Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    His name is Rowdy, what did you expect?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fair point.

Meanwhile over on CNBC, the BMX guys are blowing my mind.. double back flips, back flips w double tail whips & bar spins, 360 triple tail whips, no-hand front flips, 720 can-cans & 720 tail whips... just, crazy shit. My brain can't even keep up with what these guys are doing in the air. Amazing.

edit: the *forward BIKE FLIP*?? my brain just exploded

The swimming relay was pretty cool though

Yeah I saw that too. US defends its undefeated record in a pretty tight & exciting race

The triathlon relay was pretty cool. But I think they should have a triathlon relay where each leg is done by a different athlete. Be pretty cool to see Katie Ledecky do the swim, Chloe Dygert bike, and Elise Cranny run.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Still don't understand fencing. Two people face off, lunge at each other, then they both make huge claims, then look around while someone else sorts out the point.
    Lol, foil and saber have right of way. I could never keep track of attacks, counter attacks blah blah blah during each point. Epee “mimics a real life duel” and does not right of way plus the whole body is a target. I really enjoyed epee.

Tokyo Olympic Survive COVID Games 2021

Dong Dong wins 4th Olympic medal.
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 07-31-2021 at 10:04 PM.

I guess the US coaches screwed up the mixed medley relay. Apparently the biggest difference between men's and women's times is in breast stroke so everyone but the US had a man swimming breast. And apparently the goggle incident wasn't to blame--Jacoby's split was only 0.1 second off her gold medal time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I guess the US coaches screwed up the mixed medley relay. Apparently the biggest difference between men's and women's times is in breast stroke so everyone but the US had a man swimming breast. And apparently the goggle incident wasn't to blame--Jacoby's split was only 0.1 second off her gold medal time.
    Yes, they fucked that up big time. How can you not just add up everyone's times as a first pass? It was abundantly clear that you shouldn't have a woman swimming breast where the differential is greatest between the men and the women.

They also fucked up the men's 4x200 by leaving Dressel off. Dressel, by the way, lived up to the hype. Dude was damn near perfection in Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    "Dong blocked from going #1 by Belorussian."
    "Dong fills the number 2 spot."
    "Dong, when asked if he will retire, responds 'that was just the tip.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    BMX freestyle looked pretty bad ass last night. It was on in the background (I wasn't home) so I wasn't able to really pay as much attention to it as I wanted, but I saw some pretty stellar tricks being thrown, lots of back flips - a 720 or two?? Wish I could catch the replay of that event, but haven't been able to find it on demand.
    All you need to know:

https://mobile.twitter.com/buawts/st...73370135928837
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Dong Dong got robbed. He was hitting the target consistently and his kick outs were razor sharp - while the eventual gold winner almost ate shit off the side.

Dong Dong coulda upped the difficulty of his routine and then flailed all over the trampoline like the other guy if that was all that mattered.

It was a storybook ending waiting to be written by him getting the gold - his 4th medal in his 4th Olympics. I was furious with the judges and so sad for Dong.

(For the record this was the first and only 12 minutes of trampoline competition I have and likely will ever watch.)

Women's rugby was superbly entertaining
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The triathlon relay was pretty cool. But I think they should have a triathlon relay where each leg is done by a different athlete. Be pretty cool to see Katie Ledecky do the swim, Chloe Dygert bike, and Elise Cranny run.

Agree.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hmmm, weird big brother shit from a former Soviet block country ? Shit like this happens pretty routinely in quite a few "free" countries. Usually they just disappear for awhile then come back with a permanent drool and a vacant look in your eyes followed by a lifetime of nightmares.

Which "free" countries?

Fair point. The ones with black sites and/or a long term lease in Cuba usually don't have people who can catch their domestic sprinters.

US Men’s Volleyball spiked the fuck out.

Forza Italia!

Pretty exciting boxing semi-final matches. US super heavy fighter hands Cuba their first loss in this Olympics

Which "free" countries?
    Russia, South Korea until about 20 years ago., most small African democracies. You try to embarrass your domestic policies on a global level and weird shit happens to you.

Katie Ledecky on retiring from swimming. (She's 24)
    https://www.insider.com/katie-ledeck...is-2024-2021-7

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Russia...
    Lost me there

The women's BMX freestyle delivered yesterday. We had zero expectations, but the duel between Hanna Roberts (US) and Charlotte Worthington (UK) was great. Both seemed to be riding head and shoulders above the other athletes. Will probably watch the men's on delay today; looking forward to bigger and crazier airs.