Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Also IMO Street League style skate comps are boring to begin with. If they really want to make it legit for the Olympics they should give each team a week of King of the Road style challenges.
    Yeah, I would love to see longboarding in the Olympics. Flippy spinny stuff is cool and all, but bombing a steep hill with lots of turns would be way more interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see longboarding in the Olympics. Flippy spinny stuff is cool and all, but bombing a steep hill with lots of turns would be way more interesting to watch.
    In traffic, running red lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Crazy that these 120lb women are picking up ~275 lbs and lifting it straight overhead. Kind of boggles my mind. (I weigh 100lbs more and can deadlift that amount, but I can't imagine getting it to my shoulders, let alone pressing it overhead) Can't wait for the mens weightlifting finals.

Awesome watching the Filipino girl win the first ever gold medal for her country by lifting that absurd amount of weight.
    Yea nuts. And holy fuck are the judges strict. I have no idea why some lifts were disqualified.

Clean and jerking 2.2x your body weight is insane. Crazy thing too is that those women (or any Olympic lifters) don’t deadlift much more than they clean and jerk. Their max deadlift is likely only about 20-25% more than they can lift overhead, thanks to their incredible form.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Clean and jerking 2.2x your body weight is insane. Crazy thing too is that those women (or any Olympic lifters) don’t deadlift much more than they clean and jerk. Their max deadlift is likely only about 20-25% more than they can lift overhead, thanks to their incredible form.
    Besides form/mechanics Oly lifting is all about speed. Insane amounts of power in the strict physics sense where P = W/t

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Yea nuts. And holy fuck are the judges strict. I have no idea why some lifts were disqualified.
    Thinking that same thing as I watched. The girl got the weight off the ground and got it straight overhead for several seconds.
    Seems like it should count!?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Crazy that these 120lb women are picking up ~275 lbs and lifting it straight overhead. Kind of boggles my mind. (I weigh 100lbs more and can deadlift that amount, but I can't imagine getting it to my shoulders, let alone pressing it overhead) Can't wait for the mens weightlifting finals.

Awesome watching the Filipino girl win the first ever gold medal for her country by lifting that absurd amount of weight.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1419693440917454849
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In traffic, running red lights.
    Style points for going under semis on the way down, though I kind of prefer the objectivity of a timed event.

Also, did you guys see the Chinese male lifter who won with a one-legged lift? That was crazy.

Van Der Poel over the bars. "I didn't know the ramp from practice wouldn't be there."

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.40.11 PM.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	380577

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Van Der Poel over the bars. "I didn't know the ramp from practice wouldn't be there."

Ouch

Yeah that crash looked pretty brutal. Amazingly, the guy got up and raced for another half an hour or so

Holy shit. Men’s floor exercise.

Someone needs to get those guys on skis!
    . . .

Wow, Phelps beard is FUKD. Giant chunk longer than everything else hanging off his right cheek.

I've been known to rock some unkempt beards, but seriously.. who let's someone on TV looking like that?

LYDIA JACOBY WINS GOLD!

The 17-year-old from Alaska has DONE IT for @TeamUSA! #TokyoOlympics x @USASwimming

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...46518056669186

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post

So terrible, him and Cink.

Utter dominance for the last four laps up front though, like a man racing juniors

Still not sure how he didn’t get the memo they were removing the ramp. From what I’ve read it seems like they made that known several times, apparently it sunk in with the rest of the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man NBC fucked us (again). Skipped the All Blacks doing the Haka before the game with Australia

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    LYDIA JACOBY WINS GOLD!

The 17-year-old from Alaska has DONE IT for @TeamUSA! #TokyoOlympics x @USASwimming

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...46518056669186
    That was awesome. Knocked Lily King down a couple notches.

Simone Biles < Snowflakes
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Biles may have delivered the ultimate FU to USA Gymnastics by giving it her best shot and coming apart under the pressure. Couldn't have been clearer if she'd done it on purpose.

Like Kramer said "If you don't make [her] happy the work suffers and then nobody's happy."

Every 4 years we gloat when someone from an authoritarian athlete factory cracks under the pressure because we know exploitation can't produce real excellence. The chickens are home.

I think the one year delay, Covid, and all the usual pressures to perform have had a devastating effect on quite a few athletes. There's zero chance any of us can have any idea what it's like to be Naomi Osaka or Simone Biles.

She’s getting old.

But still super bangable.

Too bad she struggled. It’s insane at that level.

I bet she could clear chads gap
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    But still super bangable.
    Can you imagine?? She takes the term "spinner" to a whole nother level

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think the one year delay, Covid, and all the usual pressures to perform have had a devastating effect on quite a few athletes. There's zero chance any of us can have any idea what it's like to be Naomi Osaka or Simone Biles.
    Particularly Biles. The GOAT talk may be nothing if she felt compelled to continue just to be a rep for the other survivors who still haven't gotten an independent investigation of the org. That's way too many layers to expect that kind of focus.

US v Spain Beach volleyball on NBC right now.

One of the Spanish players would make booner proud.

I'm a little distracted and stretching out my lunch break.

just sayin..

Edit: Her name is Elsa Baquerizo and apparently the internet is already familiar with her.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 07-27-2021 at 10:54 AM.