Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, the glasses came in through the windshield while on the victim's face. From the released tapes of the police interview: "The agent told Ravnsborg that “the only way for them to get there is through the windshield...His face was in your windshield, Jason. Think about that.

As far as whether I ever look away from the road, if I think I might be outrunning my visibility, then no, eyes on the road.

Article says "but phone records showed it was locked at the moment of impact." Seems reasonable, but how do we know the moment of impact?
    Nah, the question is how do we know the time the phone was locked is the exactly the same as the moment of impact.

Because the phone records include the sound of impact?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Just because you are looking down at the moment of impact doesn't mean you have done anything wrong. Do we all keep our eyes on the road 100% of the time?
    I think I see the problem. These laws mention a reasonable person and you're substituting a "reasonable" American, or worse, yourself. No offense to you personally, but Americans can justify some amazingly stupid shit by asking themselves if they'd ever do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Because the phone records include the sound of impact?
    huh? He had 2 phones one locked 60 seconds, one locked 15 seconds before impact per
    https://www.blackhillsfox.com/2021/0...investigation/
    and per
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...fatal-n1258938
    its Just a delay between calling 911 and phone lock.

aka it’s bullshit.

Oh, well. Sometimes you see a question and you take a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

She's just a politician gauging what she thinks the people want. It's easy for politicians to throw prosecutors making tough calls under the bus.

I don't question the motives of someone who does the right thing. (Especially when it's me who did the right thing.)

Jalopnik: "The South Dakota Attorney General Who Killed A Guy With His Car Is Still Driving Like An Asshole"

https://jalopnik.com/the-south-dakot...ith-1847591654

16-y.o. driving F-350 hits six riders while attempting to roll coal on them. 4 hospitalized with serious injuries, two evac'ed by helicopter, multiple surgeries pending. It's a miracle that no one is dead. The entire incident was witnessed by another rider who had just been coal-rolled himself by the driver. The driver was not arrested, nor have any media outlets reported that he was even issued a traffic citation. Even by Texas standards this is completely fucking insane.

See link for witness interview and pics from the scene. The interview with the witness is chilling, “When I pulled up on the scene, I thought I was going to be pulling up to people that were dead.”
    https://www.fox26houston.com/news/pi...e-hospitalized

Jeeebuz ...... so many POSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    16-y.o. driving F-350 hits six riders while attempting to roll coal on them. 4 hospitalized with serious injuries, two evac'ed by helicopter, multiple surgeries pending. It's a miracle that no one is dead. The entire incident was witnessed by another rider who had just been coal-rolled himself by the driver. The driver was not arrested, nor have any media outlets reported that he was even issued a traffic citation. Even by Texas standards this is completely fucking insane.

See link for witness interview and pics from the scene. The interview with the witness is chilling, “When I pulled up on the scene, I thought I was going to be pulling up to people that were dead.”
    https://www.fox26houston.com/news/pi...e-hospitalized
    Look, a person who should never drive again.

Love how it takes multiple paragraphs to get to it being t fault of a 16 year old rolling coal dickwad, not a pickup truck

I saw that article, and the way they kept talking about "the pickup truck" hitting a bunch of cyclists pissed me off. How do they cover a stabbing? "A butcher knife stabbed a recently-divorced woman 23 times in her head and torso in her home in Waller over the weekend." Fuckers.

You guys know the "SUV killed the pedestrian" was a Rush Limbaugh routine in the 90s, right?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    You guys know the "SUV killed the pedestrian" was a Rush Limbaugh routine in the 90s, right?
    No. Fuck him. Fuck you too.

So? Not sure what point you're making.

Yeah, there are a lot of points that can be made from that - How Fox has become "The Meedia" ppl like to criticize, How ersatz and shopworn amateur media criticism has become in this graceless age, How road bikers resemble dumbass Dittoheads in the degree of their mindless conformity...But my point is if that typa shit is what passes for wit in road biker circles, a lot more of y'all gonna have to get runded over before you wise up and start using the bike paths.

Speaking of graceless.

That particular example was especially egregious, but Fox is far from being the only media outlet that uses that language when covering collisions. The tool is not the agent - as your buds in the NRA might say, cars don't kill people, people kill people.

Yeah, there are a lot of points that can be made from that - How Fox has become "The Meedia" ppl like to criticize, How ersatz and shopworn amateur media criticism has become in this graceless age, How road bikers resemble dumbass Dittoheads in the degree of their mindless conformity...But my point is if that typa shit is what passes for wit in road biker circles, a lot more of y'all gonna have to get runded over before you wise up and start using the bike paths.
    Not a road biker, will never be a road biker. Eat shit, loser.

drinking the sterno again welfare queen?

But my point is if that typa shit is what passes for wit in road biker circles, a lot more of y'all gonna have to get runded over before you wise up and start using the bike paths.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there is not a well-developed network of bike paths in Waller County, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there is not a well-developed network of bike paths in Waller County, TX.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...tgt?li=BBnb7Kz

A 16-year-old pickup driver hit multiple cyclists on Saturday morning near Waller, Texas, a city just west of Houston. The teenager struck six cyclists in all, and two of them were airlifted to local hospitals to treat shoulder, neck and back injuries; one cyclist suffered head trauma, according to KTRK. Police questioned the teenager afterwards, but didn’t arrest or otherwise detain him.

The teenager was driving a Ford F-Series Super Duty pickup, and had been harassing the cyclists earlier by “rolling coal,”or blowing a noxious cloud of black exhaust from your truck tailpipe.
    THAT was not an accident.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"