Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ^ vest color and which fabric are still undecided. however, we have very little antero 2 type fabric in stock with exception of black, belgian blue, brown (these have slight layer of insulation inside) .....Antero 2+ neoshell we have a rainbow of weights and colors, in fact we can mix a couple in on the cut as long as we stick with black zippers, these fabrics have tricot (typical hardshell type) linings
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Will the vest effort be communicated out through this thread or will it have it's own?

Just need to know where to pay attention...

Thanks for all you guys are doing!
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

Quote Originally Posted by JET123 View Post
    Will the vest effort be communicated out through this thread or will it have it's own?

Just need to know where to pay attention...

Thanks for all you guys are doing!
    youre welcome
    thanks all you guys for your support

i will make a new thread when we get closer to being able to do it...probably looking at nov or dec , so i will mention it here and then create a new thread
    Last edited by Micol; 09-15-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Are u guys set on the color orange for the vest or will there be another color or two to choose from? As always thank you for all you guys do and your products are superb for sure
    Thx again
    Orange is just an idea. It all depends on what we can get our hands on fabric wise. More than likely we would go with a neutral color like a brown/black/charcoal or maybe something like the Sea-Green since it's been so popular.

Sea green sure would be nice . Either way thanks again for all you guys do
    always forward but never straight

Oh man I want to get in on this finally if its not too late. Any chance of any more L/XL (need to measure myself) Antero II + in sea green? Its purrrty

Orange neoshell vest for mtb... Thanks
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Bump bump.

Chilly nights in the west already. Snow up high. Get your trades in!

Wife surprised me for my bday with a sweet lightweight xl blurple Antero III.

I run hot this thing feels perfect weight !

Thx for making cool gear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tyreed70 View Post
    Wife surprised me for my bday with a sweet lightweight xl blurple Antero III.

I run hot this thing feels perfect weight !

Thx for making cool gear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

wait a minute…. we got wives and significant others lurkin these threads…

jk, glad u got hooked up, tell her we said thanks for supporting our made in colorado garment making endeavor!
    www.freeridesystems.com

I have a bunch of old stuff I'd like to put into the recycle program...

But it's OLD.

What are you guys doing with the trade-ins, and is something like a 20yo Columbia shell worth anything?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I have a bunch of old stuff I'd like to put into the recycle program...

But it's OLD.

What are you guys doing with the trade-ins, and is something like a 20yo Columbia shell worth anything?
    donations
    r&d cut up taken a apart
    gifts

sometimes crushed up and snorted if old and brittle

ping our help line to see what we can get you $$$
    www.freeridesystems.com

update likely target end date Oct 31
    www.freeridesystems.com

Micol-ever have any luck finding that patrol jacket? Tried pinging yer inbox but it’s full up...

^ sorry bout that
    no , i know where it is but its going to be in one of several dozen boxes or on a torso mannequin covered by taped dark plastic that is out of reach without a man lift . so, im thinking of you and it but unable to physically connect with it at the moment
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    ^ sorry bout that
    no , i know where it is but its going to be in one of several dozen boxes or on a torso mannequin covered by taped dark plastic that is out of reach without a man lift . so, im thinking of you and it but unable to physically connect with it at the moment
    Roger that!

Thanks to everyone who has participated and the continued support for our made in Colorado technical garments. We are the only company making anything of this calibre in the State of Colorado, by skiers/riders for skiers/riders and one of the vry very few across the nation.

Just marked down remaining inventory (which is sparse) Some A2+'s marked down into the $380's, some A3's down to $340's , A5 Desert Camo Gore down to $333 to commemorate HooDoo/Lish return to ski making market , Discounts can still be applied. And, 5 more days of Threads for Shreds trading even allowed at these lowered prices....

We want to blow out inventory so the next time we have a gap in production we can jam in some product. Unfortunately that will not occur till at least February

Our fulfillment is taking a minimum of 5-6 business days right now to pick orders as we have really sold most of our inventory down to the nub. We are busy, but not fumbling around ( too much lol). We should be able to get back to 1-2 business day order picks by first week of November.
    www.freeridesystems.com

11/1/2021: CLOSED FOR SEASON ~
    THANKS ALL FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
    www.freeridesystems.com

Thanks for running this again.

As always...ping me if an all black AII / AII+ M / M tall comes available. I'll even send you super vintage FRS in exchange .

^thanks
    copy that
    www.freeridesystems.com

So, I know the shreds program is over - but my (cheap STP bargain) TNF parka's main zipper is dying. (Keeps separating behind the zipper in one place.)

I'm likely to get TNF to look at it as a warranty issue - but I'm thinking of buying a FRS jacket.
    (A real first, since I'm usually the one to wait around till some stupid cheap sale and snipe some weird color for cheap.)

So, the one thing I hesitate at is the chest pockets. All the last several technical/ski parkas I've had, had TWO external chest zip pockets.
    One for my phone, the other for my radio/hand-mic. (Is anyone else doing this, and what's your solution?)

I see there's an internal zip pocket.
    Are there any other internal pockets?

On the plus side, the main zip is double-zip right? So I can open from the bottom up, to get to underlayers/pockets? That's something I'm super irritated about the TNF - no double zip.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    So, I know the shreds program is over - but my (cheap STP bargain) TNF parka's main zipper is dying. (Keeps separating behind the zipper in one place.)

I'm likely to get TNF to look at it as a warranty issue - but I'm thinking of buying a FRS jacket.
    (A real first, since I'm usually the one to wait around till some stupid cheap sale and snipe some weird color for cheap.)

So, the one thing I hesitate at is the chest pockets. All the last several technical/ski parkas I've had, had TWO external chest zip pockets.
    One for my phone, the other for my radio/hand-mic. (Is anyone else doing this, and what's your solution?)

I see there's an internal zip pocket.
    Are there any other internal pockets?

On the plus side, the main zip is double-zip right? So I can open from the bottom up, to get to underlayers/pockets? That's something I'm super irritated about the TNF - no double zip.
    ok, great to potentially have u on the frs team. so, yes we use two way ykk zips on all our front main ski jacket zippers. if there is a question dont hesitate to ping our customer sac about features on a specific jkt. however, i will attempt to cover some here.

with regard to radio...i feel that this is the best system....get the clip for the radio to attach to your belt and use an in ear piece like the secret service guys do. i think batteries EMR near the heart is a no/no imho. the push to talk switch will be on your wire lead or your regular toggle on radio. these can be had off ebay or direct from radio brand pretty inexpensively. i had a custom in ear piece made so that i can use with my hearing aid. having the radio in one ear will allow you to be much more mobile and keep weight off your chest. you can also put this in a waist pocket. i strongly recommend putting cell phone somewhere besides chest again due to EMR. an inside or outside waist pocket with a small sock for insulation ( if using a hardshell jkt) will keep battery fresh and screen from freeze. i have moved mine to my soft-shell pants front zip pocket. it stays very warm and i can feel it vibrate if it rings. remember you will already most likely have a beacon in your chest region so why risk all that confluence off 3 transmitting or receding devices over your chest when u will have a pack chest strap there as well. i love my radio earpiece, i never miss a call.

as for additional interior pockets, the Antero 2 and 2+ series jackets have one chest zip and 4 more open internal pockets at waist. the 4 are naturally formed with the pocket bags in the jkt construction. you can easily access everything quickly with the 2 way front zip even if you have a hip belt attached. the ykk vision zippers are easy to move around straps because they are such smooth sliders...vs coil or aquaguard , or fake aqua guard (backwards coil) which naturally have resistance. we never deploy the coils or aquaguards on front main zippers because they can foul and they may be tough to operate due to their designs. at times ( abc news rain jet and a few others) we have used them but only because they wanted that style. we have a 400D waterproof windflap behind our zipper and with side seam taping , there is no water getting through that zipper. this is what we have deployed for military operators as well as high mountain SAR teams because they work and work well. (note: always be sure to use your right thumb to press both sliders down before attempting to zip your jkt from the open position). Not doing so will eventually cause zipper failure over a long period of time. it is easy to train yourself to do this and we have 11 year old jkt zippers that perform like 1 month old jkt zippers. so its worth doing.

as for sales , we have recently moved some more items into the garage sale category on our website. unfortunately i dont think any A2+ but there are some limited A2 hybrids/softshells in there ..... and yes, we have sold the heck out of product and are down to bare bones......see here: https://www.freeridesystems.com/category/garage-sale

let me know if u have further questions or ping customer svc at help@freeridesystems.com

thanks
    mc
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    ok, great to potentially have u on the frs team. so, yes we use two way ykk zips on all our front main ski jacket zippers. if there is a question dont hesitate to ping our customer sac about features on a specific jkt. however, i will attempt to cover some here.

with regard to radio...i feel that this is the best system....get the clip for the radio to attach to your belt and use an in ear piece like the secret service guys do. i think batteries EMR near the heart is a no/no imho. the push to talk switch will be on your wire lead or your regular toggle on radio. these can be had off ebay or direct from radio brand pretty inexpensively. i had a custom in ear piece made so that i can use with my hearing aid. having the radio in one ear will allow you to be much more mobile and keep weight off your chest. you can also put this in a waist pocket. i strongly recommend putting cell phone somewhere besides chest again due to EMR. an inside or outside waist pocket with a small sock for insulation ( if using a hardshell jkt) will keep battery fresh and screen from freeze. i have moved mine to my soft-shell pants front zip pocket. it stays very warm and i can feel it vibrate if it rings. remember you will already most likely have a beacon in your chest region so why risk all that confluence off 3 transmitting or receding devices over your chest when u will have a pack chest strap there as well. i love my radio earpiece, i never miss a call.

as for additional interior pockets, the Antero 2 and 2+ series jackets have one chest zip and 4 more open internal pockets at waist. the 4 are naturally formed with the pocket bags in the jkt construction. you can easily access everything quickly with the 2 way front zip even if you have a hip belt attached. the ykk vision zippers are easy to move around straps because they are such smooth sliders...vs coil or aquaguard , or fake aqua guard (backwards coil) which naturally have resistance. we never deploy the coils or aquaguards on front main zippers because they can foul and they may be tough to operate due to their designs. at times ( abc news rain jet and a few others) we have used them but only because they wanted that style. we have a 400D waterproof windflap behind our zipper and with side seam taping , there is no water getting through that zipper. this is what we have deployed for military operators as well as high mountain SAR teams because they work and work well. (note: always be sure to use your right thumb to press both sliders down before attempting to zip your jkt from the open position). Not doing so will eventually cause zipper failure over a long period of time. it is easy to train yourself to do this and we have 11 year old jkt zippers that perform like 1 month old jkt zippers. so its worth doing.

as for sales , we have recently moved some more items into the garage sale category on our website. unfortunately i dont think any A2+ but there are some limited A2 hybrids/softshells in there ..... and yes, we have sold the heck out of product and are down to bare bones......see here: https://www.freeridesystems.com/category/garage-sale

let me know if u have further questions or ping customer svc at help@freeridesystems.com

thanks
    mc
    Hey Micol what is the sizing on the casual jacket? Is it consistent with the Ant-2?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

I'm looking at the Antero II (I like the hood design.)
    Mostly the jacket is for inbounds. (Like 99.99%. I'm getting way too lazy to hike much for turns.)

I don't usually use a beacon inbounds, and if I do, it's usually stashed in my pack - so I'm not terribly worried about interference. (Yeah, I know that's problematic for a variety of reasons - but I'll live with it.)

The phone and radio I like to have easy access to, checking email/texts on a "I'm skipping work today" days and adjust volume/channel on the radio.
    The radio is less important for routine access. And, I always use a hand-mic. (I don't care for the earphone, and I usually resort ski with BT headphones so that's a conflict too.)

So, I see a few options:

Radio in internal pocket and phone in external chest pocket.
    I could run the coiled hand-mic out the neck, though that's kind of janky. Depending on how low the internal pocket is, out the hem and up. (Also janky.) And most of my hand-mic cords are pretty short. They work great from out the chest pocket and clipped to the sternum strap on my pack. I'm not at all sure how they'll work elsewhere. I'll have to do some tinkering/testing to see.

Phone in an internal pocket, radio in external chest pocket: Must unzip to get to the phone. Very not ideal.

If I move the phone to a pants pocket, it's way more difficult to get out on the lift up. (Than the ext. chest pocket.)

And both phone and radio in the same chest pocket probably greatly increases damage to the phone when I crash and burn hard. (Which isn't rare. Often enough.) I think the pants pocket is also more likely to take impact on a crash (IME), so I'm not thrilled with a phone in there, really.

So, yeah, I just really like the double chest pockets. I can probably adapt, but I don't think it's as handy. (But there are a lot of shells with only one, so not everyone thinks like me, obviously.)

Oh, one other question - sleeve pocket on left side? I assume no.
    That's one thing I thought was a gimmick, but which I've really liked. RFID pass, lip balm and goggle wipe are HANDY there. (Even a zippered pocket one could aquaseal on there, XXXer style, would work, I suppose.)

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Hey Micol what is the sizing on the casual jacket? Is it consistent with the Ant-2?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    no it is like regular brands sizing so for the blue get around jacket size Large = North Face , Marmot, etc Large
    www.freeridesystems.com