Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I tried to find some Hamm’s today because of this thread. No luck, the distributer has been unable to get it for two months. Bummed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’ve been pushing the Hamms superiority for years. I’ve yet to have found someone who doesn’t agree after a blind taste test of domestic canned beer. Pub Beer is pretty good too, slightly sweeter. I feel like the 10 barrel people tried to make it a mix of Rainier and Hamms. Adding the sweetness (rainier aspect) makes it significantly worse than Hamms.
    You, sir, are a connoisseur of swill. I'll have to do tasting notes between the two sometime. You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I tried to find some Hamm’s today because of this thread. No luck, the distributer has been unable to get it for two months. Bummed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Due to a global aluminum shortage. Hamms isn’t currently being produced. Or that’s what I was told.said shortage led me to drinking way too many high octane IPAs on a recent Oregon trip. Swill beer is great when consuming too many beers.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Due to a global aluminum shortage. Hamms isn’t currently being produced.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I totally believe. I’m a major supplier to the Aluminium industry.
    I have a 5am zoom call where some Dutch Global Procurement asshole that thinks he’s going to rip me a new one. He’s in for a wake up call.

Packaging cost almost a nickel. More than the contents. Who do you think’s getting the cans.

there’s cases of hamm’s in the Midwest and it’s still dirt cheap - $14/30 and it’s been uninterrupted since the shitdemic began.

There might be distribution issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

There might be distribution issues.
    Easily.
    But the can market is usually slowing down a little bit about now and then picks up in January.
    The automotive market is going nuts and is much higher margin. Cars life cycle is much longer.
    10-20 years vs months.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    I blame today's soft rap for the death of OE. Fucking soft rappers boasting about Cristal and shit nobody can afford. Dudes can't keep it real anymore. OE was the 40 of choice for friday frisbee golf in the park in college, unless there were enough of us to get a case of Lucky Lager.

In case you forgot, here's that bitch Eazy-E rapping about OE800. Ice Cube wrote it, Dre laid the beat. They knew what was up.
    I think cristal was in vogue for late 90s-early 00s rappers. Now they all drink lean aka promethazine/codeine cough syrup and sprite.

Just saying

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I think cristal was in vogue for late 90s-early 00s rappers. Now they all drink lean aka promethazine/codeine cough syrup and sprite.

Just saying
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0b1d414...#PJZjP-ve.copy

pour a little of whatcha got out for Shock G

Don't forget the Patron era.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Don't forget the Patron era.
    Didn't it go 40's--Cristal--Patron--Henny--???

Is Henny still in?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I have a 5am zoom call where some Dutch Global Procurement asshole that thinks he’s going to rip me a new one. He’s in for a wake up call.

Packaging cost almost a nickel. More than the contents. Who do you think’s getting the cans.
    besides the obvious that Trump was and still is an idiot, was there any strategy around the 10% tariffs America put on Aluminium from up narth in syrup land ?

I would think anybody with almost a nickel would be getting those cans ?

I thot America didnt have much of an Aluminium industry ?

of course there is more to life than beer cans, I wonder how many beer cans go into an F-150 ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post

Just saying

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Is that still this?

This thread sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole last night thinking about all the midwest cheap beers that I used to see at family gatherings and saw a resurgence in interest when the hipsters took over. Schlitz, Blatz, Christian Morelein, Strohs...

Turns out there all pretty much owned by Pabst now, which seems comforting. I could go for an ice cold bottle of Schlitz on a hot summer day. Or any day really.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I wonder how many beer cans go into an F-150 ?
    At least 7 cases.

obviously there is more to life than F-150's

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is that still this?

This thread sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole last night thinking about all the midwest cheap beers that I used to see at family gatherings and saw a resurgence in interest when the hipsters took over. Schlitz, Blatz, Christian Morelein, Strohs...

Turns out there all pretty much owned by Pabst now, which seems comforting. I could go for an ice cold bottle of Schlitz on a hot summer day. Or any day really.
    This thread inspired this purchase at the grocery store last night. Turns out there's a slight difference between the two. I would have been thirstier if I'd done yard work or if it had been hotter, and sampling two cans at the same time made it hard to finish either one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210803_205246.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	381462

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    This thread inspired this purchase at the grocery store last night. Turns out there's a slight difference between the two. I would have been thirstier if I'd done yard work or if it had been hotter, and sampling two cans at the same time made it hard to finish either one.

Name:	IMG_20210803_205246.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	381462
    Can we get a full TR over in the Upstate thread?

Turns out there all pretty much owned by Pabst now, which seems comforting.
    Why is that comforting? Isn't Pabst owned by some private equity and brews their beer in Texas or LA or something? All these shitty beers are not the same beer as what you all remember. They are all owned by massive conglomerates and brewed in places with shitty water and no brewing history. It's all just marketing to get nostalgic suckers to continue to buy their shitty swill. Support local breweries rather than buy this marketing crap.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Why is that comforting? Isn't Pabst owned by some private equity and brews their beer in Texas or LA or something? All these shitty beers are not the same beer as what you all remember. They are all owned by massive conglomerates and brewed in places with shitty water and no brewing history. It's all just marketing to get nostalgic suckers to continue to buy their shitty swill. Support local breweries rather than buy this marketing crap.
    All the shitty midwest beers under the same roof. It's like a family reunion, that's the comforting bit.

I know I'm in the minority here at the TGRs, and I love supporting local breweries, but ~90% of what craft brewers make tastes like garbage to me. I'll take a shitty beer just about every time over the local goat's milk sour quad IPA radler.

currently under the 4th generation of Matts family leadership…..

Name:	8F83BD59-8547-4692-A6DA-B1E1BD80DCC5.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	381463

I will probably drink anything you hand me BUT a molsons

but I only buy beer made in a craft brew 4 block from here

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I will probably drink anything you hand me BUT a molsons

but I only buy beer made in a craft brew 4 block from here
    Is that brewery Kokanee?

I know I'm in the minority here at the TGRs, and I love supporting local breweries, but ~90% of what craft brewers make tastes like garbage to me. I'll take a shitty beer just about every time over the local goat's milk sour quad IPA radler.
    Here in the PNW Beer nirvana there is a movement towards more drinkable lager style craft brews. And they are typically cheaper than the goat's milk sour quad IPA radler.

Is that brewery Kokanee?
    Kokanee is down south east in the kootneys, there always used to be a big Kokanee sticker on the road sign just this side of the blueberry paulson bridge so you knew you ere getting close

Up narth west here the Smithers brewery and the Bulkley brewery are 4 blks and 1.5 blks respectively, location location

I usually buy the Smithers ISA or the Hipster fuel in cans but mostly I go in person

AKA the Beermuda triangle, so people ask wheres the 3rd point on the triangle ... my house

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Hahaha, I read this as "I drink a ton of beer". Had to re-read your comment several times before I figured out you're a major supplier to the aluminum industry.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Here in the PNW Beer nirvana there is a movement towards more drinkable lager style craft brews. And they are typically cheaper than the goat's milk sour quad IPA radler.

Nice to see the PNW catching up to the Midwest in that aspect. Drinkable craft Lagers are great (I understand that it may be cost prohibitive to microbreweries to do lagers though, but I'm not a brewer so who knows if that's true).

Since 1988: