late via Disentis is that once the local train shuts down between Disentis / Sedrun / Rueras -- they run a free sprinter shuttle up the valley. It can be cozy. I got to share the front seat with a young co-ed after traveling for 20hrs straight.
    In the past, the sbb site covers the Swiss Post Bus, which is what you're referring to, and late routes to Rueras were displayed with the last leg on the bus.
    But that is not shown now on the sbb site.
    I'm not sure what that means, but worst case, folks can find late trains to Disentis on the sbb site and manage it from there.

There’s a public bus from Disentis at 7.02 p.m. at 8.02 p.m. and at 10.07 p.m. and if anyone is coming in later, I’ll come and pick them up

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Ah… the bus stops right in front of the Lodge

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In the past, the sbb site covers the Swiss Post Bus, which is what you're referring to, and late routes to Rueras were displayed with the last leg on the bus.
    But that is not shown now on the sbb site.
    I'm not sure what that means, but worst case, folks can find late trains to Disentis on the sbb site and manage it from there.
    Well, at least you don't have to decipher the SFB site because he will be there!

I'll definitely have to come one day for beers and some SFB language courses.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Im having a very difficult time deciding between this trip and MT. I can drive to MT in 7 hrs and not be saddled with jet lag. BB BS, Maverick and Pebble sound fun. OTOH, I have not skied CH in 15 years. ....and I have over 200,000 Sky miles.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Im having a very difficult time deciding between this trip and MT. I can drive to MT in 7 hrs and not be saddled with jet lag. BB BS, Maverick and Pebble sound fun. OTOH, I have not skied CH in 15 years. ....and I have over 200,000 Sky miles.
    OK

What are you like a retired lifelong skier with 11,000 posts on tgr? And your weighing your options between getting core shots in Montana or coming to a TGR ski week with a bunch of homies in a booked out hotel in Tujetsch, a place so far up a mountain valley the locals speak Romanch. And they just got a new tram!

^^ European Billy Goat skier speaks the truth. This thread is tough to read this year - don’t know if I can swing it. And if I can pull it off, seems it maybe be booked out by then..
    Hi Vendul, hope you have a successful winter!

No doubt that it is going to be a great trip.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    ^^ European Billy Goat skier speaks the truth. This thread is tough to read this year - don’t know if I can swing it. And if I can pull it off, seems it maybe be booked out by then..
    Hi Vendul, hope you have a successful winter!
    Pull the trigger Luke! It won’t be the same without you.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Pull the trigger Luke! It won’t be the same without you.
    Appreciate the nudge and shout bud! Had a great time with you. That trip was magical for me.

EUROBBI2022 MARCH 1-20 2022 MOUNTAIN LODGE SEDRUN, SWITZERLAND

Make some turns for me boys! I’ll be there in spirit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2871d053-0f81-4fd9-9816-b972621d2cbc.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	389181
    Your most awesome host leading us to some of the goods.

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	389182

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    After everything that’s happened in the last two years if you have the means to travel abroad and enjoy new experiences and adventures, get out and do it and don’t look back.
    Some of us don't. And can’t.
    New perspective for ya.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Make some turns for me boys! I’ll be there in spirit.

Name:	2871d053-0f81-4fd9-9816-b972621d2cbc.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	389181
    Your most awesome host leading us to some of the goods.

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	389182
    I don’t ski fast enough to make turns for you, but I can have a beer or two for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    The stoke is hiiiiiiigh this morning. Looking forward to all of it

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm down! Looks like Japan borders are closed until summer '22.

And Zurich has some mighty fine Gentlemen's clubs *Chef's kiss*

Booked up at the Mountain Lodge for the 11th-13th week-end. Fingers crossed for some major March dumpage!

Due to the sheer size of this thread I don’t know if this has been mentioned, another couple guys (or ladies) into sharing a family room?