Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FS: 12TH ANNUAL 21-22 FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE in UP to $200

11/1/2021: CLOSED FOR SEASON ~
    THANKS ALL FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION

ANNOUNCING LIKELY TARGET END DATE OCT 31, 2021

12th Annual FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN PROGRAM up to $200

Freeride Systems = Made in Colorado Ski & Ride Jackets

Quick summary for newcomers and jongs: trade-in one of your personal old jackets toward the purchase price of our brand New Made in Colorado fully seam taped Polartec Neoshell ski jackets. (& 2 Gore-tex selections) This program cannot be used at the same time with our discount code....altho some have tried ... We may allow you up to $200. We are pretty generous with allowances.

www.freeridesystems.com

Name:  FreerideLogo11.6.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  33.5 KB
    Name:  stateSealGreen.png
Views: 1024
Size:  62.4 KB

Our sizing runs one size larger than other brands. So, XL North Face or whatever = Freeride Systems Large Jacket
    However, that is not true for our Harrison Fleece and base layers which are in line with other brand's sizing

Brief History
    Threads for Shreds background, Jacket Making in Colorado, and TGR founding (reprint from last year with some edit):
    Hello all. I started this program and company 11 ski seasons ago (2010) as a way to help gain some traction for unique made in Colorado ski jackets. I looked at some of those jackets today and realize that we have come a long way from pretty humble beginnings. The company started with a piece of webbing that I cobbled together with a plastic sewing machine bought in Silverthorne, Colorado. I made a "system" for "freeride" a simple strap carry system that made accessing inbounds "hike to" terrain easier as I was trying to cut down on exposed days in the back country. Today we offer fully seam taped premium branded fabric (mostly Polartec Neoshell) jackets made in Colorado and serve customers from ABC News Worldwide to the Colorado Avalanche Information Center, SAR teams, ski patrols, to skiers that care about how and where their garments are made as well as many commercial customers and now proud to have the US Government as a customer. Freeride Systems started on these forums and with some local Lake and Summit County ski shops and after I had been a member here for several years. And, I am still active here today. I thank TGR maggots,and the hard work and persistence from my team for the good fortune that followed. No other brands do quite what we do, making at commercial quality level in this State. Each jacket receives the official licensed 'Colorado Made' one inch green and white emblem embroidered on the arm. None of our competitors making a comparable product can do this... You are here, you are special, so are our jackets.....Thank you ! Mike C

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madeColoradoArm.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	380557
    photo credit: LittleBigLost, Antero 2 in action

Name:	28057475509_308e2b6930_b.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	380560

Name:	abcWH7dave.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	995.1 KB 
ID:	380561

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here's how Threads for Shreds works and the rules for the program this year:

2021-2022 THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN RULES

UP to $200

Rules and Guide to Participate

YOU CANNOT USE OUR DISCOUNT CODES AND THE TRADE IN PROGRAM IN ONE TRANSACTION - SORRY IN ADVANCE !

1. Notify Freeride Systems Trade In Coordinator in Advance of your desire to trade in a jacket(s) or pants. Notification request should be sent using our "Contact" page form Please state the style name of the Freeride Jacket you intend to buy and reference "Threads for Shreds Trade In 2022" in subject line. Include your email address. http://www.freeridesystems.com/contact or send direct email to help@freeridesystems.com Wait for our return email, then:

2. Send pictures (please dum down pixels a bit) of your trade, estimated age of trade, brand name, model name if possible and description of condition. Please note repairs, damage, smells,stains, pet hair, zipper functionality and any other important information. All zippers must be functioning smoothly. Generally speaking we can deal with rips and tears but smells and pet hair are a deal killer. Please remove smells and pet hair before sending your trade.

3. Freeride Trade Coordinator will tender an offer to you via email which contains an Actual Cash Value for your trade(s) . If the $dollar amount is satisfactory to you, mail us your jacket(s) or pants using delivery confirmation. We will provide you are mailing address at that time. Upon receipt of your jacket, Freeride's coodinator will email you a Product discount code that will equal the Actual Cash Value. You pay for postage to Freeride's offices for your trade . Please insure your parcel and request delivery receipt and submit a tracking number to program coordinator. If there is a discrepancy regarding condition, Freeride reserves the right to send your jacket back to you. So, good pictures and communication are key. We have had this happen almost zero times so the program usually has no to few surprises for you the customer. You cannot use both trade in discount and a discount code (double dip) in the same transaction.

4. Upon receipt of your trade in discount code, you need to complete the checkout process within 14 days. If you cannot complete the checkout process, you can mail a check, money order, or paypal to recover return postage of your garment. If you leave your garment for over 60 days without paying for return postage it will be considered abandoned. Your jacket will be donated and you will not receive any proceeds or credit.

5. We will make a product in our online store called "return postage" where you can pay and complete the transaction for the return of your garment(s) with credit card or paypal. We will ship your garment(s) USPS Priority Mail back to you. The charge is for a Large flat rate priority mail box. Please do not ask us to stuff your jacket into a too small tiny box to save a couple of dollars.

6. These are the rules of the Threads for Shreds Jacket trade in program. Freeride Systems reserves the right to change or update the rules as needed. By participating in this process you agree to follow these rules.

7. This program was used effectively last season 2020-2021 and has been running since about 2010.

8. Please ask all questions in advance to help@freeridesystems.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I will try to answer as many as I can here, as timely as possible....

link: www.freeridesystems.com
    Last edited by Micol; 11-02-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Yes!!!
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

YES!!

I always wondered where those old jackets ended up.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

FS: 12TH ANNUAL 21-22 FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE in UP to $200

Thought last year was the last dance? Could be the year the Scott Schmidt turns into a FRS!

hey MiCol ... what are the odds you'll do run of Antero II+ in black or dark grey this year?

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Thought last year was the last dance? Could be the year the Scott Schmidt turns into a FRS!
    As awesome as FRS is, you shut your dirty whore mouth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same availability question on Antero II (not plus)...
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    hey MiCol ... what are the odds you'll do run of Antero II+ in black or dark grey this year?
    As it stands right now the current inventory will be it for 2021/22 winter season. We are pretty back logged at production with some private label work. This could change, but not extremely likely.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hey everyone, we are still busy working to complete our govt contact sewing job. we expect to have another order from them within the next 30 days. this means going fwd we will only have one window to build freeride systems ski products in the next 6 months. therefore, any likelihood of other products different from what is online now is unlikely as wrg outlined. we specifically sewed inventory for this fall and that is what populates our website now. if for some reason the next govt contract is delayed, we will have an opportunity to insert a small run. I would not plan or count on this, but things change. I will say that we will have some Antero 2 ,OG with light insulation inside available in the next 12 months months. so we do hear the desires d requests and we are attempting to be responsive. however, the timetable for procuring fabrics* (antero 2 hybrid soft shell fabrics- no longer inventoried outside of black, abc blue and brown)in advance of production openings is a moving target. and, our production scheduling just runs farther out into the future than it ever has before , so it’s harder to sew on a dime. but, at least we have not had to resort to no online sales and red light green light inventory, so there’s that…..

Here is the closest thing we have to a dark jacket right now with current inventory. It is a dark gray Antero 3

https://www.freeridesystems.com/prod...cket-dark-grey
    Last edited by Micol; 07-28-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

4+ season old Antero II Plus (?) in there somewhere . Just sent it in for a cuff velcro tune up! Solid gear. Probably 250+ days on mine.

awesome pic! we just finished and it will b on the way back to you in a day or so.
    www.freeridesystems.com

so, we get interesting questions sometimes, yes, yes we say never wash a jacket, that’s still true, but that is not the question i want to cover here. ppl ask why are you guys rarely increasing your made in colorado usa prices when every other made overseas brand seems to be doing so?

the answer goes like this….we own the facility and machines. Even with property taxes inching up we are still able to run a lean and mean operation with highly skilled low turnover labor force. sure the cost of everything is going up and possibly one day we may be forced to increase costs because our workers kids school tuitions or gasoline costs for a household are going up or whatever. however we have hedges in place to prevent such swings such as tons of our commodities (fabric, tapes, etc) used in jacket production in hand in bulk and ready to sew. this means only rarely do we have to dip our toe into what could b an artificially pumped high sea of supply costs. (think of the squirrel that gathers nuts in good weather and utilizes the supply in inclimate) could a company capitalize on these hedges and then still justify raising costs even tho it would not b an accurate account of things?, sure and they do it all the time. we decided a long time ago to be competitive with both quality and price, and i believe we have been successful in getting the goods to the same quality level as some of the best brands made overseas, could we inflate prices to match the rise of quality tides?, sure, but we have decided our garments are for the ski and ride community that values the big picture as well as the goods and want to keep our products as affordable as possible. Sure 1% for this and that is awesome, but how bout as close to 100% as can b found for US based families that produce the goods you are going to wear?. so, it makes little sense to raise prices on the people that are our most ardent supporters. could we make some inferior goods for a cheaper price point? absolutely, but this makes little sense when our garments are being depended on in sometimes life dependent situations or mayb just our customers investment in time and costs for a trip are on the line. so, this is the m. o. Maybe it doesn’t make sense for the multimillion or billion in sales brands, but it seems to make good sense to us. Thanks everyone for your support and confidence in our products.
    www.freeridesystems.com

If you are in the market for a new ski jacket and don’t consider FRS first
    fuck you.

^ thank you, that enthusiasm and loyalty is what we hope to return to you all by our dedication to making great gear for you domestically
    www.freeridesystems.com

That sea green one is going to be like wearing Jordans to school in the 80's. Better watch your shit.

Micol-that is an amazing philosophy; I see why you have the following and brand success that you do. I’ll definitely be buying more of your goods.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    That sea green one is going to be like wearing Jordans to school in the 80's. Better watch your shit.
    I had one claimed, but let it go to a customer in JP. Sea Green is the hotness.

@micol/WRG, you guys rock, thanks for doing this

y'all got any small tall Anteros series jackets in stock? if so i'll get a trade going ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    @micol/WRG, you guys rock, thanks for doing this

y'all got any small tall Anteros series jackets in stock? if so i'll get a trade going ASAP
    Unfortunately we have no Small-Tall at the moment. Is that definitely your size? Email us at help@freeridesystem.com and we can get you dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Unfortunately we have no Small-Tall at the moment. Is that definitely your size? Email us at help@freeridesystem.com and we can get you dialed.
    email sent, thanks mang

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Wish you had medium orange antero 2+ lt
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Is there a store in Leadville to try stuff on for size?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

No.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^ *ahem* wrong
    ^^go to Tim's alpine sports in pbvil
    call first to make sure he has the stock out

also, down in Frisco, Recycle has some different stuff, anything that is a jacket with a very short collar and hood is on the Antero 4/Get a Round normal sizing where size Large = other brands size large. Any jacket that is Antero 2,2+,3 (tell by all with 4 to 5" high collars) are on the bigger freeride sizing where a Freeride Large = North Face , etc XL

Last time I was at Recycle they had a cool Large Neon Yello Antero 3 that has some slight stretch.
    www.freeridesystems.com