Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Don't forget, that Republican bike rider owns a gun and will shoot at the first sign that you are infringing on their freedumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Meanwhile, all I need to legally haul muh $400,000 36' long 12' wide Duckworth recreational offshore fishing penis with 3x250 Hondas is a OVERSIZE banner on my 40' $220,000 diesel pusher motorhome. And that section of road along the Lake is horribly substandard, lacking shoulders, sight distance, extra width in curves, and access limits...and it hasn't had a new coat of asphalt in 22 years...

Of course I realize the solution to this inherently dangerous bicycling environment is a cycling-only suspension causeway down the middle of Kenai Lake [with a monorail bullet train], but that's the headwaters of the Kenai River, and it's over 100 fathoms deep in places, calling for long spans between cable towers and lots of extra environmental bullshit "to protect the wittle salmon" which really adds cost to the job, if you know what I mean... But it's a nonissue because a large component of road bikers will find some way the Trillion Dollar Bridge is inconvenient, or a half mile out of their way, or they're just over it and would rather ride the roads with the amateur RVers and boaters...

Attachment 381893
    Ask HA about revising his gun rights & whether he needs to answer to anyone in that regard.
    He has subtly different opinion on that than he's expressing here regarding well-established bike rights in the ROW.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Ask HA about revising his gun rights & whether he needs to answer to anyone in that regard.
    He has subtly different opinion on that than he's expressing here regarding well-established bike rights in the ROW.

Your utter dumbfoundment to the contrary, no one has a constitutionally protected right to use the roads. It's a privilege that can be denied by any local magistrate.

I think the "constitutionally protected" bit is the crux for you.

here's a quarter
    call your mama & tell her projection is your strongest suit

“Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well; I belonged to it, and labored with it. It deserved well of its country. It was very like the present, but without the experience of the present; and forty years of experience in government is worth a century of book-reading; and this they would say themselves, were they to rise from the dead. I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

― Thomas Jefferson
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Jefferson belonged to an age when people had a quaint belief in moral, political, and social progress. These days I fear that the arc of the moral universe Dr. King talked about ends in a pot of gold as illusory as the one at the end of the rainbow.

Since a core of skinny-wheeled ass massagers here, for want of an effective argument pro clowns on bikes defeating the metal, seems determined to change the subject and purity test one of the more forceful antiFump loudmouth fuckheads this forum ever bred...Let me take the time from more important matters, pro bono, to remind them that there is a method to amend the foundational canon of American law to be found within the documents themselves. And if one wishes to prohibit liquor or guns or automobiles or child-abusing road bikers nationwide, as if America were as homogeneous as a minor Dutch province ... the road is well marked. Have at it.

IOW: Wrong Thread JONGs

I would, but I don’t think I could hear him over his choking on conservative talking points and self-aggrandizing wealth slobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    People just like to bitch and argue about stuff.
    I did a bicycle-borne as-built engineering survey of a large chemical plant when I was just starting out. They made vinyl chloride monomer and had an impressive rail yard.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I would, but I don’t think I could hear him over his choking on conservative talking points and self-aggrandizing wealth slobber.
    Highangle conservative. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Highangle conservative. Heh.
    jackattack, you don't spend much time in PA [be proud of that]

but, yeah, he hearts uncle joe & is a vigorous gun proponent, nttawwt

he does seem to be trying to own the asshole schtick, for sure

"Vigorous gun proponent" heh

"Vigorous gun proponent" heh
    “It is... awesome! I mean I've only had mine for like a few months, but I'll tell you, it's like having two cocks. If one of your cocks could kill someone.”

jackattack, you don't spend much time in PA [be proud of that]

but, yeah, he hearts uncle joe & is a vigorous gun proponent, nttawwt

he does seem to be trying to own the asshole schtick, for sure
    Fair enough, probably just my implicit bias bubbling to the surface from my experiences cycling in rural areas having been run off the road more than once by ignorant coal rolling fuckwits. I hardly ever ride on the road anymore, despite it being my legal privilege, because it’s just not worth being flattened by a distracted or impatient, heartless, self centered person isolated in a steel cage with powered hydraulic brakes and 400 hp at their feet. If the inconvenience of my recreation and exercise slowing them down for a few seconds or a minute of their precious time is gonna cost me my life I choose to acquiesce to their ego, but that doesn’t make them right.

Don’t kill anyone. Share the road.

I’m out.

It's all about doing the safe thing.

How your blood pressure Brah?

Really good for my age and bone mass, but I haven't been playin' chicken with traffic in quite a while.

You should take your own advice.

(You know...I have this image in my mind that Highangle is actually Lance Armstrong or Katie Compton...he's just trolling all of us. Once revealed, we'll all say "well done, sir! Well done!!!)
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

2903 miles of bike routes added in 5 states

https://snowbrains.com/us-bicycle-ro...s-in-5-states/

What's a bike route? The bike routes I'm familiar with are streets and roads without bike lanes--separated or otherwise--that are considered good for cycling for one reason or another. I'm not sure what criteria are used to select them.

Name:  dad-meme.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  230.9 KB

This thread proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that the ratio of assholes to registered users on this forum is about 0.9999:1. JFC, I've never seen anyplace so chock full of detestable human beings of all stripes. Despicable.

Yet, here you are….

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This thread proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that the ratio of assholes to registered users on this forum is about 0.9999:1. JFC, I've never seen anyplace so chock full of detestable human beings of all stripes. Despicable.

Hey buddy, I didn't pay $11000 for this road bike to ride it on the plebe paths!

Re: biking during COVID…

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/15/e2024399118

The COVID-19 crisis has led to important changes in transport behavior in 2020 (1). Early evidence points to shifts from public transport to car use as users have reacted to the pandemic (2). Governments have incentivized cycling as a low-cost, sustainable, equitable, and space-saving mode of transport that reduces the risk of COVID-19 transmission. A key measure has been the redistribution of street space in cities to create provisional bike infrastructure typically marked and protected by materials readily available from road construction companies. As of July 8, 2020, 2,000 km of these infrastructure changes had been announced in European cities (3).

Transport mode choices are influenced by a variety of behavioral effects that make people stick to their habits, such as status quo bias, default effects, and time-inconsistent preferences (4). This complicates the task of policymakers to encourage people to cycle, particularly in the short run. However, major disruptions to public transport, such as strikes, cause people to reconsider their habits (5) and the provision of dedicated infrastructure has been identified as an important means to increase cycling (6). Thus, the fast provision of new bike infrastructure during the COVID-19 pandemic is a suitable policy experiment to investigate the responsiveness of cycling under conducive conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    So... nearly 50:50 sounds pretty good compared to the Rest of humanity.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.