Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Can confirm, went to a Bruins vs Panthers game in Miami and there were more Boston fans than Panthers, that's for sure.
    There are a lot of transplants here in NC too.. Back when I first moved here the games were easily 50/50 home jerseys and away jerseys... mostly recent transplants. As the team got better, and especially after the 06 cup win the transplants are trading in the old sweaters for new Hurricanes sweaters. Also lots of hew hockey fans whose parents were the transplants.. My son LOVES the Hurricanes. I'm a transplant but the Canes are all he's ever known.

On the playoffs, what's the status of the Aves net minder? Are they down to the back up for the rest of the series/season or should they expect more options?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Again, Zibanejad with the great flowing locks

Rangers are about to bench the walrus!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Rangers look like they're having a great time.

Vasilevsky is getting shelled & I’m not sure it’s really his fault. D looks like shit

6-2
    I think I can turn this one off…

Vasilevsky is getting strafed.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Vasilevsky is getting shelled & I’m not sure it’s really his fault. D looks like shit
    Oh, it's his fault all right, and the D's, and the O's. The whole team looked slow.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    On the playoffs, what's the status of the Aves net minder? Are they down to the back up for the rest of the series/season or should they expect more options?
    Kuemper was brought in as the backup to Francouz this year. Franky went down with an injury midway/75% of the season and Kuemper took over. He’s been solid for the Avalanche since he came in and kind of took over as the starter going into the playoffs.

Kuemper took that stick to the eye against the Predators and said he was having blurry vision and that’s why he pulled himself… nobody knows if it was concussion symptoms from shots to the head (he took a few) or if it’s still remaining symptoms from the stick to the eye. Either way, Francouz is a solid backup/starter. After Francouz though… it’s rough. I don’t think they even have anyone listed as a third goalie…

Don't know the Avs intentions when they signed Kuemper as a free agent but he had established himself as the #1 goalie in Arizona and he's been the starter for most of the season with Francouz as the backup, not the other way around. I was sorry that the Wild let him go (the Wild have a history of giving up on goalies that turn into solid players for other teams). And if Francouz goes down then it's the top goalie from the farm team whoever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by uburoi View Post
    Defense? We don't need no stinking defense! Now tonight, one would expect a 1-0 in overtime score with these two goalies. With any of these 4 remaining teams, the Cup finals seem to be setting up as a great test of the adage that defense wins championships.

As to the Canadian exodus - why does the NHL have teams in Florida and Arizona? Because of all the northerners (Minnesotans, Canadians, New Yorker's, etc) that are retired or are snowbirds there and still want to see hockey.
    I believe the quote you're looking for is "offence wins championships"
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

What a second period by the Avs!!!

Turned to the NBA for a couple minutes and all of a sudden it was 3-0

Avs are very very dangerous. NHL is on notice. Goodness...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

While nothing Kane did in the last minute or two was particularly dangerous, when a penalty at that point would be meaningless there has to be some consequence that matters--like a one game suspension. Since that isn't likely hope the AVs can keep their cool and not retaliate next game. Other Oilers were getting nasty too and the AVs did a good job of just staying with their game and not brawling.

FORMER TORONTO MAPLE LEAF CONN SMYTHE KADRI is at it again! 3 POINTS FOR THE GOOD GUY WOOOOOO!!!

LETS GOOOOOOO

...and fuck you, Edmonton!

Rangers seem to have exposed Vasilevski

Apparently gathering in large crowds outside hockey arenas is an ancient Canadian ritual that foretells doom.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Kane...

Fuck yeah AVS!
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Fuck yeah AVS!
    I didnt think they would pull it out but I'm not an Avs fan. I said it before but if they can play a bad game against the Oilers(mc jesus and draisaitl(sp)) and win then they're gonna be tough to beat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    FORMER TORONTO MAPLE LEAF CONN SMYTHE KADRI is at it again! 3 POINTS FOR THE GOOD GUY WOOOOOO!!!
    Seems like you jinxed him. Kadri out with injury for the remainder of the series. So 1 game... Or more.

Must win game for TB, the Lightning better score early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Must win game for TB, the Lightning better score early and often.
    No.
    Lose Florida hockey team.
    The world is tired of you.
    Go golfing.

I'd like to see that.