Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

God damn PNW superstar Donnelly on TV

Wow I parasocially know this guy. He Fkn rips

https://youtu.be/d9VlCKg4BBY

He’s posted on tgr and I think he ski at alpental

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

basically how I picture every 4th TGR poster

Golly... he was around for BBI16? Or was it later the same ski season when he happened @ Alpental

He had no trouble telling everyone within earshot of his err... issue

There's a few pages of the padded seats thread dedicated to this guy's efforts - or lack there of

whaddaya think? 10k+ to appear on the intertubz and expose yourself?

chiching i guess
    ​I am not in your hurry

get it on your face, like war paint

Ha! Donnely is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3V...t=da&flow=grid

Name:  MrG.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  259.8 KB
    ​I am not in your hurry

Is it just a fuzzy photographed, or is that truly a fabulous mane of back fur flapping in the wind in that there picture there?

Wait, DD is out of prison/rehab?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’m speechless

Um. Lot to unpack here

“You’re throwing fastballs at a catcher that has no mitt”
    “HE’S FINE!!”

I died laughing. That whole setup is priceless.

Dude has a burly first descent on Rainier.

Name:  20210807_093456.jpeg
Views: 494
Size:  91.5 KB

http://www.alpenglow.org/nwmj/05/051_Shorts2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Donnelly Miller

On June 22, 2004, I decided to climb and ski Mount Rainier from the summit again in one day, after having climbed the mountain two days prior. I had good weather, previous route experience, and motivation to want to ski something new... Who needs sleep?

Instead of skiing the Emmons Glacier this time, I decided to add some spice by skiing off the ridge next to the Russell Cliff, which feeds into the Winthrop Glacier. Snow at 45-50 degrees with serious exposure presented me with a no fall zone for around 800 vertical feet. A fall in the wrong spot could result in rag-dolling over 1,000 feet. To ski fluidly is not an easy thing after climbing 10,000 vertical feet on no sleep. The snow on the descent was three to five inches of corn-like snow, though it had a loose feel to it and would slide each time I made a turn. The crux of the line was a mandatory straight-line run, stopping in time to avoid falling into a crevasse. Once I finished skiing the steeps, I decided to ski the Winthrop Glacier. From 13,000 to around 11,500 feet, the surface was a combination of corn and wind-drifted snow, fairly smooth and made for good fast turns. Lower down, the snow turned to a foot of slop. Add the fact that crevasses were opening up and it made me a bit nervous. If anyone decides to ski this run, I recommend skiing it before 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. to avoid falling into a hidden crevasse.

wait.. ^^ is that really this guy, and he's a mag??

This is amazing and needs much more discussion

That's the one I've heard about. Additional details: he worked overnight between the two ascents. He didn't have at gear and bootpacked it in alpine boots.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's the one I've heard about. Additional details: he worked overnight between the two ascents. He didn't have at gear and bootpacked it in alpine boots.
    and ate nothing on the climb but canned peaches or something

So that’s it?

This is potentially the most scintillating thread on here in years.

Come on pnw crew….make with the stories!

I"ve never met him but Donnelly is a legend at Stevens Pass. He's got his own youtube channel and hits 75mph in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBjPilVz6wU

fuck man, sounds like this dude isn't having a great time. i don't know what to make of all this.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    I"ve never met him but Donnelly is a legend at Stevens Pass. He's got his own youtube channel and hits 75mph in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBjPilVz6wU
    subscribed!

honestly, if the maggot community would just ghost watch his channel for a while, it would really boost his views and get him some passive income. think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So that’s it?

This is potentially the most scintillating thread on here in years.

Come on pnw crew….make with the stories!
    I've known him since he was ~14 and was a small skinny kid. I was also in my teens and had a crew that liked to ski around and jump off shit, he would follow us around at a distance and launch the into the bomb holes. A few yrs later and because he had bad teeth, someone bestowed the nickname Ratboy on him, and Cheeseboy for his buddy.

He was into roller blading in the nineties and used to blade down the 542 road to Mt Baker. We once had him tow off my bro's subaru bumper on fresh laid asphalt on 907 from Hyak toward Central. We're doing 35, 45, 55mph, and the whole time he's yelling FASTER! FASTER! FASTER! and there is spittle flying out his mouth. He let go as we hit 70mph in front of Central and rode it out.

He got banned from the area late 90's for skiing a line through the cliffs in a permanent closure while the area was closed, drifted away and somehow ended up in Florida and on Tosh.o.

I think he's a good dude who has had a hard time figuring out his place in the world.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

He was into roller blading in the nineties and used to blade down the 542 road to Mt Baker. We once had him tow off my bro's subaru bumper on fresh laid asphalt on 907 from Hyak toward Central. We're doing 35, 45, 55mph, and the whole time he's yelling FASTER! FASTER! FASTER! and there is spittle flying out his mouth. He let go as we hit 70mph in front of Central and rode it out.
    Holy shit.

Hey didn't we see him at Alpy last year?

He was getting an early chair ride on the quad to make an attempt on the speed record. This was on a frozen morning, full shade still on the base area, and he was in his usual spaghetti strap muscle shirt while I shivered in a puffy-under-shell.

Doesn't your kid hold that record? On like 220 DH boards? Donnelly didn't have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Holy shit.

He was getting an early chair ride on the quad to make an attempt on the speed record. This was on a frozen morning, full shade still on the base area, and he was in his usual spaghetti strap muscle shirt while I shivered in a puffy-under-shell.

Doesn't your kid hold that record? On like 220 DH boards? Donnelly didn't have those.
    Pretty sure he has the dh boards too. No gloves though

Baha! Maybe it was a different day. Surely he's made several attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    subscribed!

honestly, if the maggot community would just ghost watch his channel for a while, it would really boost his views and get him some passive income. think about it.
    I’ve seen him twice at Mission, both times he was having more fun than anyone on the mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Holy shit.

Yeah, saw him a few times in the Spring this year and he was on those head 215 DH's.

My kid is a bit of a speed freak. He's been up as high as 95mph on his DH boards (218cm), but that was in a speed suit and with a back protector.

I'm a bit more scared of him admitting to a moving average of 96mph on his last trip home from Bz, and maxxing out 150+ mph on I90.
    Move upside and let the man go through...