Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Go AVS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just the fastest a team has damaged it
    Well, Avs are a fast team!

Also it’s just the base not the actual rings, I’m guessing Phil Pritchard has spares.

The damage and repairs are part of the history of the cup. I think it’s great players get to party with it.

Those gummy’s who travel with the cup must see some shit

The problem was the shit ice in Amalie Arena--that's why the guy fell.
    And why is Boris Johnson handling the Stanley Cup?

Makar is a great player but I would have given the Conn Smythe to McKinnon. Even when he wasn't scoring he drove the offense when he was on the ice. His skating agility and speed created havoc for opposing D's and he was obviously the player TB worked hardest to contain. I don't get judging defensemen by their goal scoring. It seems to me their first job is to prevent goals, their second is to score them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem was the shit ice in Amalie Arena--that's why the guy fell.
    And why is Boris Johnson handling the Stanley Cup?

Makar is a great player but I would have given the Conn Smythe to McKinnon. Even when he wasn't scoring he drove the offense when he was on the ice. His skating agility and speed created havoc for opposing D's and he was obviously the player TB worked hardest to contain. I don't get judging defensemen by their goal scoring. It seems to me their first job is to prevent goals, their second is to score them.
    WTF kind of hot take is this.... You think they gave him the Smythe because he scored 8 goals?? Cale Makar played 20 playoff games. He was an absolute beast on D, and drove the offence just as much (if not more) than anyone on that team, AND played defense well enough to get his team a cup. Also it's a trophy for the entire SC playoffs, not just the final round.

Cale Makar put up outstanding numbers across the board:
    Averaged 27:04 ice time per game (2nd most in playoffs) - Mackinnon 21:25
    Scored 29 points (21 of them were assists) - Mackinnon 24 points
    Blocked 43 shots.
    +7 (4th most among D in playoffs) - Mackinnon +11

But I guess it's like every year - there's often 2 guys you could give that trophy to and it would make sense. Not discounting Mackinnon as a player at all, but Makar put up numbers that haven't been done in like 30 years. Although, we could also argue that it's due to the players he's surrounded with. Whatever, they're both awesome.

Maybe there should be 2 trophies - one for best forward and one for best defense. We could call the new one the Old Goat and it's awarded to the D-man who plays the most boring, stifling defense on a cup winning team while scoring as few points as possible. Coveted.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    WTF kind of hot take is this.... You think they gave him the Smythe because he scored 8 goals?? Cale Makar played 20 playoff games. He was an absolute beast on D, and drove the offence just as much (if not more) than anyone on that team, AND played defense well enough to get his team a cup. Also it's a trophy for the entire SC playoffs, not just the final round.

Cale Makar put up outstanding numbers across the board:
    Averaged 27:04 ice time per game (2nd most in playoffs) - Mackinnon 21:25
    Scored 29 points (21 of them were assists) - Mackinnon 24 points
    Blocked 43 shots.
    +7 (4th most among D in playoffs) - Mackinnon +11

But I guess it's like every year - there's often 2 guys you could give that trophy to and it would make sense. Not discounting Mackinnon as a player at all, but Makar put up numbers that haven't been done in like 30 years. Although, we could also argue that it's due to the players he's surrounded with. Whatever, they're both awesome.

Maybe there should be 2 trophies - one for best forward and one for best defense. We could call the new one the Old Goat and it's awarded to the D-man who plays the most boring, stifling defense on a cup winning team while scoring as few points as possible. Coveted.
    I like the idea. Could call it the Chara. I don't think good D is boring. I think of the Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire remark. A defenseman does everything a forward does--backwards. Having tried to pay a little D I have great appreciation for the ability to go from backwards to forwards without slowing down. There would be a lot fewer shorthand goals if forwards could skate as well as defensemen.

D's always have more ice time than F's.
    Makar said that Palat's goal in game 5 was because he was out of position--so arguably his defensive mistake lengthened the series by a game and deprived Denver's fans of seeing the cup skated around. (I'm sure I'm wrong but my failing memory tells me that more Stanley Cups clinchers are won on away ice.) (I don't know anything about position play--hockey at the level I played it in college was like 5 year olds playing soccer--everyone skates to the puck.)
    While McKinnon has better plus minus (my source says +12) I don't put a lot of stock in it in hockey, since it reflects a player's line mates or D partner, whether they are on the power play or P kill, and who they're put on the ice against--the best D's usually get to play against the other teams top scorers.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Found this clip of Coach Bednar catching, chugging and chucking a beer. Fucking love this!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Denver/comm...tm_name=iossmf

Lots of players returning. Looking forward to 22/23.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I was expecting this..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!