Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Question which may have been answered but reading conflicting reports
    Do you still need a negative PCR or antigen test to enter Switzerland?
    Looking forward to meeting new mags and seeing the ones I know. Stoked is an understatement to be a part of this and again thank you for all that has made this possible. This will certainly be the best thing that’s happened to me in a year. Also thanks for all suggestions and advice
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Question which may have been answered but reading conflicting reports
    Do you still need a negative PCR or antigen test to enter Switzerland?
    No, you'll need a vax certificate. Did you get one? You'll need a picture of your vax card showing all vaccinations as well as a booster.

Do you need the link to the vax cert?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    No, you'll need a vax certificate. Did you get one? You'll need a picture of your vax card showing all vaccinations as well as a booster.

Do you need the link to the vax cert?

According to the news that’s no longer needed.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...eltigkeit.html

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    According to the news that’s no longer needed.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...eltigkeit.html
    well awrighty.

well awrighty.
    I am a little concerned that I should go ahead and get one even though that seems fairly clear. Anyone else rolling without at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I am a little concerned that I should go ahead and get one even though that seems fairly clear. Anyone else rolling without at this point?
    The advantage to having one is that it's good in the entire Schengen area, so if you want to go to Austria or Italy, you have a valid cert.

Yes have my cert printed out and have been boostered . Will be traveling with passport vax card and cert. Also got the Rega insurance. Thanks for answering questions
    always forward but never straight

We're up to 8 for a guided day either 3/12 or 3/13 (N. Am date convention).

Anyone else?
    Think you got my 3 of 4 already in that first 8, but if not- yes, yes, and yes.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Think you got my 3 of 4 already in that first 8, but if not- yes, yes, and yes.
    So far there's me, z-bo, papaZ, squirrel99, jackattack, jackattack+, mofro, mofro1, mofro2, MrMike, BobInCH, alias_rice, alias_rice+, carvehard

So that's 14. We may need to split into 3 groups.

If I do this, please don't back out as it screws up the guides plans.

The advantage to having one is that it's good in the entire Schengen area, so if you want to go to Austria or Italy, you have a valid cert.
    Austria will also drop covid restrictions including testing and vax requirements on March 5. Italy is still holding on to it's restrictions for now.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...-5-2022-02-16/

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

So far there's me, z-bo, papaZ, squirrel99, jackattack, jackattack+, mofro, mofro1, mofro2, MrMike, BobInCH, alias_rice, alias_rice+, carvehard

So that's 14. We may need to split into 3 groups.

If I do this, please don't back out as it screws up the guides plans.
    I'm in for either day (and won't back out), but a preference for 3/13 because 3/12 is our first day. Either way you go, just give me a head's up because Ann will do a Chedi (spa) day the guided day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Austria will also drop covid restrictions including testing and vax requirements on March 5. Italy is still holding on to it's restrictions for now.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...-5-2022-02-16/

Thanks.

Are you going to make an appearance this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'm in for either day (and won't back out), but a preference for 3/13 because 3/12 is our first day. Either way you go, just give me a head's up because Ann will do a Chedi (spa) day the guided day.
    Looks like with 3 groups, we may have to split into smaller groups and not all groups will go on the same day.

Here's a good fatmap of the sidecountry around The Gemsstock at Andermatt, Click on the "freeride" tab on the left menu.
    https://fatmap.com/adventures/@46.61...0700,satellite

Here's one of Disentis, but for some reason it doesn't include Val Strem to viewers left of the top lift.

https://fatmap.com/around/Disentis/M...7710,satellite
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 02-19-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Here's one of Disentis, but for some reason it doesn't include Val Strem to viewers right of the top lift.

https://fatmap.com/around/Disentis/M...7710,satellite
    Which is OK
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Btw. Forecast has improved for next week. Early March is still a gamble. The Ens Show everything from arctic outbreak to Sahara hotnights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1avnmBG3kA

fwiw, both the covid cert (https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign) or the locator form (https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular) sites are saying we don't need to use them. I signed up for the cert last week but am not expecting it to go throught at this point. I'll have my vax card with me but as the travelcheck website says "Entry to the country is currently possible without pandemic-related measures"
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

So benny could come?

Disentis/Sedrun/Andermatt not on IKON duh. And he hates Switzerland anyways. Too many trust funder Hillary lovers.

Buster, you have roll call on BBIYurp22? At least for SLC denizens; as I mentioned I need to send something to CH and would like to drop it off with a local.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Buster, you have roll call on BBIYurp22? At least for SLC denizens; as I mentioned I need to send something to CH and would like to drop it off with a local.
    ZZZ, Criscam, alias_rice, sfb.

Plus, you should come to complete the return!

Reading thorough this thread has me thinking about planning a trip sometime next year. (Can't make this year's, and not sure if timing will work out for next year's bbi) I've never been skiing in Switzerland before and was hoping someone more experienced could chime in. My understanding is that "piste" is basically like a groomed run in the USA - maintained, groomed, avalanche controlled, patrolled, etc, and "off piste" would basically be like back country skiing. But is there something in between like the equivalent of say the back bowls at Vail - fairly easy to get to from the lifts, wide open, but not really completely back country. I guess in other words, can you comfortably go off piste without avalanche gear? And if so, is it best to go with a guide who can show you where to go, or would it be obvious? Also, if my maximum walk from a lift were around 10 minutes would those that have been here before say it's still awesome, or would it be more like why bother if your not going to put in the effort for the really good runs? Just for reference I'm a double black in bounds skier but (obviously) have not done back country skiing since I really don't like going uphill. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LAAL22 View Post
    I guess in other words, can you comfortably go off piste without avalanche gear?
    No.

Plus, if you'd put just a little more effort into reading this thread, among others, you'd have a more detailed answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LAAL22 View Post
    Reading thorough this thread has me thinking about planning a trip sometime next year. (Can't make this year's, and not sure if timing will work out for next year's bbi) I've never been skiing in Switzerland before and was hoping someone more experienced could chime in. My understanding is that "piste" is basically like a groomed run in the USA - maintained, groomed, avalanche controlled, patrolled, etc, and "off piste" would basically be like back country skiing. But is there something in between like the equivalent of say the back bowls at Vail - fairly easy to get to from the lifts, wide open, but not really completely back country. I guess in other words, can you comfortably go off piste without avalanche gear? And if so, is it best to go with a guide who can show you where to go, or would it be obvious? Also, if my maximum walk from a lift were around 10 minutes would those that have been here before say it's still awesome, or would it be more like why bother if your not going to put in the effort for the really good runs? Just for reference I'm a double black in bounds skier but (obviously) have not done back country skiing since I really don't like going uphill. Thanks!
    Nothing in Switzerland compares to the Back Bowls(TM). They are nonpareil. You're better off going back to Vail and using your most excellent double black diamond skillz on Prima. It's the toughest run in the entire world.

Ski Vail!

Why even waste your time on the puny vert and terrain that Europe provides. Just book a trip to mammoth.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Why even waste your time on the puny vert and terrain that Europe provides. Just book a trip to mammoth.
    Yes! It spreads!
    Mammoth is always a quality Alternative. I mean even the freeride World Tour considers it.

Thanks.

Are you going to make an appearance this year?
    Was waiting for last minute decision but seems not now. I have this week off and looks like snow will be decent locally. Also since covid restrictions are slowly coming to an end, need to spend my extra vaca time stateside this year.

Here's a good fatmap of the sidecountry around The Gemsstock at Andermatt, Click on the "freeride" tab on the left menu.
    https://fatmap.com/adventures/@46.61...0700,satellite
    Wow! What black magic is this amazing site?!

Here's a beautiful view of my **favorite** long descents at Andermatt. <drool>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	406662

And this bad boy couloir...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andermatt James Couloir - FatMap.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	406663