Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Next day at Langley:

We need a multi-pronged approach for spreading this. McPhee, you get over to the TRGs. We've already got a pretty good nutter embedded over there, but we're afraid he's losing credibility by overplaying Tower 7 references, and we went you to start fresh. Maybe he can back you up later on, we'll see how it goes.

We want you to try the soft sell. Go in acting like this whole thing is totally impossible--tell em there's no such thing as a maser. Throw around some stuff anyone can debunk and make it look like nothing you say can be trusted while pitching the idea that we're making this up from whole cloth. You know, just describe exactly what's happening but make sure no one believes it.

You think you can pull it off?

Hmm. Yes, sir, I think so. But it won't be easy. I may need to meet a few of these people in Montana at some point, possibly at a few different mountains. Do we still have that safe house at the Yellowstone Club in case I need it?

Obviously. Anything else you might need?

I'll check my ski and boot quivers right away, sir. You'll have a list of expenses tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Next day at Langley:

We need a multi-pronged approach for spreading this. McPhee, you get over to the TRGs. We've already got a pretty good nutter embedded over there, but we're afraid he's losing credibility by overplaying Tower 7 references, and we went you to start fresh. Maybe he can back you up later on, we'll see how it goes.

We want you to try the soft sell. Go in acting like this whole thing is totally impossible--tell em there's no such thing as a maser. Throw around some stuff anyone can debunk and make it look like nothing you say can be trusted while pitching the idea that we're making this up from whole cloth. You know, just describe exactly what's happening but make sure no one believes it.

Hmm. Yes, sir, I think so. But it won't be easy. I may need to meet a few of these people in Montana at some point, possibly at a few different mountains. Do we still have that safe house at the Yellowstone Club in case I need it?

I'll check my ski and boot quivers right away, sir. You'll have a list of expenses tomorrow.
    Solid. Gold!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Shit-post on the net, and get an all-expense paid season w/new gear... how do I get that job?

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    That's what I think is happening, my bad if I implied the opposite. And that's what makes the situation so sad: the folks who have come forward, or at least the ones whose stories I've listened to, have been pretty upfront in stating they aren't looking for disability or medical retirement. Rather, they really just want some kind of treatment since it's so debilitating, which they weren't receiving access to (for whatever reasons) until the story came out.
    the latest press bump of fear stories coincided with passage of the HAVANA act so they could get treatment and $.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...nate-bill/1828
    Helping American Victims Afflicted by Neurological Attacks Act of 2021 or the HAVANA Act of 2021This bill specifically authorizes the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of State, and other agencies to provide payments to agency personnel who incur brain injuries from hostilities while on assignment.
    Specifically, the bill allows agency personnel and their families to receive payments for brain injuries that are incurred (1) during a period of assignment to a foreign or domestic duty station; (2) in connection with war, insurgency, hostile acts, terrorist activity, or other agency-designated incidents; and (3) not as the result of willful misconduct.
    The bill's authority applies to injuries incurred before, on, or after the date of the bill's enactment. Agencies must submit classified reports on the bill's implementation, including the number of payments made and the amount of each payment.
    Since 2016, some intelligence, diplomatic, and other governmental personnel have reported experiencing unusual cognitive and neurological impairments while on assignment (particularly abroad), the source of which is currently under investigation. Symptoms were first reported by personnel stationed in Cuba and have since been collectively referred to as Havana Syndrome.
    “Stories” are a stretch, these were more stenography or pr.

head injuries can be debilitating and no joke.

Next day at Langley:

lol

Well. Fucking. Played.

Next day at Langley:

I can expense shrooms, weed, and bourbon, yes? It’s for credibility’s sake at their invitational. I’m still a JONG as they say, have never met these folks IRL, and talk a lot of shit to some established mags as they call themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I can expense shrooms, weed, and bourbon, yes? It’s for credibility’s sake at their invitational. I’m still a JONG as they say, have never met these folks IRL, and talk a lot of shit to some established mags as they call themselves.
    Glad to see you're committing, we think you'll go far. If you need anything on the schedule 1 list please discuss that with your handler. Those conversations never happen. I didn't say that. We have no illegal supplies. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I hope I'm not that far out there.

Anyway, this guardian article has an interesting story about an earlier cluster of 2 cases.

That raises more questions about why the CIA and state department were so reluctant to believe their own officers could have been targeted by such weapons when cases appeared in Cuba and then China in 2018 and elsewhere around the world.

“The reality is that this has been an intelligence community issue for decades,” said Mark Zaid, a lawyer representing both Beck and Havana Syndrome victims.

An NSA statement declassified in 2014 for Beck’s work injury compensation case stated: “The National Security Agency confirms that there is intelligence information from 2012 associating the hostile country to which Mr Beck traveled in the late 1990’s, with a high powered microwave system weapon that may have the ability to weaken, intimidate or kill an enemy, over time, and without leaving evidence.

“The 2012 intelligence information indicated that this weapon is designed to bathe a target’s living quarters in microwaves, causing numerous physical effects, including a damaged nervous system.”

Beck is still not allowed to name the hostile country he visited in 1996, but said he and a colleague, Charles “Chuck” Gubete, had gone to make sure a US diplomatic building under construction was not bugged.

“It was a sensitive assignment,” Beck told the Guardian. “So we knew what we were getting into from the standpoint of the hostile country being a critical threat environment.”

On arrival, he and Gubete were detained at the airport and then put up in adjoining rooms in a budget hotel after their release.

On their second day on the project, they expanded their sweep to a neighbouring building and came across what he calls “a technical threat to the equity we were there to protect”.

They reported the device to their superiors and left it in place. The next day, they were passed a message from a local translator working with the Americans that the host country authorities, in Beck’s words, “had seen what we did and that was not a good thing”.

The next day, Beck said: “I woke up and I was really, really groggy. I was not able to wake up routinely. It was not a normal event. I had several cups of coffee and that didn’t do a thing to get me going.”

The symptoms passed by the time Beck and Gubete returned to the US. But 10 years later, when Beck was in the UK, on secondment to General Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), Britain’s NSA counterpart, he came down suddenly with crippling symptoms.

“The right side of my body started freezing up. I was limping and I couldn’t move my arm,” he said. He was referred to a neurologist who diagnosed Parkinson’s. At the time, Beck was 45.

Shortly afterwards, he was visiting NSA headquarters and happened to bump into Gubete. Beck was shocked by what he saw.

“He was walking like an old man,” he recalled. “He was slumped over and walking really awkwardly. I went up to him and said: ‘What’s going on?’”

Within a few days, Gubete, 55 at the time, was diagnosed with the same form of Parkinson’s disease as Beck.

“I’ve worked in counter-intelligence for the predominance of my career,” Beck said. “I thought this is not coincidental that we’re both presenting the same variant of Parkinson’s at the same time. This is not happenstance.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...acks-since-90s

How does one “bathe a target’s living quarters in microwaves” (fuckin lol) without affecting anyone else.

“I woke up really tired and coffee didn’t help. I’m under attack by communists” JFC

All a ruse to stoke conflict and increase budgets.

Faaaaaaaaake as fuuuuuuuuck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Let's all stand in a giant microwave oven: the last guy standing gets free beers!