Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    The media should blow McJesus some more.

Dislike me some Kane.

As amazing as McJesus has been playing I think Smith is almost the bigger difference maker for the Oilers. So many goals the last couple games have come on plays that started with him playing the puck forward. Really hard for the Flames to dump the puck in and retrieve it while at the same time the Oilers skaters can focus on preventing them from carrying it in. Flames didn't have to deal with that most of game 1 and the last two games they haven't been able to adjust.

Oilers return the favor last night. Flames can't seem to find a way to play defense. Mc. vs. Mc. in the West Finals? Let's see what the Blues can muster in game 4.

Lightning have had two goals taken off the board in 90 seconds. One for a missed puck out of play, and one for a hand pass on a face off

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Lightning have had two goals taken off the board in 90 seconds. One for a missed puck out of play, and one for a hand pass on a face off
    Yep. And they were the right calls.

Blues are tough but even when the Avs look bad they manage to pull through.

Fuck Tampa Bay...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yep. And they were the right calls.

Blues are tough but even when the Avs look bad they manage to pull through.

Fuck Tampa Bay...

All of this

If you can beat the Leafs in 7, you can sweep your next opponent and eventually find yourself in the SCF. That's just how hockey works, apparently.

Vasilevsky is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Vasilevsky is pretty good.
    Pretty sure he's where this idea came from..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I know Lucic is a piece of shit in the best of times but 1 game sus for that hit on smith was overblown. What a fucking drama queen ass bitch. Didn't even get actually hit.

Yeah. Some real flopping there. You're out of the crease, you're fair game just like anyone else. And Lucic was putting the brakes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I know Lucic is a piece of shit in the best of times but 1 game sus for that hit on smith was overblown. What a fucking drama queen ass bitch. Didn't even get actually hit.
    Suspension? I think the major and game misconduct in game was it unless I missed something.

It looked bad real time but was a non-hit. Watch the slo-mo replay at 2:40. Smith was spinning around before contact. It was Smith's own momentum that threw him backwards as his left skate hit Lucic's back skate while he continued to spin around. There might be a bit of upper body contact and you see Lucic's upper body tense up there is no follow through with his arms like there would be if he had pushed Smith. And neither shoulder or hip make contact with Smith as well. Smith's fall would have had a different trajectory if Lucic had actually run him over

Refs had access to same slo mo for their review. Only reason I can see to kick Lucic out was to get him out of there so the game didn't totally blow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJop...nnel=SPORTSNET

Maybe next time let Lucic get off your goalie and make sure the goalie is OK before piling on Lucic.

No additional suspension for Lucic. But, Jesus h Christ, things are getting desperate for my Flames. I thought they were in it last night at least (the 2 previous games not so much...). Anyway, back to the Saddledome tomorrow night to stay alive. Be off my seat most of the night fo sho.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

So the Blues are pretty pissed about their goalie being whacked out of the playoffs.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So the Blues are pretty pissed about their goalie being whacked out of the playoffs.
    Looked like it was their own player's fault for the most part.

Fuck the Blues.

Pretty nice rush there by MacKinnon. And timely.

Holy fuck. Talk about taking the team on your shoulders. This gonna be interesting

NHL 2021-2022 Season

What a game

Gorgeous goal by Mac, Avs needed that empty netter

Tuned in for the last 5 min. Awesome ending. MacKinnon is a beast. A showdown between him and McJesus will be epic.

NHL 2021-2022 Season

Woah. Turned it off with like three minutes left.

Always take the center line before you try for the empty netter.
    IMO Landeskog did the right thing. Fundamentals of hockey say you shouldn't give up the icing call, have your line mates stuck on the ice without a change for a defensive faceoff.

Damn. Wifey not happy. MacKinnon did all he could. How do you not shoot that empty net? I want an Avs vs Oilers series. Feels like a cup series.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Holy fuck. Talk about taking the team on your shoulders. This gonna be interesting

When the play by play said McKinnon was on the ice I told myself he was going end to end and score. And he did. Avs let up on the gas way too soon. It's the oldest story in sports. (Except in baseball, where there is no gas pedal.)

Likewise, watched McKinnon go all Bobby Orr and do this end to end rush for a goal, absolutely incredible, and thought that's it, once again, the best Blues efforts will go for naught. Turned the game off expecting to see a 5 - 3 Aves win with an empty netter to finalize the score. On the replay, they show the Aves' bench after McK's goal and you can tell they are all sure that was the game-winner right there, game over, we can move on to the finals. Kuemper continues to look decidedly pedestrian in goal. Now lets see what the Oilers can do.