Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Good come back by the AVS last night. Rest up boys.

Also, Makar is a badass.
    sigless.

Ugh, the play by play for the oilers game is killing me. Can't watch it.
    sigless.

NHL 2021-2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Ugh, the play by play for the oilers game is killing me. Can't watch it.
    No likey the lady?

No.
    sigless.

I find it bullshit that I can’t watch the local broadcasts on the app.

Always my favorite part

Fucking Diz-nay

There is one lady color announcer who does an ok job, the one who gets to do a lot of the games drives me bonkers, voice is fine, but she always blathers about shit unrelated. I find myself saying to myself, "I get where you started, but wtf are you talking about now?" By the end of the run on sentence. And there is a lack of banter between her and the play by play guy.
    Maybe I'm just old and sexist i don't know.
    sigless.

Yeah, I know who you are talking about. Don’t know her name either.

I’m usually staring at my phone watching bet lines or reading forums so I half zone them out anyway

NHL 2021-2022 Season

This color guy sucks worse than the pxp

Is this the first female play by play for nhl playoffs? I don’t recall one before

Announcing hockey is by far the hardest sport I think. I don’t mind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Announcing hockey is by far the hardest sport I think. I don’t mind her.
    Agree.

She’s growing on me…or the color guy is annoying me

I think whoever the sound guy in the truck is isn’t helping. Both of them are peaking too much

I think whoever the sound guy in the truck is isn’t helping. Both of them are peaking too much
    Yeah, lots of highs

I may fire up the bootleg site so I can listen to Kings broadcast for 3rd

Maybe they should stick these ladies in the minors to call games for 10 years before they stick em in the NHL playoffs?
    sigless.

Why do you just assume she hasn’t had as hard, or an even harder, path to where she is? Because of your personal preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    I find it bullshit that I can’t watch the local broadcasts on the app.

Always my favorite part

Fucking Diz-nay
    I paid for Hulu when playoffs started so I could actually watch the games. Tune in yesterday for Flames/Stars and the Caps/Panthers game was playing on that stream channel. They didn't switch over to Flames/Stars when that game started, they kept broadcasting Caps/Panthers until it ended. This isn't network TV - isn't the point of having different streaming channels that you can actually watch what you want to? Thankfully OT ended quickly so I only missed a third of the first period.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I paid for Hulu when playoffs started so I could actually watch the games. Tune in yesterday for Flames/Stars and the Caps/Panthers game was playing on that stream channel. They didn't switch over to Flames/Stars when that game started, they kept broadcasting Caps/Panthers until it ended. This isn't network TV - isn't the point of having different streaming channels that you can actually watch what you want to? Thankfully OT ended quickly so I only missed a third of the first period.
    Yep, it’s stupid

Pay for the ESPN+, but apparently that is only for the regular season.

At least with the old nhl ppv I could watch local broadcasts for first round

Still hard after that Leafs comeback W last night. I need to speak with a doctor.

Why do you just assume she hasn’t had as hard, or an even harder, path to where she is? Because of your personal preferences?
    I don't assume that she has had an easy or hard path to broadcasting an NHL playoff game. I doesn't sound like she has 10 years of experience broadcasting games, regardless if she has or not.

Little bit of Google Fu says that she broadcast 4 games in 2018 for the Canadian women's hockey league, and did more games in 2019 including some NCAA tournament games. She has done 2 minute segments on an am station in Canada, talking about hockey and sexism and social injustice.
    Next career note i found is contracted by ESPN to be first NHL female play by play.
    Doesn't sound like the multi year development to get to a high level of play by play. In the oilers game last night, several stretches of silence, where i am guessing she was trying to catch up and find another opportunity to pick it up again. I thought the call of the game was poor, further compounded by a complete lack of synergy with the color commentator (who also sucked), i switched over to the blues wild game.

Now to the color announcer who drives me batty. Cassie Campbell Pascall, Her color commentary meanders all over the place. In the same sentence, she frequently ends up somewhere totally unrelated to where she started the sentence. There is little to no interaction with the play by play guy, and she just sounds clunky and disjointed. In my humble opinion. There is another lady who does color, (can't remember who) and i found her to be much better at it. Cheryl pounder maybe? Or Linda Cohn?

End rant.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Good come back by the AVS last night. Rest up boys.

Also, Makar is a badass.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dimfilipo...80340847353858
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Friday night, five lads around a campfire in a campground listening to Joe Bowen call the last ten minutes of the Leaf's game. Small portable radio, crackly reception. "Just put the damn puck in the net!". Sure as hell beats watching the game on a 60 inch tv. Sunday night and Lucy pulled the football...again. Last night gave us hope.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Friday night, five lads around a campfire in a campground listening to Joe Bowen call the last ten minutes of the Leaf's game. Small portable radio, crackly reception. "Just put the damn puck in the net!". Sure as hell beats watching the game on a 60 inch tv. Sunday night and Lucy pulled the football...again. Last night gave us hope.
    That Matthews kid might end up being kinda good, eh?

From the desert too eh!
    sigless.

That was a pretty crazy ~4 minutes of hockey at the end of the 2nd in NY. Rangers down 0-2, they score 3 in a row to take the lead, then Pittsburgh scores to tie it back up

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Still hard after that Leafs comeback W last night. I need to speak with a doctor.
    Good God...Marner's shot/pass of the pads on the Matthews goal was the tits!
    up around the bend...
    "say yes to the no"

As a flyers fan, i love to see the pens lose.
    sigless.