I can't do an Irish Jig: Moved

I almost fell (skidded out in a corner and almost went out-of-control off-trail sideways ) on my bike 2 weeks ago, and in the process I slapped my knee hard, twice, on my frame causing a bone bruise on the inside of my knee. The up/down of biking hurt a bit but after a couple days and some ibu it was non-existant except when I woke up and could barely walk until the drugs kicked in. That first night though I noticed turning over in bed, AKA making my lower leg move left/right instead of up/down on a bike, AKA twisting my ligaments really hurt. I'm thinking the up/down pain is from the bone bruise, which is almost gone away and was not an issue biking 7 days in a row after the injury. The left-right lower leg movement I'm thinking may be serious know as it's still prevalent, although much less painful. Its a sharp pain, and if I did an Irish Jig I'd guess I'd collapse.

Before I go to the doc, what does this sound like to you? I have no sharp pains biking, I can walk fine on stairs etc, but just turning over in bed hurts at the knee. 2 weeks from the injury today. The hurt knee was on the leg that come off my bike to stop, so it may have gotten twisted and I didn't realize it due to the overwhelming smack of the knee on the frame.

I did the same thing riding up in Empire Canyon in PC many years ago. Finally went in and they assessed my ligaments through ROM tests and pronounced them intact. Took a long time (3-4 months) for the knee to seem normal, out of the pair it is the one that now is most suspect as pre-arthritic. This would have been in about 88/89.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Was the trail Black Forest in existence in 88/89?