Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Alpinist

There's a runout episode with an interview with the director that's pretty interesting.
    https://runoutpodcast.com/index.php/...-the-alpinist/

Marc André Leclerc was one of the most reticent and enigmatic figures in climbing—a guy who few knew much about other than what what we learned from the second-hand reports emanating out of the alpine and describing his latest solo. Even the perpetually nonplussed Alex Honnold shuddered in fear and awe upon hearing some of what Leclerc had managed to climb. On today’s podcast, we are joined by the director and filmmaker Peter Mortimer, whose new film is The Alpinist, which tells the definitive and long-awaited story of Marc André Leclerc. Peter reveals some of the behind-the-scenes details about making this film, the honor of getting to know one of the most beguiling and talented figures of our sport in recent years, and ultimately, the pain of losing him to an avalanche right as the film was supposed to be wrapped.
    Saw it for a second time recently and I'm really glad I watched it in a theater first.

Gonna checkout the Runout podcast episode - thanks, Abraham.

Such a great and heavy movie. Watched it in theaters and want to watch it again at home. Incredible person that inspires me. Not in the way of doing super risky things, but just having a different approach to life. I liked it more than Free Solo and possibly more than Dawn Wall, I just need to rewatch the Alpinist again. And also still need to watch "14 Summits."

He was a likeable character and an unreal alpinist. Some of the footage had my stomach in knots. Using ice tools bare handed (like Alex mentioned) is quite amazing itself, let alone the climb in which he was doing it on. Mad skills.
    Movie was well done.

Wow! "This is an astonishing film. You start out questioning Mark-André's choices in life; by the end you are questioning your own."

Please be more concise, not so verbose.

Finally saw it. Very impressive in many ways. The film just received a Critics Choice Award for Best Sports Documentary.