Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Did you try slowtwitch?

Sold my 2007 cervelo r 3 to them. Great experience. Money in my account 2 days after they got the bike. I couldn’t find a buyer locally, here or pink bike.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Sold my 2007 cervelo r 3 to them. Great experience. Money in my account 2 days after they got the bike. I couldn’t find a buyer locally, here or pink bike.
    What kind of shape was the bike in? My old steed has got some Rode Hard, Put Up Wet going on.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Bump. Am considering selling a bike to them. Couple Q's for those who have sold a bike to PC:

1) Do they ship you a bike box? How long do you have to package and ship to PC?
    2) Any issues with them re-valuing the bike after they receive it? I think I've described the bike accurately and given them pictures -- but I would never sell to a buyer who retained the ability to pay a lower amount upon delivery.

I'm going to be out of town for a week or so, wondering if that'll mess up the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Whats the bike, Chup?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Whats the bike, Chup?
    https://reno.craigslist.org/bik/d/re...366053040.html
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'm going to go with selling to TPC. Called and asked a few questions about the process - if they find something serious (cracked frame), they'll ship it back, no charge either way. If serious enough to affect pricing, they can submit a different offer, and if seller rejects, they will ship back, no charge. If minor items, they just absorb it (small parts they can easily replace themselves).

They don't provide bike boxes, FYI.

So I sold my bike to them in May. Today, I saw it on the website.
    They paid me $3900, they say they replaced pads and rotors and bb bearings.
    And it's listed for $5800.
    I would've been quite happy with $4500, but obviously was willing to take a no hassle $600 less.
    I'm a little surprised at the price, but it's their bike now and they probably know the business of used bikes and close outs better than I do.
    No complaints, no comment, just an observation.

jummo

I had to find a box which was a pita, bc there’s a bike box shortage- WTF!?

It delayed my shipping, but I emailed them & they were cool. The only thing I found off was that the emails/ communication was superb- then they went radio silent…..

However the $ showed up so what evs

Report: I shipped on Friday, using the Pros Closet supplied Fed Ex label and my own bike box and packing materials. PC emailed this morning to state received. And then sent me a PayPal payment this afternoon, exact amount as quoted.

I'm happy with how it all went. PC payment was about $100 less than my last Craigslist post price, and I wasn't getting much interest locally on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    What kind of shape was the bike in? My old steed has got some Rode Hard, Put Up Wet going on.
    Was in great shape with updated components and wheel set. $1650. Couldn’t get any interest locally

Just sold a bike to TPC after they quoted $150 higher than any offer I was able to get on KSL, FB, and Pinkbike. The only bike box I was able to get for free from my LBS was an oversized e-bike box which I packaged myself. Their Fedex label didn't have specific dimensions and worked on the huge box with no problems. I was a little worried they might ding me a little on the price since there were a few small nics and scratches that weren't super clear in the photos (they only allow you to send them up to 4 photos) but they honored their original quote. I don't know how they manage to sell bikes several years old for close to MSRP but I'm happy to sell them my bikes.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them as well (all on the selling side)... but I'm with Benneke: how the hell do they sell these bikes for close to MSRP? They have a used Druid for sale right now for the same price as a new one. Granted, you can't currently buy a new one, but still.

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...bidden-druid-m

It's a high pivot bro.

I think that buying from Pro's closet gives many of the assurances as buying new from a dealer. They're able to get higher prices due to the professional nature, the mechanics, the inspection, 30 day guarantee, "Certified Pre-owned", etc.

There are two types of consumer in the used market
    1. Those looking for a good deal
    2. Those whom can't find what they want new.

Obviously the Pro's Closet is largely playing to the 2nd experience and this is their heyday. Their prices will need to come down as the market begins to go away, but they gotta ride that wave while it's raging.

Took a look at Pro's Closet inventory to see if they'd listed my bike (the one I sold them for $2875) -- they did, for $4099:
    https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...se-5c-carbon-l

I wonder why they bothered swapping out the Reverb dropper that was on it. The brakes were fine too; wonder if new pads are just a routine thing for them.

$4099 is insane for that bike....

I was excited to sell them my Intense Tracer (Listed here in "Whats my Bike Worth?") and be done with it.
    I sent them a list of specs a few weeks ago and they said yes its a model they will buy. Once I got the photos together and changed out the new parts I wanted to sell it with, their web page said "We have too many bikes to sell, we need to catch up, we will let you know when we are buying bikes again"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I was excited to sell them my Intense Tracer (Listed here in "Whats my Bike Worth?") and be done with it.
    I sent them a list of specs a few weeks ago and they said yes its a model they will buy. Once I got the photos together and changed out the new parts I wanted to sell it with, their web page said "We have too many bikes to sell, we need to catch up, we will let you know when we are buying bikes again"
    I've been talking to one of their guys about potentially selling them a few of our demo bikes, and I was told they currently have over 2500 bikes waiting to be checked into the system. The volume of bikes- not to mention parts and overstock items- they buy/sell on a monthly basis is ridiculous.

I was just heard they are opening up bike purchases again on Oct 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I've been talking to one of their guys about potentially selling them a few of our demo bikes, and I was told they currently have over 2500 bikes waiting to be checked into the system. The volume of bikes- not to mention parts and overstock items- they buy/sell on a monthly basis is ridiculous.
    So... tell us more about these demo bikes that may be available...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I was just heard they are opening up bike purchases again on Oct 15th.
    Nice. I've been waiting...

Everyone who has been waiting to unload their bikes on the pros closet.. please post them here or DM me. I am desperately trying to find a decent lightweight 100-130mm travel 29er in L or XL.. located in SLC and will pay for shipping. Local sellers all think they're sitting on gold right now, but happy to pay a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Everyone who has been waiting to unload their bikes on the pros closet.. please post them here or DM me. I am desperately trying to find a decent lightweight 100-130mm travel 29er in L or XL.. located in SLC and will pay for shipping. Local sellers all think they're sitting on gold right now, but happy to pay a reasonable price.
    I'll have an XL Ranger available in a couple of weeks... X01 build w/ RW30 wheels. Not cheap, but I'm also not looking to price gouge.

Chup- I'm not entirely sure what I'll have available and what's spoken for, but I'll be selling all of our demos during October and into early November. Revel bikes are Ranger, Rascal, and Rail, and then I'll have GG Trail Pistols and Gnarvanas.

^^^ Thanks - am sort of shopping for a replacement for Mrs C. I'll keep an eye out for your posts on any available bikes. She'd be on a medium frame generally, and climbing ability (aka light feeling, easy to pedal) is a much bigger priority than descending.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^^ Thanks - am sort of shopping for a replacement for Mrs C. I'll keep an eye out for your posts on any available bikes. She'd be on a medium frame generally, and climbing ability (aka light feeling, easy to pedal) is a much bigger priority than descending.
    I think the medium Ranger is spoken for... but I'll have a medium Rascal (XT build w/ I-9 Enduro 305 wheels) and medium Trail Pistol available.