Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    So, the brewers all take turns pissing in it.
    Got it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just checked in here to see the status of Hamms. Never even seen Hamms special light so could care less about that. But regular old Hamms is by far my favorite domestic canned beer. Anyone who disagrees clearly has had their taste buds ruined by the rona.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

A half rack of PR is a staple at Oregon high school parties.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    we always had a 12er of Leinenkugel in reserve. What the hell happened to that?
    Lienenkugals is still around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Dang, I memba when Weinhards was considered kinda like craft beer. Kinda.

And RIP the days of the Magnum party pack - Magnum 40oz and a box of Magnums "just in case" ya get lucky

Just in case the lucky fella didn’t bring his own?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just checked in here to see the status of Hamms. Never even seen Hamms special light so could care less about that. But regular old Hamms is by far my favorite domestic canned beer. Anyone who disagrees clearly has had their taste buds ruined by the rona.

I recently learned Hamms is better than PBR, I was surprised. The 10 Barrel 'Pub Beer' lager tastes better though and my new go-to for cheap swill. Hamms is #2.

Weinhards was great for the time. So was Fat Tire though which I now realize sucks.

I’ve been pushing the Hamms superiority for years. I’ve yet to have found someone who doesn’t agree after a blind taste test of domestic canned beer. Pub Beer is pretty good too, slightly sweeter. I feel like the 10 barrel people tried to make it a mix of Rainier and Hamms. Adding the sweetness (rainier aspect) makes it significantly worse than Hamms.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1627964753.144598.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	979.4 KB 
ID:	381350

By "people at 10 Barrell" you mean Budweiser?

For a beer from St Paul with no connection to the PNW, Hamms sure does like to claim our mountains.
    Name:  Screenshot (79).png
Views: 304
Size:  986.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot (80).png
Views: 293
Size:  370.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    By "people at 10 Barrell" you mean Budweiser?
    For a beer from St Paul with no connection to the PNW, Hamms sure does like to claim our mountains.
    Name:  Screenshot (79).png
Views: 304
Size:  986.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot (80).png
Views: 293
Size:  370.7 KB
    Before it was sold it was brewed in Tumwater.

altasnob should change his name to PNWsnob. And he’s just another high end pretentious know it all lawyer import to the PNW to boot. Drink Hamm’s or die!

I blame today's soft rap for the death of OE. Fucking soft rappers boasting about Cristal and shit nobody can afford. Dudes can't keep it real anymore. OE was the 40 of choice for friday frisbee golf in the park in college, unless there were enough of us to get a case of Lucky Lager.

In case you forgot, here's that bitch Eazy-E rapping about OE800. Ice Cube wrote it, Dre laid the beat. They knew what was up.

Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

altasnob should change his name to PNWsnob. And he’s just another high end pretentious know it all lawyer import to the PNW to boot. Drink Hamm’s or die!

I thought Hamm's was popular in salt lake because of some weird deal with the liquor laws. I vaguely remember being told the cans were full strength at Bourbon house. But maybe that was Hamm's vs draft PBR at the same price? Not sure, lots of things were vague in that forsaken bar.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Before it was sold it was brewed in Tumwater.
    that was post acquisition. While independent it was San Francisco, la, St. Paul. Before there was a “Pacific Northwest” St. Paul was part of the northwest territory and then colloquially that great empty space was the northwest, hence another St. Paul brewery Schmidt was later “the beer that grew with the great northwest”

unmentioned in brewery musical chairs is the quality of the input water which surely varies

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    that was post acquisition. While independent it was San Francisco, la, St. Paul. Before there was a “Pacific Northwest” St. Paul was part of the northwest territory and then colloquially that great empty space was the northwest, hence another St. Paul brewery Schmidt was later “the beer that grew with the great northwest”
    I always confused Christian Schmidt's (PA) beer and Jacob Schmidt's (MN) beer.

Henry Weinhards was one of the first brewers to promote food pairing

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I thought Hamm's was popular in salt lake because of some weird deal with the liquor laws. I vaguely remember being told the cans were full strength at Bourbon house. But maybe that was Hamm's vs draft PBR at the same price? Not sure, lots of things were vague in that forsaken bar.
    Up until Utah started to allow 5% beer, 2 years ago. It was totally impossible to buy Hamm’s in Utah. At least during the 20 years I’ve lived here. I was importing it for years. Now it’s the cheapest beer at the local Smiths. Being cheap they almost never have it in stock.

Up until Utah started to allow 5% beer, 2 years ago. It was totally impossible to buy Hamm’s in Utah. At least during the 20 years I’ve lived here. I was importing it for years. Now it’s the cheapest beer at the local Smiths. Being cheap they almost never have it in stock.

I am almost certain I drank it in the 2011-14 range. It was the first time I'd had it and it was close enough to lemon boy's time here that I had the association with him when I tried it.

I know Hamm's was available in the 80s in Utah as it was one of the first beers I remember drinking at a buddies house when his folks were gone in high school. It stuck out as Strohs ( 15 pack!) Keystone light ( $429 for a 12 pack ) and Beast were common go tos.

Also it would randomly show up in Smiths in the early 2000s when I lived there again.
    It was like Hamms had a 3.2% run now and then, but thats when CO beer was 3.2 in Grocery stores to so there was more demand I guess?

OK, MN, KS were all 3.2% states besides just UT and CO. Now, I think only MN is left?

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/1...o-utah-kansas/
    Last edited by altasnob; 08-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    we used to build our hs homecoming floats in the local strohs/miller etc brewing distributers warehouse
    just bring ice
    and yup quite a few bigmouths mickeys disappeared in the process
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I am almost certain I drank it in the 2011-14 range. It was the first time I'd had it and it was close enough to lemon boy's time here that I had the association with him when I tried it.
    I remember occasionally seeing it in groceries stores when I first moved to Utah, 2014-2016ish range.

Hamm’s Special Light - 3.8%ABV - is probably the <3.2% ABW Hamm’s offering under a different name. 3.2 might matter in small town mn, but not where there’s people

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    I blame today's soft rap for the death of OE. Fucking soft rappers boasting about Cristal and shit nobody can afford. Dudes can't keep it real anymore. OE was the 40 of choice for friday frisbee golf in the park in college, unless there were enough of us to get a case of Lucky Lager.

In case you forgot, here's that bitch Eazy-E rapping about OE800. Ice Cube wrote it, Dre laid the beat. They knew what was up.

pretty sure it's just something called Old English High Gravity that they are discontinuing. I google imaged it and it's nothing I recognize. Looks like you will still be able to get your regular OE800

brand I have been missing lately is the regular white label Colt 45. seems to have disappeared completely from the PNW a few years back

Oh, good catch. The HG variant was terrible and I haven't seen it for years. That makes me feel a lot better.

Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp