Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tokyo Olympic Survive COVID Games 2021

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Boomer thinks he'll get some street cred dropping a place he hasn't been to in decades.
    Who the fuck are you?

https://youtu.be/9cSRtaNi0nU

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Women’s Road Race was something special. The finish didn’t make a lot of sense till I read the follow up articles about Van Vleuten’s assumptions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My cousin is a cycling coach who helped Kiesenhofer with some training prior to her olympic qualifying and she posted in his IG feed about it after the race, which was pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRxFtTJM...dium=copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Who the fuck are you?
    The Who sucks boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Women’s Road Race was something special. The finish didn’t make a lot of sense till I read the follow up articles about Van Vleuten’s assumptions
    Job #1 in a race without radios - count the number of riders in the break. You'd think they would have gotten info from the team car though, or a coach on the sidelines.

Great job by Kiesenhofer capitalizing on the Dutch mistake.

Years ago a former teammate (and ex-Olympian) was racing Corestates in Philly - the race ended with a bunch of finishing laps around a 3-4 mile loop. They sprinted for the win, won the sprint, hands in the air ... then realized that they had miscounted and there was still one lap to go.

Men’s tap dancing heat 2. My countrymen are not used to Pocari Sweat.

Anyone know when the womens, i mean open, weight lifting is? Excited to see the kiwi white dude dominate the ladies in strength. Anything women can do, white men can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Anyone know when the womens, i mean open, weight lifting is? Excited to see the kiwi white dude dominate the ladies in strength. Anything women can do, white men can do better!
    Looks like you're just here to post dumb shit. Congrats on that achievement.

okay boomer
    Boomer thinks he'll get some street cred dropping a place he hasn't been to in decades.
    The Who sucks boomer.
    Arent you like, 68? Not sure you can call others "boomer" derogatorily when you are one yourself

Man the girls in the skateboarding street look like a bunch of 12 year olds

edit: I guess they *are* a bunch of 12 year olds lol (average age of podium, 14)

Yeah, just watched that. 13, 14 and 14, all three on the podium. Good for them, but compared with the men I have to say the tricks looked like they were being done by kids. (Not unlike FWT women's snowboarding, although their average age is a bit higher)

Also IMO Street League style skate comps are boring to begin with. If they really want to make it legit for the Olympics they should give each team a week of King of the Road style challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Arent you like, 68?
    That would be a no and not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Looks like you're just here to post dumb shit. Congrats on that achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Yeah, just watched that. 13, 14 and 14, all three on the podium. Good for them, but compared with the men I have to say the tricks looked like they were being done by kids. (Not unlike FWT women's snowboarding, although their average age is a bit higher)
    JPH. Can’t you see you’re a woman hater for saying that men are more athletic than women.

Go watch some WNBA and take a lap

Title nine is dead
    . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_in_the_Water_match

You remember watching this, doncha goat?
    Besides my being 6 at the time, the 1956 Summer Olympics were not broadcast in North America. So I missed it. Olympics broadcasting started with the 1960 Winter Games--just in time for the first Miracle on Ice--another Cold War milestone. I missed that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    the umlaut might be a level of sophistication inappropriate for the tgr zeitgeist
    Hah. When I typed naive I got a spellcheck. It looked right to me but I spell checked it anyway and got the umlaut. Try it. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Besides my being 6 at the time, the 1956 Summer Olympics were not broadcast in North America. So I missed it. Olympics broadcasting started with the 1960 Winter Games--just in time for the first Miracle on Ice--another Cold War milestone. I missed that one too.
    Jesus you're old.

Hah. When I typed naive I got a spellcheck. It looked right to me but I spell checked it anyway and got the umlaut. Try it. It's fun.
    It's ok, it's not an umlaut. It's a diaeresis.

Jesus you're old.
    Jesus only made it to 33.
    Skiing my age (number of days) gets harder every year. Shoulda stuck with golf.

Ummm did the US beach volleyball chick just wipe her fucking mouth on the American flag???

Jesus only made it to 33.
    He was only dead for a few days. And he couldn't hit a 1 iron either, just like his old man.

He was only dead for a few days. And he couldn't hit a 1 iron either, just like his old man.
    Could he hit a curveball?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Could he hit a curveball?
    Aguilar is having a pretty good year!

Crazy that these 120lb women are picking up ~275 lbs and lifting it straight overhead. Kind of boggles my mind. (I weigh 100lbs more and can deadlift that amount, but I can't imagine getting it to my shoulders, let alone pressing it overhead) Can't wait for the mens weightlifting finals.

Awesome watching the Filipino girl win the first ever gold medal for her country by lifting that absurd amount of weight.