Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Anyone else want to do a guided day?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I highly advise boots with a walk mode as you will walk ALOT in boots. The one thing I really wished I brought was a pair of water proof hiking shoes, not boots. Something light weight to stuff in my pack for the train back and to just get out of boots for some of the long walks on asphalt at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I highly advise boots with a walk mode as you will walk ALOT in boots. The one thing I really wished I brought was a pair of water proof hiking shoes, not boots. Something light weight to stuff in my pack for the train back and to just get out of boots for some of the long walks on asphalt at the end of the day.
    This is what I do. There's a variety of merrills that are slip ons, tight enough to keep out snow, waterproof up to the cuff and decent traction.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Yes
    All 3 in your party?

Good tip.

All 3 in your party?
    Yes.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Looks like that link may change tomorrow
    https://www.traveldoc.aero/

The good thing is that link always stays up to the minute with the latest info. Put in your dates, destinations, and passport details and it generates all the Covid info you need.

FYI, France is also lifting testing requirements (or I think we did yesterday actually). You must be vaccinated though or not allowed for tourism at all.
    Last edited by carvehard; 02-16-2022 at 03:26 PM.

This. I was in boots of more the race fit inclination and did not bring shoes that were easy to pack/carry. There was a lot of walking on downhill cobblestone streets and steep roads where my toenails were squarely in the front of my boots... By the end of the trip I was damn hobbling everywhere.

TLR - You don't need race fit for Europe and bring comfy shoes for the train.

Good advice from everyone about comfortable walk mode boots.

If only I could find such a thing! I have awkward foot issues and am basically always trying to find something that holds my foot decently without killing me.

These guys are on the way back to Rueras (mountainlodge_sedrun) and have a big on slope sound system at Dieni: https://www.instagram.com/schliusa/, https://schliusa.ch/
    just sent them a message to see if I can get in an apres dj set.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    just sent them a message to see if I can get in an apres dj set.
    Of all the reasons I wish I could go...Z-bo in his element...top of the list.

..so... much... ski boot walking. which I F'ing love about euro trips but if you have worn boot soles it can be treacherous
    My full tilts have a switch out rubber sole which we did and being a 3 buckle I can loosen a bunch made the boot walks tolerable if you have that type of set-up .
    but if you have TAFKALS -style race boots -agree with Buster etc- bring extra shoes!
    skid luxury

Shit, a DJ set with Zdash rolling in with Carvehard and others, oh my! The fomo is real and deep right now.

Stoked is an understatement.

So, uh. Can I come? Flying into Geneva on the 5th. I may secure my own lodging but it would be neat to make turns with you all

je ne parle ni suisse ni français. je pourrais être baisé

Mai wee. Eel knee fault parkour less frankfurter par see queue less mtnlodge_sedrun east dans less domain duh less consonant garglers. Email mtnlodge_sedrun pour la chamber.

info@mt-lodge.com
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 02-17-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Shit, a DJ set with Zdash rolling in with Carvehard and others, oh my! The fomo is real and deep right now.
    HAHA. This sounds epic. Hope Zdash gets to spin.
    We'll miss you this year.

My contribution to any playlist... Phreaky MoFo's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyPxs0zJKM
    Mike Dunn presents Mr. 69 - Phreaky MF (Mike Dunn's 'Original Phreak' Mixx)

I sent an email to Vendul regarding rental/demo skis and he says yes they have them locally and that he'll look into pricing and what models they offer.

A response from the shop over in andermatt that Buster suggested, Imholz sport, gave me this info:
    They offer Volkl and Head freeride skis.

Katana@108, Mantra@96, and Blaze@106 with full lengths;
    and Head Kores in the 105 and 111mm widths, full lengths.

$42chf per day for skis and poles.

I am leaning towards just doing this instead of schlepping a ski bag. More than likely, I'll just rent from Vendul's local business associates and keep the money there in his town.

We're up to 8 for a guided day either 3/12 or 3/13 (N. Am date convention).

Anyone else?

In.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I sent an email to Vendul regarding rental/demo skis and he says yes they have them locally and that he'll look into pricing and what models they offer.

A response from the shop over in andermatt that Buster suggested, Imholz sport, gave me this info:
    They offer Volkl and Head freeride skis.

Katana@108, Mantra@96, and Blaze@106 with full lengths;
    and Head Kores in the 105 and 111mm widths, full lengths.

$42chf per day for skis and poles.

I am leaning towards just doing this instead of schlepping a ski bag. More than likely, I'll just rent from Vendul's local business associates and keep the money there in his town.
    I've been following this thread for a while because it sounds amazing, even though the chances I could go were close to zero.

But if I did go I'd bring the blaze 106 with a burly touring binding (maybe Duke PT?), or Lindahls DIY alpine downhill with tech toe uphill conversion.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

DIY Alpine Downhill + Tech Toe uphill touring binding

I love the katana too but if you're going to walk the blaze is close in performance and a bunch lighter.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

We're up to 8 for a guided day either 3/12 or 3/13 (N. Am date convention).

Anyone else?
    I’m coming with a buddy and I’m guessing we’d be in. He’s at a yurt this week but I’ll chat with him when he’s back.

Anyone else?
    Yes for guided!

So, in the middle of this crazy ( in a good sense ) season I've found the time to bargain with the local ski store.
    They have 20 some full sets of touring skis 100+ under foot.
    We've come up with a Maggot deal: 5 days of renting 190 chf for the full set.

I know that most of you have already made plans, but for the ones who haven't already figured everything out, here is a tip on how to roll out a good snow schedule:
    - Come as early as possible in the Berner Oberland region, Airolo, Flims Laax. These resorts get good amount of snow, but due to their altitude or exposition they give their best in mid winter
    - Second stop, Andermatt Sedrun, Davos Kloster, Vorarlberg. These resorts get probably the most snow among the big resorts in the central Alps, but they are mid altitude and have different expositions. Best time to come is until mid march
    - keep Engadine as your last stop, due to the dryness of the climate and altitude they keep on picking up a snow base throughout the season and often offer their best days at the end of march.