Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    I would say my concern is definitely up, but we have some time that will hopefully sort things out. The most concerning piece I read was the modern ceo saying the existing vaccines will be less effective, but unclear how much so and it will take months to develop and produce new vaccines.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/moderna...effectiveness/

I imagine greater clarity will be found by the new year.

I cancelled a Japanuary trip because Japan hasn’t opened up for travelers and I don’t see that changing now with the new variant. But, call me an optimist, I have started looking at joining up for EuroBBI. I’ll know more when my refunds hit next week, but would be great to join you kooks. As with most things, Time will Tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    This article describes how you can show your US CDC vaccination card at a German pharmacy which will allow you to get the EU COVID19 vaccination certificate. Apparently you can also do this in French pharmacies, although I have heard it is more hit and miss. Not sure about Italian pharmacies, but would suspect it would be even more hit and miss.

Aforementioned article also links to the French website for an online application whereby you upload your USA CDC card and info. Don't bother, it's no longer working. I believe the site was overwhelmed by applications, and the French raised the white flag on it.

Article doesn't mention the Swiss website which is what I ended up using. You upload your USA CDC vax card, passport and itinerary (I used my plane ticket pdf, I imagine you could use a train ticket as well), also including an address in Switzerland you'll be staying (they don't check, I used a hotel near the airport). The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. They charge 30 CHF, but get back to you promptly, very Swiss.

Benny was so busy shouting at clouds about how it wasn't a "real" EU certificate, he completely ignored my mentioning that the Swiss pass is good in the rest of the EU due to reciprocity.
    ...thanks Tri-U, but I was trying to get Benny to actually contribute something.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Haha LOL yeah. Well, he does contribute a fair amount of amusement.

I'ma gonna buy a round at the Cool-match bar for any mags showing up for the 2022 EuroBBI at vendul's.

hi everyone

did you figure out your train-tickets? I am right here in Zurich and if needed I would look into that for you guys. Just let me know.

Also let me know if you wanna stay a night in Zurich at any point. I have a nice floor for you to crash and for most dates if you let me know in advance I can arrange a cheap room in our building (30CHF for up to 3 people/night)

/Leo

Outstanding! This is what makes this forum great!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    hi everyone

did you figure out your train-tickets? I am right here in Zurich and if needed I would look into that for you guys. Just let me know.

Also let me know if you wanna stay a night in Zurich at any point. I have a nice floor for you to crash and for most dates if you let me know in advance I can arrange a cheap room in our building (30CHF for up to 3 people/night)

/Leo

From tomorrow on: Have your test ready for Switzerland, even if vaccinated. No qarantine though. Not sure on the hours. I think 24h antigene and 48h pcr

People like me from the border region are Exempt.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

US will be requiring a negative test within 24 hours of your return flight down from 72

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    US will be requiring a negative test within 24 hours of your return flight down from 72
    It's basically impossible to get lab test results back that fast.

It sure is right now. 2 to 3 day wait for PCR. Which are they requiring?

Us or Swiss? Swiss are fine with antigene
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

US too.

Antigen test is fine for US. Confusing for sure as going to Canada and not ok there.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

Copying this across from SnowHeads as it’s very good. And the original post in case it gets updated
    https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/view...335&highlight=

A guide for vaccinated people only, in date as of 3rd December 2021. Will be updated as changes are announced.

Flying into & staying in France
    - Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...ational-travel

- Proof of Vaccination (printed, NHS App or ToutSansCovid App)

- Negative PCR or Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken up to 48 hours before arrival

Flying into & staying in Switzerland
    - Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...nreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival

- Negative PCR or Rapid Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken between days 4 & 7. Then reported to the local canton.

Flying into Switzerland & transiting to France
    - Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...nreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...ational-travel

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in Switzerland
    - Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Day 2 PCT Test, self-isolating until a negative test is received

Flying back to the UK from France after a holiday in France
    - Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France

- Proof of Vaccination

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

OK. So the flights we had booked have changed to an itinerary that simply won't work for us. I'm hoping Air Canada will let us out of the reservation since they made the change, forcing us into missed connections etc....

At the present time, I see some decent prices for flights on British Airways out of Seattle, but I'm looking for other options. Thoughts, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    OK. So the flights we had booked have changed to an itinerary that simply won't work for us. I'm hoping Air Canada will let us out of the reservation since they made the change, forcing us into missed connections etc....

At the present time, I see some decent prices for flights on British Airways out of Seattle, but I'm looking for other options. Thoughts, suggestions?
    Use a Euro airline if you can. Avoid Air Canada and Icelandic Air, they look inexpensive, but charge for everything once in the air, especially your checked luggage.

Shoot for 1 stop and shorter flight/travel times.

AirFrance is worth the extra $100. BA is good too. Usually each of those include 1 checked bag in the Econo rates which matters on overall costs. Lufthansa is decent as well.
    Do you have a kayak or google flight search with flex dates (+-3 days) set up?

https://www.kayak.com/flights/SEA-ZR...t=bestflight_a

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Use a Euro airline if you can. Avoid Air Canada and Icelandic Air, they look inexpensive, but charge for everything once in the air, especially your checked luggage.

Shoot for 1 stop and shorter flight/travel times.

AirFrance is worth the extra $100 I think. BA is good too. Usually each of those include 1 checked bag in the Econo rates which matters on overall costs. Lufthansa is decent as well.
    Do you have a kayak or google flight search with flex dates (+-3 days) set up?
    I did, and booked Air Canada Economy plus ticket when it was low. I'll see if I can get out of it...

EUROBBI2022 MARCH 1-20 2022 MOUNTAIN LODGE SEDRUN, SWITZERLAND

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    toying with t-shirt’s

does this embody what we stand for?

Attachment 390690
    i’m in for 3/9 - 3/17, stoked. my wife got some swag together based on the gnarnicorn - beanies design beanies/patches/shirts/stickers, there are minimum’s to meet on each item, so i’ll follow up here if we get to tha my point. i will bring some stickers for sure. google form here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v10.../edit#settings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639283795.701845.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	396300
    Last edited by shroom; 12-25-2021 at 01:07 AM.

awesome!
    I'll take 6 stickers, 4 beanies and 4 patches, all Euro design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (25)_LI.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	397453  
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-19-2021 at 02:21 PM.

I want to get some schwag but don’t want to be bummed about it if it doesn’t happen. Personal confidence level is down. I have been fortunate to live with low human contact during the virus. Was cautious with masks inside and proximity to people. Vaccinated and boosted when able. Even if borders remain open higher risk of failing test at last minute. Not concerned about death as much as long term effects. I have many friends who have long term Lyme disease and big part of my bias. Riding trams, trains, bars and restaurants seems pretty darn risky. Imagine the Swiss are some of the most resistant to closing tourist dollars. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i’m in for 3/9 - 3/17, stoked. my wife got some swag together based on the gnarnicorn - beanies design beanies/patches/shirts/stickers, there are minimum’s to meet on each item, so i’ll follow up here if we get to tha my point. i will bring some stickers for sure.
    Oh, I'm just seeing this!
    Fantabulous!!!

I'd love a t-shirt as well as some stickers, etcetera. Let me know what you need for minimums.

If I might be a pain in the ass... (Oh, I will, but I like to be polite about it)... I like the Euro design, but I think the blue font looks good from the Red/Blue design. Could the text from the Euro design that says "Euro BBI" and "22" not be in blue?

One O.G. (Old Gnarnicorn) to another.

I’d take stickers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In for at least a shirt and a few stickers.

I can’t make this work but if there are shirts available I would love one.

shit, email this morning that flights Nashville-London flights are cancelled. Back to the drawing board. Silver lining is that now I hopefully find something that gets me direct to CH from the US lessening the potential covid hassle.

Shroom, nice logo. I'll place an order.