Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sorry, but the only person around here who should be talking about "wankers" and "wanking" is PNWBrit. Also "kit", "back foot/front foot", and a few more that seem to be sneaking into Americanese--people watching too much PBS?
    "kit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    "kit"?
    don't judge him because he named it "kit"
    Man this lead climbing is pretty sick
    looking forward to catching up on the climbing later after work today

Cool to see climbing. Sick routes.

"kit"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    don't judge him because he named it "kit"

looking forward to catching up on the climbing later after work today
    I went to HS with a dude named Kit.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Spent a few months with a girl in college named Kit…short for Kitty….short for Katherine. Yes, she was a redhead….and yes, I screwed up…she was hot. No, I don’t have pics, cameras weren’t invented yet….lol.

Pics or it didn't happen

Pics or it didn't happen
    All I got is memories…….haha.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Norwegian dude is fast but no Viking. Loser couldn’t even rip apart a super lightweight track jersey. If you’re going to try going full hulk you better pull it off
    Even the hulk knows, you pre-cut the neck part of the shirt if you're gonna rip it off!! the part where its reinforced and hardest to rip

But yeah that dude does look like kind of a psycho. Everybody is calling that race "one of, if not the best, head to head race in the history of the Olympics". Pretty heady title. It was a good race though, I've seen it 3 or 4 times now

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    To me, SLC seemed like one of the few cities that benefited from hosting the Olympics (if you consider economic and population growth a good thing). SLC is probably the best venue for Winter Olympics in North America and will probably host multiple Winter Olympics going forward. For winter Olympics in particular, there are not that many places that have everything you need make it a good host, so they are always putting them in places with barely enough snow or vert to host (Vancouver, Sochi, Beijing).
    “Everything you need” being hookers, blow and a grocery bag full of cash for the IOC voters? 2022 was a choice between Beijing and Almaty. Almaty has mountains at the door.

Great featherweight boxing match - Duke Reagan moves on to the Gold medal match for the USA

Keyshawn Davis also moving on to the gold medal match for the US! Another good fight in the lights!

All 4 US fighters now on to medal fights. Best showing for US fighters since '00 in Sydney

Man, it’s crazy how dissociated I am with the games this time around. Literally zero interest in tuning in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Man, it’s crazy how dissociated I am with the games this time around. Literally zero interest in tuning in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Going to be some great track and field this evening. Great competition and performances and all the athletes look like they're having a good time.

NBC paid $7.5 billion for the Games. What a waste of money.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Man I keep hearing "he was born in Florida to Jamaican parents and is competing for Jamaica" or "She was born in California but chose to represent Panama to honor her mother"

How many "foreign" competitors are *actually* American?? I'd love to know

Man I keep hearing "he was born in Florida to Jamaican parents and is competing for Jamaica" or "She was born in California but chose to represent Panama to honor her mother"

Maybe more Olympic “Americans” that were born in another country than visa versa.

A few years ago, this article stated ~8.5% 47 out of 500+ US Olympians were immigrants: https://www.cato.org/blog/immigrant-olympians

About 40 in 2012 also: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/428337/

Well that doesn't give the opposite, how many "foreigners" are actually American-born and/or Americans. I'm willing to bet its far higher than 7 or 8%

Anybody watching speed climbing on right now?? This is some crazy shit. These chicks look like fucking spider man scrambling up the wall in sub- 9 seconds

That happens a lot in track. Typically because the US trials are soooo difficult and deep with runners that if you have a slightly off race you could miss qualifying. It is less of a gamble to qualify via countries that aren't so deep with talent.

I'm not completely sure why the world record holding "Swedish" pole vaulter, who is actually from Louisiana (LA dad- Swedish mother) chose to represent SWE instead of the US. Although it may be partly the same reasoning. The US has several vaulters that could beat him on an off day. If that off day was at the trials, he'd be at home watching the Olympics right now.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

The womens 400m hurdles was just as good as the mens. Holy shit this track is fast.

Men's 200 was exciting as well. 4 US runners (if you count the young guy from MN who is running for Liberia) in the top 5.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The womens 400m hurdles was just as good as the mens. Holy shit this track is fast.

Men's 200 was exciting as well. 4 US runners (if you count the young guy from MN who is running for Liberia) in the top 5.
    With the multiple world record beating and new PRs by 4-5 of 8 runners in the final races, I too am wondering if there is something about the track that is helping...like maybe its short (jk)...? Especially given the heat...usually performance suffers in these conditions.

Well that doesn't give the opposite, how many "foreigners" are actually American-born and/or Americans. I'm willing to bet its far higher than 7 or 8%
    There's a guy I know through masters swimming who tried to make it to Tokyo representing Guinea-Bissau at age 50. Got as far as traveling to Japan, but wasn't able to swim. I suspect he'll swim in Paris unless they change the rules to bar him from doing so: https://swimswam.com/court-of-arbitr...race-in-tokyo/

He's a fast 50 year old, but he's a 50 year old. He'll finish dead last in any event he enters unless there's someone else who gets in via the same method.

I think the pro athletes have nailed their training and competition schedule with an assist from covid. The collegiate athletes are coming off a long season of indoor and outdoor are not performing as well.

Lazy Ass Joe Fucking Useless Critic. Look it up and tell us then. Good God - do some work instead of guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Maybe more Olympic “Americans” that were born in another country than visa versa.

A few years ago, this article stated ~8.5% 47 out of 500+ US Olympians were immigrants: https://www.cato.org/blog/immigrant-olympians

About 40 in 2012 also: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/428337/
    at least in ski racing there have been Olympic competitors who could never qualify for a WC race representing some country where they don't even have snow

In a WC you got all the best skiers in the world no matter what country but at the olympics where it is harder to win a medal than at a WC mostly cuz its only every 4 yr you only got what 3 representing a skiing power and then you got yer "eddy the eagle's "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Don't diss Eddie. Dude had some balls.

sure when they point a Camera down the ramp on the 90 meter I would have to agree Ed has large ones but would they get him into a WC event ?

some nothing competitor went down in the super G at our gate probably hurt or re-hurt a knee so Skaardal the FIS guy skis over and yells at her to get off the course which i thot was kind of harsh but buddy Tom the racer/ offical who has worked many races pointed out yeah everyone has injuries but she was way over her head in an olympic race for the afformentioned reasons and she needs to get off cuz they don't wana stop a race

we are talking millions here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know