FS: 2020 Specialized Enduro

Tentatively putting my Enduro up for sale. S4, based off the "Elite" build. Pink and pretty.

Asking $4900 on PB, but that's flexible for a Mag, and even more flexible if I don't have to box it up and ship. Mostly just testing the waters

Happy to sell as just frame+whatever parts you want as well.

Upgrades:

-210mm Oneup Dropper w/Wolftooth lever
    -Shimano Zee brakes
    -180 mm C2 airspring in the fork
    -Tannus insert in the rear

Also comes with the stock 170 mm air spring, 150 mm dropper, and bash guide.

Wheels have only been ridden around 10 times so they're straight and true.

Some small paint chips and rash, in great condition, but it has been ridden, and looks like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4316.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	380201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4320.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	380202

What's your next whip, Cy?

What size? I have a friend looking for a new bike and he might be into this
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What size? I have a friend looking for a new bike and he might be into this
    It's the "S4" from Specialized, roughly a "Large" from most brands. Probably decent for someone 5:10-6'2 (I'm 6' and feel like it fits perfectly)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What's your next whip, Cy?
    Still undecided. Torn between a Spire and a Patrol, mostly trying to figure out if I want to drink the mullet koolaid or not!

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    It's the "S4" from Specialized, roughly a "Large" from most brands. Probably decent for someone 5:10-6'2 (I'm 6' and feel like it fits perfectly)
    Oh my bad I figured S4 was build not size (not a specialized guy). I think he may be in the S5 camp since he's usually on XLs but I'll still send it over. Sweet bike
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I have basically this same bike (including color) in an S5. I'm 6'2" and it is perfect size. Just FYI for anyone looking at sizing.

This is a great deal on an awesome bike. The color gets comments every time I'm out.

What's that bike like? The old Enduro was a total bruiser downhill in a straight line, but mediocre everywhere else. Kind of assuming the new edition is just as good DH but better everywhere else?
    However many are in a shit ton.

I demoed the new Enduro last year. It's a surprisingly good climber and IMO it felt like a mini downhill bike on the downs. I liked it a lot. I'm 5'11" and I rode the S3. It fit like a glove.

To add another data point, I’m 5’10” and ride an S3 and it feels perfect.

GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So you've been converted to xc racing?

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Yeah HMS, I only race flat switchbacks now! Shaving my legs as we speak!

To the other questions:

I actually rode an S3, and an S5 before I bought the S4. I'm exactly 6' tall, and could have gotten away with any of those three sizes, no problem, but the S4 was the best balance, for me. Probably would have sized up to S5 if I was just racing the fastest, burliest downhills, but I'm not. S3 was really, really fun on flow trails, but a little cramped for long pedals.

As far as ride quality: It's awesome. It's a big bike, and it feels like it, but it's totally manageable and fun on flatter beginner trails. It doesn't feel like it wallows too much in the mid stroke of the suspension, and it pedals really, really efficiently. I never felt like reaching for the lockout lever. I consistently felt like I was going slower than usual descending on this bike, and then Strava would tell me that I was actually going much faster than usual. It's so composed, I never got close to feeling the sharp end of its downhill capability.

I coached 6-11 year olds on very mellow trails on this bike last year, and never got too mad about it. I had it built up with light wheels and tires, with a shorter travel fork for most of last summer and loved it. Did everything from big exploratory rides in the backcountry to bike park laps on it. This spring I got a Spur so I threw on the thicker tires, insert, and longer fork to DH-ify it. As it's currently set up, it smashes harder than I ever will, but is still fine to pedal big days.

I'm biased, obviously, but this bike is pretty great, hence the lack of urgency to sell it.

I'm just here to say wtf specialized and their sizing! Jfc bike industry!
    I'm 6' even and the S4 does fit me perfectly in the Stumpy Evo model.

I like Specialized's sizing. Enough of the meaningless small / medium / large naming scheme. It's size 1 - 5. I'm just gonna look at the geo table anyways, so what that particular company calls a "medium" is fairly irrelevant. Up until recently, I had one bike that was a size small, one bike that was a size large, and a Specialized that was a size 3. The size small was the longest bike. The size large was the shortest bike, and the S3 was in the middle.

Anyways, 2 sentence Enduro review: pedals ridiculously well for a 170mm bike - pedals and climbs better than quite a few shorter travel bikes. Descends very well, but those great pedaling characteristics hold the suspension back a little bit when it comes to completely obliterating every little obstacle on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I like Specialized's sizing. Enough of the meaningless small / medium / large naming scheme. It's size 1 - 5. I'm just gonna look at the geo table anyways, so what that particular company calls a "medium" is fairly irrelevant. Up until recently, I had one bike that was a size small, one bike that was a size large, and a Specialized that was a size 3. The size small was the longest bike. The size large was the shortest bike, and the S3 was in the middle.
    That's fair, but the year previously they had a different scale. If they keep this one and never change it, then fine.

I've just been comfortable in a Large forever with all my bikes, so it's been relatively easy for me. But to your point, with the crazy geo's today, things have changed depending on your discipline.

I'm with Toast on this one. It makes a lot more sense to base what bike you buy based on geo, not some arbitrary "Size". Do people who spend 4k$+ on a bike really not look at the geo chart? Maybe I am just a nerd?

I knew when I was shopping for this bike that my last bike's reach was exactly halfway between the S3 and the S4. But I also knew that some guys my height were sizing up to the S5 for more stability. And with Specialized's sizing philosophy, I knew I could fit at least a 180 mm dropper in any of those three sizes, so instead of arbitrarily ending up on a bike because "I'm a Large, I'll always be a Large!" I had the flexibility to try a few different sizes and figure out which one works best for my riding style.

Anyway, this one is a S4, that's a 487 mm reach. Somebody should buy it, so that I can order a size Large from another brand that I chose not because the seat tube has an "L" on it, but because the reach and wheelbase are within a few mm of those numbers on this bike.

^well, let's not go too crazy with the special sauce shite. They came up with this random S shit, when in reality it's, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL.

And yeah, I'm still a Large.

^^^ Yup. Give it enough time and people will be saying "I'm a size 4. I've always been a size 4..."

2 sentence Enduro review: pedals ridiculously well for a 170mm bike - pedals and climbs better than quite a few shorter travel bikes. Descends very well, but those great pedaling characteristics hold the suspension back a little bit when it comes to completely obliterating every little obstacle on the trail.
    Bingo. It was just what I was looking for.

I’m really surprised this is still for sale…. Has the covid bike craze really died down?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

completely obliterating every little obstacle on the trail.
    This is what I'm looking for. Is that so wrong?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    This is what I'm looking for. Is that so wrong?
    It's what I'm looking for too. So I guess we can be wrong together.

I want

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I want
    I want to sell it to you! DM me!