Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Epic collapse thus far.

edit: but wait...

That was a pretty damned entertaining period of hockey
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Bruce Cassidy thrown under the zamboni..
    Not in favor of this move. He's a good coach, he'll have success somewhere else.

Avalanche Warning!!

Avs!!! So stoked

Smith really should have stopped 3 of those tonight. That's why I hope Edmonton brings some one in this summer or brings up Skinner for good. Smith scares me too much.

Didn't think the Avs would pull it out but finally got some urgency in OT. They played a pretty sloppy game and (I hate to say this) refs called a fairly one sided game but again they still manage a W.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

It was a great game to watch. Dang, the Avalanche is good. Tampa would be a great match in finals.
    As far as this game, Leon missed his shot to go ahead 5 to 3. He normally buries that shot, hit the outside of the post, he had an open net, maybe he was off balanced. AND Duncan shouldnt have left that skater behind him after the faceoff in that zone? jeeez

and you gotta like the call of the later TV announcer after the review. so he says, Holy Shit, that was close. priceless. just like Smith hollered FUCK after he got pushed into the net with the puck.

So is the Stanley Cup gunna get aired on TNT now?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im a bit bummed i thought it could be canada year
    eh
    the avs had their number and look tough
    cmcd's name will probably be on the cup
    and the dunkin dudes is on there multiple times already for good reason
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

NHL 2021-2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Don’t think so, the Gretz crew said that was their last game and they are going golfing.

Thankfully ESPN. That TNT crew was awful. Go Avs

MacKinnon is a beast. He scores big goals when the team needs it. That goal to tie the game was awesome.

And the first goal of the game by Makar, he moves across to get the screen and then snipes the top corner? Wow.
    sigless.

Can’t tell if you’re kidding but that take makes no sense to me.

Couldn’t have said it better than Shafty. Once you build that reputation for yourself you should probably expect your time is going to come.
    I mean, you'd have to watch the games (the Boston ones) in their entirety. Refs were letting things get out of control and you could just feel that something bad was going to happen, both times. Still on the player to not do stupid shit that can hurt someone of course, but we've seen this sort of thing happen before, enough that it is almost predictable.

IMO there's a difference, and it matters on the current 'vibe' of the game. Still illegal hits though - just sayin... it's different...

Again this was probably the main reason he was traded. Everyone felt he was gone after the last Bruins series.

Excellent work by the Avs. That 'backup' goalie is solid. You just knew they were going to win once it was heading to OT.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    MN folks like to say, begrudgingly, that the Stars going to Dallas was part of the Hershel Walker deal..
    And chanting "Norm Green sucks!" whenever the Stars come to play at the X.

edit: The Ave's booked their trip to the finals when Kadri took out Binnington in round 2, IMO.

So Vegas is listing the Ave's as a slight favorite to win the cup, but most of the talking heads ("experts") I've heard think the Bolts will three-peat. Reason: experience and goaltending.

Yeah, I think Vasilevski has been the difference the last three years for sure. Maybe the best run by a goaltender ever.

Kadri being in or out is a factor for the Avs.

Goaltending is a major factor. Vasilevski is probably the best goaltender in the world at the moment. Avs don't have consistent goaltending.

Avs maybe have a bit more depth on offense.

Fingers crossed for the Avs!

Avs take it in 5 if the goaltending was even. Kuemper looked pretty good much of the season but has played like crap in the playoffs, I almost wonder if they stick with Frankie. Fingers crossed Kadri and Cogliano somehow play. If Vas steals 2, it's a coin flip for game 7. Go Avs. Is it Wednesday yet!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, I think Vasilevski has been the difference the last three years for sure. Maybe the best run by a goaltender ever.
    Crazy that he was probably only the second-best Russian goalie in that last series.

Tampa Bay can get fucked. Go Avs.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Crazy that he was probably only the second-best Russian goalie in that last series.
    Rangers felt like tourists the whole playoffs to me. Just a matter of time before they got exposed.

I’m pulling for anyone but the lightning, but they sure looked like the better team the second half of that series

I actually thought the Rangers got better and better as the playoffs continued but then they ran out of gas. Shesterkin is amazing though.Not that Vasilevski isn't.

I cheer for players more at this time of year. Like Makar and want to see him do well. Drspise Perry more than Kadri. So go Avs!