PSA: DPS Dreamtime Sale, $200 off skis & more

I'm sure some of you are aware, but for those that haven't seen DPS is running a $200 off skis sale from today til August 11th.

https://www.dpsskis.com/

If I hadn't picked up a pair of J108s at a similar price, those Koala 103s for $500 would be very tempting.

Until DPS starts making cutting edge designs again (Lotus 120, early 138 shapes, Spoon, etc), they're a Deer Valley $$$$ rental brand as far as I'm concerned.

Get off my lawn, harumph...lol
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 07-28-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Until DPS starts making cutting edge designs again (Lotus 120, early 138 shapes, Spoon, etc), they're a rental fleet brand as far as I'm concerned.

Get off my lawn, harumph...
    Rental fleet???? A bit harsh. ….but I get your point. I cling onto my old school 120s and 105s (x2) and I have not been an buyer for quite a few seasons now. Lost count. Have more ON3P purchases than I like to admit since…..

DPS moved away from their niche and just another ski on the dance floor now but with a much higher cover charge. I guess they realized their general market is older and attracted to tamer beasts. Feel like it has become more of a status symbol than an icon.
    Uno mas

Status symbol is right. $1400 for Powder-works RPC’s is bananas.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Status symbol is right. $1400 for Powder-works RPC’s is bananas.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Whenever I see someone skiing on the yellow, heavily rockered RP112s I always shout:

"Banana! BANANA!"

Admittedly I just talking sh!t, but unlike the early years of DPS when I drooled over their website and watched their sexy pow videos, I don't pay any attention anymore.

So many good skis out there now for half the price.

Admittedly I just talking sh!t, but unlike the early years of DPS when I drooled over their website and watched their sexy pow videos, I don't pay any attention anymore.

I guess a lot of the TGR crowd is interested in shapes other than the Koalas, but those come in at a pretty good price with the sale.. maybe the Koalas are cheaper because they know the older, wealthier crowd will still pay $1,000 for the other shapes

I've never skied DPS, but do know some rippin tele skiers who like their stuff. If I'm going to drop $1k+ you best believe I am headed to that custom ON3P builder.

Same. Love my 138s, and I bet the L124 is pretty fun, but DPS hasn't been on my radar in years.

The Koala lineup is reasonably priced and I bet they are good skis if boring. The other shit is ridiculous.

The Powderworks 124 tour in a 171cm would be a ridiculous touring ski for my wife. She actually likes her wailers as a light skier (women seem to love that shape). But… there is no way I would drop $1400. It’s not a matter of the money, we spend a lot more on bike gear… it’s just thats a dumb price point.

I could maybe get on board with $1000 if I find some on a shelf but $1400 is just stupid.

Agreed w above. Wife loves her yvettes. Last pair (last week) I bought were $400. I won’t pay more thank that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Whenever I see someone skiing on the yellow, heavily rockered RP112s I always shout:

"Banana! BANANA!"
    Me, too! They’re pretty fun in bottomless pow, though. I kind of miss mine....

edit: They were fun all around, really. Just a nice, slo-mo, tooling around toy.

100% agreement. There are so many skis that will do everything and more than these current DPS skis for many, many less Benjamins. I'm genuinely not sure who buys DPS skis at this price point. DPS has truly has become a dentist only brand. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Me, too! They’re pretty fun in bottomless pow, though. I kind of miss mine....

edit: They were fun all around, really. Just a nice, slo-mo, tooling around toy.
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    I'm almost always skiing lone wolf and the other people on the lift often look at me as though I have some bastard child fruit centric Tourettes syndrome.

The 168, (or whatever), Le Petit, or small GPO from Praxis, kills the DPS Yvette, according to my 2 strong females. And look cooler, and get more compliments (which the chicks kind of dig).
    Custom and cheaper. The Yvettes are pretty good rock skis though, w/ a tad more float for bony conditions.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I’m not going to make the case that they’re good value (though my 10 year old Wailer 112s are as lively as the day I bought them), but as I’m hanging out in oppressive wildfire smoke and considering a new pair of touring skis, I’m not aware of anything (not the BMT109, Slayr 114, or Intention 110?) that delivers a comparable feature set (optimized for big days lapping powder in steep trees) to the DPS Pagoda Tour 112. I also like the new SE graphics.

Bring back the OG Lotus 120.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<