Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I too wanted to meet Nordekette, hope to ski her next time.

The experience at the lodge with our Mag hosts was indeed the pivotal part of the trip.

They went out of their way in so many ways that you would be downright leery of asking in the first place. Those two deserve all of the success and fun that we can bring to them.

God knows they stay busy all day and keep everything running smoothly. And ya know that comes with some irritation on their part.

I consider them my new friends and sincerely hope they make a trip to the states soon so that we can all party and take care of them, as they do for us.

Don't belittle your actions Buster, I've changed since meeting you.

Danke.
    I think you're Confusing nordkette with klar.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

nordkette is a damn good skier but he’s not as good as klar!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    did we discuss scale

humbling to the core
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    did we discuss scale

humbling to the core
    the third and fourth pictures, whoa!!! holy shit.

hopefully everyone is on the mend and feeling better. sounds like an incredible trip!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This thread delivers the Euro stylings,

Name:  IMG_7743.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  152.3 KB

with Cool American Flavour.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I think you're Confusing nordkette with klar.
    Heh, plainly I was rolling on an assumption. Nordekette's input here always interests me, like most of the Europe regular mags.
    Which is why I made it a point to meet and chat with you a bit when you and the family arrived. Beautiful children I might add...

Be that as it may, I look forward to meeting more of you next winter.

Returning in 22-23 has become priority one for this bum...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the scale shots, SFB. Ya knows I'm hard pressed to stop for a shot. Maybe a toke now...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-21-2022 at 05:22 PM.

did i mention gratitude n stuffs fer snt buster the patron saints of euro bbi

fuck ya if ya aint down
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^^^^

That is a singularly great shot!!!!!

Print it.

I'd like to start a gofundme for a fresher pair of lifelink AEC or AC/BC probe poles for Buster. Ideally a matching pair. Mine were a tad too long. Will be a hunting this off season.

I like the title of Patron Saint of EuroBBI for Buster. The Godfather would also suit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Discussions have started and the Boss Lady agrees that the March Mag deal at the Mountain Lodge and the ticket prices are hard to beat so I may be taking my daughter next year as long as things line up. Cody is extremely excited about the prospect. You guys/gals will dig her, she's a great kid. I even told the Boss Lady that I'd forgo buying a season pass to ski locally but she disagreed and told me that that would be a bad idea for my personal well being. So, good stuff!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Discussions have started and the Boss Lady agrees that the March Mag deal at the Mountain Lodge and the ticket prices are hard to beat so I may be taking my daughter next year as long as things line up. Cody is extremely excited about the prospect. You guys/gals will dig her, she's a great kid. I even told the Boss Lady that I'd forgo buying a season pass to ski locally but she disagreed and told me that that would be a bad idea for my personal well being. So, good stuff!

" Discussions have started..."

That is fucking hilarious, way to get that ball rolling.
    Gonna be stoked to meet the young lady and make turns again witcha.

" Discussions have started..."

That is fucking hilarious, way to get that ball rolling.
    Gonna be stoked to meet the young lady and make turns again witcha.
    I've found that if you want the best possible harvest you have to plant the seeds early. The Boss Lady runs the show and it's generally smooth sailing as long as I'm not rocking the boat.

She's a fun kid and I can't wait to show her off! It will be a different trip of course with a much more reeled in apres vibe but that's probably good for me. After traveling there this time I feel a lot better about stashing some gummy's in the luggage so I'll stay plenty of medicated.

And those groomers man.......everyone can flame away, I don't care. Those cord highways were silly! There's plenty of fun to be had there even with crunchy low tide conditions.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

As a big mountain groomer aficionado, I've gotta say the main groomers off of the Gemsstock were pretty amazing.
    They were the most popular runs for the locals, yet were quiet and you could have it all to yourself for a mile. I did that at least 6 times...

On a coupla days the light was pretty flattish and yet the surface was so smooth, you just had to trust it and roll 'em.

And the sustained pitch of a few of them will require the strongest of skiers to straightline.
    I mean fucking terminal velocity as quick as you can manage. Potentially before.

Ask Mofro's son, who is also a top shelf ripper, I think he clocked in around the low 80 mph's.
    I had to ask him what din he was running...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    This thread delivers the Euro stylings,

Name:  IMG_7743.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  152.3 KB

with Cool American Flavour.
    What does an American taste like? Saltines and Coors?

EUROBBI2022 MARCH 1-20 2022 MOUNTAIN LODGE SEDRUN, SWITZERLAND

As a big mountain groomer aficionado, I've gotta say the main groomers off of the Gemsstock were pretty amazing.
    They were the most popular runs for the locals, yet were quiet and you could have it all to yourself for a mile. I did that at least 6 times...

On a coupla days the light was pretty flattish and yet the surface was so smooth, you just had to trust it and roll 'em.

And the sustained pitch of a few of them will require the strongest of skiers to straightline.
    I mean fucking terminal velocity as quick as you can manage. Potentially before.

Ask Mofro's son, who is also a top shelf ripper, I think he clocked in around the low 80 mph's.
    I had to ask him what din he was running...
    I Skied that the last run of the day with my WC-108 Tours with tecton's
    it's a great travel ski but not the best choice for a super steep and very long and beautiful ride to town.
    Not sure how fast I was going but when the tip's started flapping loudly I slowed down a bit.
    You are just trying to keep it together and al of a sudden you rip around a big banked turn and you are in town.
    Such a beautiful and humbling experience, Every Mag should go.
    BTW thank you for selling me your Patagonia
    Pants for a great price. I used them all season and you sent me a nice note and a sticker for my helmet. It’s easy to see that your a solid dude and a great ambassador on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm sorry, but you'll have to take that up with the skilorship board.

Now as to credit, yeah, sure I shoot my keyboard off, extolling the virtues of Yurpean skean, but the real credit lies mostly with vendul and s who not only work their butts off, but are constantly and lovingly emitting abundance and comfort at https://www.mt-lodge.com/.

Thanks and kudos to them.

Plus, all the other independently owned Yurpean businesses and a big FU to Alterra and Vail.

So, aside from all you wackjobs that fester there to create an awesome and fun scene, for whom I am eternally grateful, it's vendul and s to whom credit is dew.

Gotta say I missed nordkette.
    well yeah

lemmee know if and when cause next level hospitality paybacks are wicked bitchedly fun
    did i mention the culture

SFB - love the scenic photos....Lived near Garmisch, DEU for a few years right on the Austria border. Never got old.....didn't want to come home. Can't wait to get back over there! Your photos are stoking the fire for sure, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    I Skied that the last run of the day with my WC-108 Tours with tecton's
    it's a great travel ski but not the best choice for a super steep and very long and beautiful ride to town.
    Not sure how fast I was going but when the tip's started flapping loudly I slowed down a bit.
    You are just trying to keep it together and al of a sudden you rip around a big banked turn and you are in town.
    Such a beautiful and humbling experience, Every Mag should go.
    BTW thank you for selling me your Patagonia
    Pants for a great price. I used them all season and you sent me a nice note and a sticker for my helmet. It’s easy to see that your a solid dude and a great ambassador on this forum

Thanks for the compliment Mag, really appreciate that. Stoked that the pants worked well for ya. Always gratifying to help other mags have a better ski day/season...

- I'm a little confused about timing tho, your trip was at a different time OR you were there with us and it completely escaped me?
    I thought for sure I had met everyone and spent some time getting to know them.

There are a handful of mags here who burn down the house on their techy pin clamps.
    SFB powers the shit outta them Kusalas and other fattys; Buster makes any turn imagineable on his. When they stay on...

Thanks for the compliment Mag, really appreciate that. Stoked that the pants worked well for ya. Always gratifying to help other mags have a better ski day/season...

- I'm a little confused about timing tho, your trip was at a different time OR you were there with us and it completely escaped me?
    I thought for sure I had met everyone and spent some time getting to know them.

There are a handful of mags here who burn down the house on their techy pin clamps.
    SFB powers the shit outta them Kusalas and other fattys; Buster makes any turn imagineable on his. When they stay on...
    I was there 3 years ago,on my own.
    But the food in Italy and France is on a whole different level. I hope you get a chance explore the Alps one day.

^^^Thanks, that makes sense now...

A sweet map from the train station of the valley and the towns we frequented:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34 (2).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	410616

And a final shot from the train siding down onto Rueras before I pulled outta town.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35 (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	517.4 KB 
ID:	410617

Honestly, I began to like the hike up to the train. at first I thought it was a grunt but realized it was a short jaunt to wake the body up. I guess it helps that I live at a higher elevation than here...

Considering how close everything is, transitions from donning your boots to loading yer butt onto that first lift is pretty damn simple.

And you get a train ride, which should not be underestimated. It's a very cool train.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    What does an American taste like? Saltines and Coors?
    Kurs, buttermilk, mayonnaise and diesel fuel exhaust.

Don't fucking tread on me!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    I was there 3 years ago,on my own.
    But the food in Italy and France is on a whole different level. I hope you get a chance explore the Alps one day.
    It is really good but I missed the Mexican food of the south western United States.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

EUROBBI is on my bucket list for sure. Hope I can get my life and shit together in time for 2023.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It is really good but I missed the Mexican food of the south western United States.
    Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seriously?
    Right?! The food over there is amazing!