Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 619
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    4,872
    US v Spain Beach volleyball on NBC right now.

    One of the Spanish players would make booner proud.

    I'm a little distracted and stretching out my lunch break.

    just sayin..


    Edit: Her name is Elsa Baquerizo and apparently the internet is already familiar with her.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 07-27-2021 at 10:54 AM.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    4,872
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f3812f95d220bd0986cb3b421e8b19bd.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	380649

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think the one year delay, Covid, and all the usual pressures to perform have had a devastating effect on quite a few athletes. There's zero chance any of us can have any idea what it's like to be Naomi Osaka or Simone Biles.
    Or they are otherwise known as quitters.
    Live Free or Die

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,361
    24 is old for a gymnast. And she's starting to realize that if she's not spot on she can get seriously hurt.
    Last edited by old goat; 07-27-2021 at 11:29 AM.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Or they are otherwise known as quitters.
    Yeah, whatever.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,118
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    24 is old for a gymnast.
    The coaches lose interest?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,643
    Good article on Vancouver, Wash., native Jordan Chiles, who was thrown into the lineup when Biles went down. And she nearly brought USA back to the gold.

    Thrown into the lineup in a pressure-packed situation, Chiles, 20, gave the Americans a chance with a solid score of 14.666 on the vault. On the uneven bars,
    Chiles delivered a spectacular 14.166-point showing in relief of Biles, complementing teammate Suni Lee’s near-perfect 15.4 to bring the U.S. back within striking distance of gold.

    Pumping her fist and screaming “let’s go,” Chiles motioned to the small crowd – reduced to fellow gymnasts on the men’s side because of COVID-19 measures – and shouted.

    Losing Biles, Chiles said, was comparable to the Chicago Bulls losing Michael Jordan during the NBA Finals.

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...es-early-exit/

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,643
    Imagine how pumped you'd be if your 17 year old high school classmate in your butfuck middle of no where town was the first Alaskan to make it to the Olympics in swimming, one of only ten Alaskans ever to compete in the Olympics, and she unexpectedly ends up winning gold. This is what the Olympics is all about.

    https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...reaststroke%2F

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Imagine how pumped you'd be if your 17 year old high school classmate in your butfuck middle of no where town was the first Alaskan to make it to the Olympics in swimming, one of only ten Alaskans ever to compete in the Olympics, and she unexpectedly ends up winning gold. This is what the Olympics is all about.

    https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...reaststroke%2F
    Most of these "here's her family and friends watching at home" bits have been awful, but this one is incredible. Jacoby seems like a great kid, too.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    24 is old for a gymnast. And she's starting to realize that if she's not spot on she can get seriously hurt.
    Yep: meaningful gymnastic days are coming to an end. Nobody escapes the dialing back.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Can you imagine?? She takes the term "spinner" to a whole nother level
    Two words to consider .... vagina muscles

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Or they are otherwise known as quitters.
    what radical alt reich talking head put this venomous statement in your grey matter? or are you this hateful in general?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,124
    Easy sailor, its just gymnastics but quitting has a definition and that is exactly what Biles did.
    Live Free or Die

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    what radical alt reich talking head put this venomous statement in your grey matter? or are you this hateful in general?
    Does everything have a political angle to you?

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lost in Time
    Posts
    324
    It must be soooo tiring to be triggered all the time by everything! Get a fucking grip!

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,124
    For what its worth, it is the fact that she quit on her team that grinds my gears. If this was the individual events that's her prerogative but she fucked over what is probably the only chance most of the rest of that team will have at a gold medal and that is fucked up in my book.
    Live Free or Die

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    For what its worth, it is the fact that she quit on her team that grinds my gears. If this was the individual events that's her prerogative but she fucked over what is probably the only chance most of the rest of that team will have at a gold medal and that is fucked up in my book.
    From interview:

    The four-times Olympic champion explained that she decided not to compete as she had been struggling mentally in recent days and after a difficult opening vault, so she decided that she wanted to “take a back seat” with full faith in her teammates to win a medal. When asked later what her goal was for these Games, Biles replied: “To focus on my wellbeing. You know there’s more to life than just gymnastics.”…

    But speaking after the competition, Biles told reporters: “After that vault, I was like: ‘I’m not in the right headspace, I’m not going to lose a medal for this country and for these girls’ because they worked way too hard for me to go out there and have them lose a medal.”

    Biles said that her workout on the morning before she was due to compete was “OK” but during the five-and-a-half-hour wait her composure deteriorated: “I was just shaking and I could barely nap. I’ve just never felt like this going into a competition before and I tried to go out here and have fun. Warmup at the back went a little bit better but once I came out here I was like: ‘No, mental is not there so I just need to let the girls do it and focus on myself.’”

    There is no "I" in team...

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    For what its worth, it is the fact that she quit on her team that grinds my gears. If this was the individual events that's her prerogative but she fucked over what is probably the only chance most of the rest of that team will have at a gold medal and that is fucked up in my book.
    I feel you bro. It's like when a football player gets an injury but stays in the game at 50% level and helps the team to lose the game. The least Biles could have done was stay in the match and get team USA 4th place.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I feel you bro. It's like when a football player gets an injury but stays in the game at 50% level and helps the team to lose the game. The least Biles could have done was stay in the match and get team USA 4th place.
    I am happy she stepped aside and let an alternate take a shot at it after listening to the post comp interview.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Does everything have a political angle to you?
    from ar's brain it is. he is one of the most biased people here

    turn on am radio, or watch fox news, then youll understand

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    It must be soooo tiring to be triggered all the time by everything! Get a fucking grip!
    nope snowflake, just the facts, the gop is vile and full of hate. ive been listening to some, its become fascist

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,368
    Biles needed a non performance enhancing gummy bear
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    from ar's brain it is. he is one of the most biased people here

    turn on am radio, or watch fox news, then youll understand
    Does everything have a political angle to you?

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am happy she stepped aside and let an alternate take a shot at it after listening to the post comp interview.
    Yep, she doesn't have that massive amount of test running through her blood (AFAIK), and realized she was a liability at that point and had the courage to say so to her coaches.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    742

    Tokyo Olympic Survive COVID Games 2021

    Biles still has the all-around and 4 apparatus finals to compete in if she’s feeling better. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •