Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quiver database idea

First, with no skiing, this is the time of year I get bored and start obsessing about changing up my whole quiver. So with that in mind, I had this TGR quiver database idea. Maybe already discussed at some point and shot down. But thought could be more helpful - or nice complement to - the quiver pic thread.
    So the idea would be a quiver google sheet with info like in the snapshot below. (Probably some other info that could add). Purpose would be...
    1) Easily seeing others' quivers for ideas
    2) See if anyone has something they either want to sell or are open to selling - including seeing if existing bindings and mounts would work (especially if inserts)
    3) Some people offer up skis for demoing, so could also note this here
    4) I guess could note if a half-pair too, since that thread often gets jacked up
    5) Could add a WTB/ISO tab, also easier/quicker to search on
    I think I have the permissions set so that anyone with a google account can open and add/edit with this link (but would need someone to check that)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I don't think there are any privacy issues since no email addresses and only identifier is tgr name which people already post under. But maybe I'm not thinking of something on this front.
    Thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski quiver db.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	381011

I'd be in

Damn! This is SO geeky. Translation: why NOT?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Good idea.

Two things I first noticed..
    1) usually when you edit a google document it's tied to your email so if you could hide that so we don't get spammed that would be awesome.
    2) The shades of green for demo and "F off" are too close.. maybe do a blue for one of those instead?

^^^good point, lemme check on the email tracking question, and yes will switch up the colors

Ok, quick follow up. First, it helps that stealurface added his quiver, so I can see his adds/edits but the version history just shows him as "anonymous user" - not his name, email, etc. It does show my name, but that may be because either 1) I created it or 2) I'm logged in as me obviously, so it reveals me... to me. Would be great if someone else can jump in (its open to anyone with the link) and see if any other names or emails are visible. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Ok, quick follow up. First, it helps that stealurface added his quiver, so I can see his adds/edits but the version history just shows him as "anonymous user" - not his name, email, etc. It does show my name, but that may be because either 1) I created it or 2) I'm logged in as me obviously, so it reveals me... to me. Would be great if someone else can jump in (its open to anyone with the link) and see if any other names or emails are visible. Thx
    yes I can see youre logged in right now, I dont see an email attached so thats good, just a name.

color change as well.. this was a good idea tang, hopefully it makes swaps and hookups easier

Great idea

Added my stuff
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Ok cool, and yes I can see several others added their quivers, and just show up as "anonymous user" still in the edit and version log.
    Cool to see the quivers! Helps me on my thinking and obsessing!
    Link again - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This thread has gained much less traction than I expected... Figured folks would be chompin at the bit to try out other folks skis if they're down to do so...

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    This thread has gained much less traction than I expected... Figured folks would be chompin at the bit to try out other folks skis if they're down to do so...
    Its a really cool idea, i added mine to the list. I think it deserves a bump when we are closer to the season. Could be a really nice tool for gear swap

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	421683CD-1299-4F42-AF4B-AD356B660188.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	381299

I'll add my fleet, even though:
    -I live in the middle of nowhere
    -no one wants to ski on my outdated shit
    -I run pivots on everything so good luck anyway
    -there are very few skis I would let someone else ski on because I'm just a persnickety little bitch.

But I still think it's a neat idea.

Added my small quiver.

Not totally in love with my Wrenegade 96s. If someone in the CO front range had something in the 102-108 underfoot range, something like a Woodsman 108 or M Free 108, I'd consider swapping them. I think something slightly wider underfoot and with a slightly more forward mount would be a better second ski to compliment my Billy Goats.

Awesome, and FYI I added a WTB-ISO tab as well and put Down countdowns and lowdowns on there. Man, if these were available new or used, it would totally change my entire quiver!

Added some EC input

cool - added mine

This would be an awesome way to keep the in-demand/low-supply kids skis moving through the mag community, too. I added the ones my kid will grow out of this year.

Just a thought…if you wanted to see what other people are using as their quiver….seems like possible including some personal info might be helpful. Maybe just height and weight. My thought is you are looking for a new BC ski. You sort by your height weight. You see a few skis you already like for inbounds and what BC skis those same folks like. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ good point, helpful for sure. I'll add to the google sheet

2nd the idea of single ski addition.. still looking for a ON3P Jmo 181

^^^ yup, just added both a color code for half pair skis on the main tab, and then a half pair-specific tab too. not sure which is better, but easy enough to do a quick search on both

I'm late to the party but this is a great idea, just added my small quiver. I could be up for ski testing or swaps in Norcal this winter

I added filters on the column headers which makes life easier.

www.experiencedgear.net

Bumping this thread back up, as more folks are listing/buying gear on gear swap.

www.experiencedgear.net

Added mine. Maybe I should thin the herd sometime soon.

Singlecross... #winning