Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    my kid bought a near new f-150 with 3.5 eco boost the ford dealer found porosity in the casting and he got a new engine block fo free
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Yeah I saw that. Mine is a 16 but the more I read the more my stomach gets tied up. It’s looking like a head issue not a gasket thing just as people have suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They are "now"...

Maybe.

Allegedly.

I learnt something new after having mine replaced at 130,000. Subarus "coolant conditioner" is nothing more than Holts organic stop leak

After 10ish years of composite BS gaskets they finally went to all metal

But a head gasket failure at 50k feels like a neglect or overheat issue. NM, just read the link

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Sounds like they may have not worked all the bugs out by 2016. Chrysler probably wouldn't want any publicity if that was the case I reckon. Worth pursuing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Hahahaha!
    I wish it was a joke cause I,.like many, always heard no way. This was way way before the daily robocalls. I've seen it work. It helps that a lot of mechanics work with the company.

Some warranties even work when you move. BobMc did some work on my truck before I moved and the control arms failed. My local shop worked with the company bob used and covered it all.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Buy a used 5.2 Jeep V8 with </> 150K for $1500 and pay $1500 for the install. Save $2K.

Warranty companies vary widely, some are pretty decent but most just try to figure out ways to not honor claims. I always tell people you’re better off putting the money you’d spend on the warranty contract in the bank and fixing your car out of that.

The situation Skidog talks about isn’t an aftermarket warranty contract but a warranty I provide to my customers through one of my parts suppliers. We warranty all our work and use a service that makes that nationwide. (Glad that worked out well for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It doesn't matter what dealer you go to--it's Dodge's call if a repair is covered by warranty. If the dealer were to be a nice guy and do it for free they'd be eating the cost themselves. No harm in contacting Dodge.

On the subject of extended warranties my son had one on his Audi that paid for itself many times over. So he's hooked. Now my DIL's Outback with 90K had a wheel bearing go bad. Covered by the extended warranty except towing it to Reno will cost more than the repair--we checked. Quality Auto says not to drive it there; I trust them. Maybe I can convince Subaru to pay her what they would have had to pay the dealer.
    IF it's a true manufacturers warranty they usually have a cause for repair away from factory repair places. Might be worth a call.

You're talking about manufacturer extended warranty, because no 3rd party extended warranty ever paid for itself ever.
    Some of the 3rd party warranty companies are legit. A few years ago I bought a used AMG, it came with coverage that ran to 12yr/100k miles bumper to bumper. They replaced anything and everything that needed replacing with no pushback on the Indy shop I was using. Their contract didn't exclude wear items - things like control arms, bushings, etc were all covered and replaced. They replaced a bunch of air ride components too. They probably paid out nearly half of what I spent on the car to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Some of the 3rd party warranty companies are legit. A few years ago I bought a used AMG, it came with coverage that ran to 12yr/100k miles bumper to bumper. They replaced anything and everything that needed replacing with no pushback on the Indy shop I was using. Their contract didn't exclude wear items - things like control arms, bushings, etc were all covered and replaced. They replaced a bunch of air ride components too. They probably paid out nearly half of what I spent on the car to begin with.
    This is my sister's experience. I will get the company name.

Sorry for the confusion, turns out the warranty wasn't 3rd party, but something dodge offered call "max care". Once again I misunderstood

98% that Pinned was similarly mistaken
    1% warranty extension cost $28,000
    1% he's entirely full of shit

yeah apparently my sister got lucky with timing. Dodge had some "MAX CARE" warranty, ran for about 2 years until they realized it was a losing game....got rid of that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yeah apparently my sister got lucky with timing. Dodge had some "MAX CARE" warranty, ran for about 2 years until they realized it was a losing game....got rid of that one...
    My sister bought some generic blob of a Chrysler vehicle under this program and HOOOO boy did she clean house on that one.

I have no doubt the warranty is not going to cover it, but the 3.6 is by most reports a decently reliable motor.

My Wrangler has it and it and at 100k miles its still rock solid. They do run warm though by design to lower emissions, which leaves very little room for error if say the electric fan backup fails.
    Live Free or Die

None of the above.

Was a 3rd party warranty purchased by the 2nd owner of the car and transferred to me. I'd guess he spent $6-7k for that coverage in 2014. Last I checked, in 2018, similar coverage for a similar used car was around $9,000 which means I'm probably not buying any more used AMGs.

Yeah...you still haven't managed to recall the name of the company that transferred this magical extended warranty.

99% you're entirely full of shit

Yeah...you still haven't managed to recall the name of the company that transferred this magical extended warranty.

99% you're entirely full of shit
    Making up extended warranty service stories that don't benefit me or help the guy with a blown head gasket is 100% my favorite pastime. Anyways, this was CarChex through Assurant Solutions - according to the protection agreement I just dug out. Was wrong about the mileage - it was good till 87,390 miles and I sold the car before that so...guess I was mistaken there.

At any rate, it was an exclusionary coverage policy with a $200 deductible and they never gave the shop any issues paying.

FWIW the CarMax warranty is even better and you can get it on any used car from them.

None of this helps OP so, sorry. Hope RAM gives you a break on the headgasket or heads.

Making up extended warranty service stories that don't benefit me or help the guy with a blown head gasket is 100% my favorite pastime. Anyways, this was CarChex through Assurant Solutions - according to the protection agreement I just dug out. Was wrong about the mileage - it was good till 87,390 miles and I sold the car before that so...guess I was mistaken there.

At any rate, it was an exclusionary coverage policy with a $200 deductible and they never gave the shop any issues paying.

FWIW the CarMax warranty is even better and you can get it on any used car from them.

None of this helps OP so, sorry. Hope RAM gives you a break on the headgasket or heads.

So you bought an AMG out of the 50k factory warranty, and it had a 37,390mi extended warranty from a company that doesn't write extended warranties on AMGs [check it out], and they paid whatever your indy Mercedes shop billed, which amounted to ~ $15,000 worth of wear parts? [Assumes you spent $30,000 on a used bottom-of-the-line $60,000 AMG fresh out of warranty, which is quite the depreciation [-$0.40/mi].

100% full of shit

Add the shoutout for another 3rd party warranty company with no supporting info, and you sound exactly like a fucking used car salesman who's story just don't add up.

So you bought an AMG out of the 50k factory warranty, and it had a 37,390mi extended warranty from a company that doesn't write extended warranties on AMGs [check it out], and they paid whatever your indy Mercedes shop billed, which amounted to ~ $15,000 worth of wear parts? [Assumes you spent $30,000 on a used bottom-of-the-line $60,000 AMG fresh out of warranty, which is quite the depreciation [-$0.40/mi].

100% full of shit

Add the shoutout for another 3rd party warranty company with no supporting info, and you sound exactly like a fucking used car salesman who's story just don't add up.
    You're making a lot of assumptions, but none of them are correct. This car cost me ~$21k or so and had a new sticker price in the mid-$80k range. The warranty came with a car I intended to purchase either way, so it was a nice bonus to me but not something I dwelled on the details of. I was shocked they covered anything, but they did. I'm not surprised they don't cover these cars anymore based on my experience, but attached is a scan of the paperwork so you can rest easy seeing that they didn't have their algorithms dialed in back in 2015.

I was wrong about 3 things - length of coverage, mileage, what it cost. It was good till the car was over 11 years old, not 12. It was good till 87,390mi, not 100k. It cost the original purchaser $4,211 (much less than I thought). Personal info blocked, but feel free to check the VIN - it's an E63. EDIT: I just attached that to save you the heavy lifting.

I can't sell you or justcuz a warranty on a car, but if you want a new bicycle the brand I work for does offer a lifetime warranty on those.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carchex.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	381517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMG vin.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	381518  

So the previous owner spent $4,211.00 on a 30k mile warranty extension, that not only transferred but paid out ~$10k in nominal repairs over less than 30k miles on a E63 AMG that had depreciated over $60,000 [75% in value] in less than 60k miles?

hahahaha

So the previous owner spent $4,211.00 on a 30k mile warranty extension, that not only transferred but paid out ~$10k in nominal repairs over less than 30k miles on a E63 AMG that had depreciated over $60,000 [75% in value] in less than 60k miles?

hahahaha
    Now you are getting it. Sometimes us mere plebeians receive a break.

I wouldn't buy one of these again - I'd have spent a lot of time under the car doing the work myself if they'd denied coverage. I'm apparently lucky that the headstuds didn't fail, transmission didn't go out, and the pano sunroof didn't explode. Also, turns out it is kind of a boring car despite being very fast.

Andrew?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Also, turns out it is kind of a boring car despite being very fast.
    Have you considered spicing things up with an AMG shift knob?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Third party warranties that work have existed. I bought a VW Passat as a commuter work car to do a monthly drive back and forth to UT and keep miles off my pickup. I spent $2,300 on a warranty. No, I don't have the name of the company as it was over 10 years ago. I think they wrote checks for about $8,000ish in repairs while I had the car. I owned the car for nine months and it was in the shop five of those nine. On the last trip to the shop, I traded it for what I paid for it including the warranty because the dealer that was doing all the work hooked me up a little because of how long it was in their shop. I think I walked away from the fiasco about $1,000 in the hole and I did pick up a little Toyota commuter that by buddies daughter is still driving around 200k+ on it.

I don't know if I would buy one again but it certainly saved me on that car. You can say I'm full of it because I don't have the name of the company but it worked out for me.