Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Scotland TR is coming up (hopefully) soon!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Scotland TR is coming up (hopefully) soon!
    Looking forward to it (he has never said in his life to something golf related until Nutmeg throws down the compelling and thoroughly enjoyable Bandon Dunes golf TR). Thanks in advance for taking the time!
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 09-17-2021 at 10:26 AM. Reason: grammar dammit, grammar
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

awesome food there.....

Following, great trip report. Heading to Scotland this summer myself, definitely fill us in.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lnester View Post
    Following, great trip report. Heading to Scotland this summer myself, definitely fill us in.
    We are back in Scotland as well.
    The Open at the Old Course then Ireland to get some rounds in.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip!

In two weeks, I will be on my way to Bandon. (With luck, I'll be pulling into the practice facilities to tune the Links game) Because I have a hard time focusing on things other than Bandon, I reread this TR. Loved it again. Cannot wait to get there. I've been fortunate to play them all more than once, but am still beyond excited! Thanks again for a sweet write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    In two weeks, I will be on my way to Bandon. (With luck, I'll be pulling into the practice facilities to tune the Links game) Because I have a hard time focusing on things other than Bandon, I reread this TR. Loved it again. Cannot wait to get there. I've been fortunate to play them all more than once, but am still beyond excited! Thanks again for a sweet write-up.
    I am so jealous!!!
    Hope the rain holds up for you.

So their head pro Grant Rogers does Links Lesson $50 per player.
    It could be a good introduction or reminder before your rounds.

Links Lessons
    Learn the art of shot-making on our six true links courses.
    Links Lessons can be scheduled at a convenient time for groups of 2 or more golfers at the Practice Center and can cover a variety of golf shots including playing golf in the wind, putting, chipping, pitching, bump and run shots and bunkers - covering every facet of how to play your best links golf.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    And please do share your trip!
    Can't wait to hear all about it!!

I am so jealous!!!
    Hope the rain holds up for you.

So their head pro Grant Rogers does Links Lesson $50 per player.
    It could be a good introduction or reminder before your rounds.

Links Lessons
    Learn the art of shot-making on our six true links courses.
    Links Lessons can be scheduled at a convenient time for groups of 2 or more golfers at the Practice Center and can cover a variety of golf shots including playing golf in the wind, putting, chipping, pitching, bump and run shots and bunkers - covering every facet of how to play your best links golf.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    And please do share your trip!
    Can't wait to hear all about it!!
    Yeah, I am expecting wet, some wind, some cool conditions, and perhaps I will be surprised!

Thanks for the tip on the lessons for links golf. I will pass along to my group. I am by no means a low handicapper, but have played a bunch of links golf. (Melbourne Australia mostly) It's my favorite for sure. I am going to get to the range and focus on those bump and runs, lower trajectory shots, and long lag putts with some from off the greens.

I will try to take some pics and write it up. I'm historically bad at letting the moment get the better of me and not taking pics.

I have played Trails least of them all with the exception of Sheep. Stoked for our lineup: Trails, Bandon, Preserve\Pacific, Sheep. (Preserve \ Pacific being the only multi course day)

I do have to ask...you mentioned Bandon maybe your favorite place on earth. That was before your trip to Scotland. Is it still your favorite place on earth or did Scotland\Saint Andrews take over that top spot? I have yet to make it to Scotland, but outside of nostalga\old school roots of golf...I feel Bandon will keep that spot on my list!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I do have to ask...you mentioned Bandon maybe your favorite place on earth. That was before your trip to Scotland. Is it still your favorite place on earth or did Scotland\Saint Andrews take over that top spot? I have yet to make it to Scotland, but outside of nostalga\old school roots of golf...I feel Bandon will keep that spot on my list!
    Me and my boyfriend asked ourselves the same question and also asked by others.
    The answer is, we can't pick one over the other.
    Bandon has the breathtaking ocean view.
    St. Andrews has the history and the culture.
    Bandon doesn't really have nightlife where St. Andrews stays alive into the night.
    But it is amazing to have true links courses like Bandon to call ours.
    I love both place in their own way.

We are heading to The Open in St. Andrews and Ireland to play 10 rounds of golf this Summer.
    I think my favorite place on earth list might get even longer.

Me and my boyfriend asked ourselves the same question and also asked by others.
    The answer is, we can't pick one over the other.
    Bandon has the breathtaking ocean view.
    St. Andrews has the history and the culture.
    Bandon doesn't really have nightlife where St. Andrews stays alive into the night.
    But it is amazing to have true links courses like Bandon to call ours.
    I love both place in their own way.

We are heading to The Open in St. Andrews and Ireland to play 10 rounds of golf this Summer.
    I think my favorite place on earth list might get even longer.
    You guys have an enormous game. Enjoy the open and Ireland this summer. I am sure the TR will be awesome!

RE: Bandon vs. anywhere else. Yeah, I am certainly biased growing up in the area. I just love the coast. A lack of nightlife for me is actually a positive. I seem to do plenty of personal damage without a raging nightlife scene. Patio\room partying with the bunker bar and practice facilities thrown in during daylight hours is more than enough for this old man.

Gorse flowers are blooming right now.
    I’m so jealous you get to see this!!!

Great TR. I had one of my finest days of golf at Bandon Dunes the week after 9/11. Unfortunately couldn't stay a second day (or a third), but I wish I could've gone back.

Gorse flowers are blooming right now.
    I’m so jealous you get to see this!!!

It is going to be fantastic. The blooms may be tough to see at points through the rain, but hopefully not the whole time!

I've not played Trails for a long time, and it's our first round. I've used the cool course tool to plan out my approach to each hole. I assume that will go out the door after the first shot. It is fun to geek out none the less! I rarely wish for time to go by quicker...but right now, I am wishing it would! T-minus 6 days and counting!