Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    This thread is becoming a real weird flex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    This thread is becoming a real weird flex.
    have you paid attention to the real estate crash thread? this shit is amateur hour

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, gents, talk to me about adaptive cruise control. Wifey wants me to go for a ‘20 Silverado that has this (one of the only ‘major’ changes between a ‘19 and ‘20). Is it a game changer? Does it work? Any of you try the Chevy flavor?
    Wife's CX3 has it.

I guess if you spend a lot of time using cruise control it might be a game changer. I can't bring myself to trust it completely though and hover over the off button just like I would if usung regular cruise control.

The emergency brake assist that is part of it, even when turned off, did definitely save me once from a sudden freeway traffic slowdown.

Pretty certain that my wife has never used cruise control on any car she's ever driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Seems like a handy way to see if theres really a heaven

Lol, a used truck is hardly a flex.

Buddy drove to carmax in Boise after a FULL disclosure w pics on a low mile, 2019 PU and they offered him a much lower price on arrival than they had agreed on.

So you blew out the engine in 100k and you’re feeling like, “yep, great truck. Need another one.” ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yup, great truck. The alternatives simply dont appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I always think Arizona in the spring when thinking trucks. It's the dead snowbird market.

https://www.trucksonlysales.com/trucks-only-mesa/
    The prices on the trucks at the top of that site are mind bottling. $77K for a used truck? wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The prices on the trucks at the top of that site are mind bottling. $77K for a used truck? wtf.
    I think it was the wise old philosopher George Clinton who once said "unbottle your mind and your ass will follow." Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I guess if you spend a lot of time using cruise control it might be a game changer. I can't bring myself to trust it completely though and hover over the off button just like I would if usung regular cruise control.

The emergency brake assist that is part of it, even when turned off, did definitely save me once from a sudden freeway traffic slowdown.
    That's my experience (Tacoma) as well. It works fairly well, but I keep my foot on the brake pedal just in case. Certainly wouldn't have been a deal breaker if it was just 'normal' cruise.

Yup, great truck. The alternatives simply dont appeal to me.
    I loved my 2014 Silverado, it was a great truck and I think it was easily the best from the big 3 at the time. But have you driven a newer RAM or Ford? If you're going high spec I think both have Chevy beat by miles - I was really shocked by how little the Chevy had changed and how much the others had.

Good luck with the new truck either way, buying right now is brutal. I bought a used truck back in May and it required some serious searching and a flight to find something I wanted that wasn't egregiously priced.

Yeah, I’m on a 5 month-ish timeline to find the right replacement, so hopefully the market corrects.
    Personally, I think the Rams scream ‘maga’, (I know, petty as hell) and the Ford v8’s are underpowered. But I haven’t actually trailered a newer one, so I don’t know.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

All-speed radar cruise is tits. Radar cruise with a low-speed threshold I actually find myself using less than non-radar cruise.

Personally, I think the Rams scream ‘maga’, (I know, petty as hell) and the Ford v8’s are underpowered. But I haven’t actually trailered a newer one, so I don’t know.
    Any chance that towing and the blow'd up Chev at 100K are related? What are you pulling? It is unpopular around idea around here but 1/2 tons just don't stand up to their tow ratings. Its just marketing to sell more cowboy cadillacs and Toyotas.

If you just feel like your rig fell about from heavy use, get a 3/4 ton gas. Then you can get a big block and really burn some dinos on the pass.

Yeah, I’m on a 5 month-ish timeline to find the right replacement, so hopefully the market corrects.
    The Ford V8 is ever so slightly more powerful than the Chevy 5.3, but the 3.5L ecoboost is even better. I think the newer 10sp transmission actually helps with this more than people give it credit. First gen of ecoboost didn't drive very well IMO but the current one in the 15+ trucks is ridiculously powerful. Obviously I am a Ford convert, but I will say they are not as well priced as the Chevy trucks.

Ford's new gas 7.3 is supposed to be a bitchin motor.

Also, slightly used trucks really aren't a great value. I'd just buy new vs. 1 year old. If you have 5 months it might be worth waiting for the new Tundra as well.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Also, slightly used trucks really aren't a great value. I'd just buy new vs. 1 year old. If you have 5 months it might be worth waiting for the new Tundra as well.
    I'd agree with this, no reason to buy used right now.

Sample size of one, but a coworker with a 2019 Silverado 1500 just had to have $2000 of transmission work done. The dealer actually told him it was from towing his boat to the lake every weekend, and it's a small boat well within the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I'd agree with this, no reason to buy used right now.

Sample size of one, but a coworker with a 2019 Silverado 1500 just had to have $2000 of transmission work done. The dealer actually told him it was from towing his boat to the lake every weekend, and it's a small boat well within the specs.
    Why wouldn't that be warrantied?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Indeed! The new "Godzilla" motor is radically detuned for longevity's sake. People are already boosting them to absolutely bonkers numbers and they're holding up. Word on the streets is that Ford decided to not get caught up in the current HP/Torque wars on this one, and instead wanted to make them just utterly bulletproof in the long run. Only time will tell if that ends up being true, but so far it's looking promising. Personally, if I were needing something for routine tow duty, I'd be taking a serious look at something with this engine.

Decades down the road, I predict it's going to end up having a reputation like the famed 12-Valve Cummins engines of old.

OP: Don't get caught up in the HP wars they're all flexing these days. It's all silly. They ALL have ample power. What you need is something that will hold up for your specific use case. Now THAT'S a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Why wouldn't that be warrantied?
    60k powertrain warranty. He said he's had the truck for 3 years? Not sure when that model year released.

So, my towing is not massive, I have an 18’ travel trailer, which we camp with about 5 times a year. I am looking at the 6.2L engine. I was a Ford guy for almost thirty years, but have moved on. But I will go sit in one just to check it out.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My FIL has had a F150 w/ ecoboost for about five years. He tows a 15’ camp trailer. He has had a ton of problems with the Ford. Dealer can’t figure half the shit out. Water in the oil, won’t start etc etc. His buddy has had the exact same experience and just sold his.

Ecoboosts are great if you dont tow anything...mine started having many problems by about 80 k...would not get again...traded in for a ram 2500 gasser witht Hemi...