Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Our closest friends are in Germany, but somehow I can't make myself root for the Germans.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628364917.648200.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	573.0 KB 
ID:	381744
    Dunno if I would have rooted for this German woman, but would’ve liked to see her run 4x400. Made the team, went to Tokyo, but was not selected to run. Guess her best event is raising temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL! All they need to do is make Bronc riding an Olympic sport.
    Naw .... cutting the herd, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    The best cavalry ever were the Comanche, pre-Colt, of course . . . those Genghis Khan might want to argue the point.

https://scgwynne.com/product/empire-of-the-summer-moon
    I’d definitely take the Mongols. A “scouting party” of 20,000 mongols basically defeated most of west Asian / far Eastern Europe. And the Mongolian cavalry was responsible for the largest contiguous empire ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subutai

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Ha, that's what my brother says about arabians.
    not the Nez Perce, but . . .

https://youtu.be/mRcFx2wYIog

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I’d definitely take the Mongols. A “scouting party” of 20,000 mongols basically defeated most of west Asian / far Eastern Europe. And the Mongolian cavalry was responsible for the largest contiguous empire ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subutai
    Combined drift: the author of this tome held that the Mongols were the original breeders of the Apaloosas' ancestors:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Appa.../dp/0967820200
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Nothingburger but it was seen around the world so punish they must.

German Coach Disqualified After Hitting Horse At Tokyo Olympics

The reason for switching horses is to prove their prowess as an equestrian. Poor animal was not happy for whatever reason. They should have ended it before they did because it was obvious early on he was not going to pull it together for a rider he didn't know that wasn't listening to him.
    Thanks KQ, I couldn't find it.

As someone who has grown up around horses (sister is a trainer and runs a farm outside of Lexington) that wasn't a "punch".. more of a "Hey, you're backing up too close and might kick me so get the fuck out of the way. "

Glad to see it for clarity and I feel bad for both the rider and the coach.

Not sure the nuances of horse switching and the random assignments in this event, but have read a bit about people suggesting she should have swapped when she realized it wasn't going to happen

Either way, if that's the foul it's FAR from abuse IMHO. Poor woman will have this hanging over her head the rest of her life.

WOW anybody watching boxing?? What a fight for middleweight gold!! #1 ranked Ukranian fighter, on a 61 win streak, was absolutely dominating the fight, winning both first rounds unanimously. *Still* pressing forward and throwing an impressive number of punches in the 3rd when BAM! Caught by a left hook and knocked down, ref stoppage, huge upset by the Brazilian fighter. Wow. Glad I didn't look at the results ahead of time...

At 1am tonight, Keyshawn Davis fights for the first US Gold medal at lightweight since Oscar De La Hoya won it in 1992 and an hour later, Richard Torrez Jr fights for the first US Super Heavyweight Gold since 1984 (!!!), against a fighter who knocked him out COLD (for almost a minute and a half!) at the AIBA World Championships in 2019. The last (and only) American to win Super Heavyweight Gold was Tyrell Biggs, the first year Super Heavy was a division. No American Super Heavy has even *reached* the Gold medal fight since Riddick Bowe, who lost to Lennox Lewis in 1988.

It has been a *long* time for US men's boxing (clearly). The last Gold medal for *any* US boxer was Andre Ward in 2004. It has been a long time since the US boxing team was this good and I'm excited to root them on, even thought both will be underdogs going into their fights. LETS GO!!!!

Like you said (sort of),it's cool to see great athletic performances
    That's my position. In general I'm happy to see U.S. athletes perform well, but I'm impressed with superb athletic performance, and The Olympics are the only time we get to see so many sports.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Thanks KQ, I couldn't find it.

As someone who has grown up around horses (sister is a trainer and runs a farm outside of Lexington) that wasn't a "punch".. more of a "Hey, you're backing up too close and might kick me so get the fuck out of the way. "

Glad to see it for clarity and I feel bad for both the rider and the coach.

Not sure the nuances of horse switching and the random assignments in this event, but have read a bit about people suggesting she should have swapped when she realized it wasn't going to happen

Either way, if that's the foul it's FAR from abuse IMHO. Poor woman will have this hanging over her head the rest of her life.
    Seriously. When I heard she hit the horse and been disqualified not having seen it I assumed she'd struck the horse in the face which would have been horrendous but that "punch" wasn't more than a tap .

Funny people saw that as abusive when the whole time the rider was whipping the frightened horse with a crop.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The Snoop Dogg commentary was hilarious.

”That horse be crip-walking !”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Holy shit that’s fucking insane.

"this could be quite the dive, oh no!!!!!"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2917341/%3Famp
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Holy shit that’s fucking insane.
    Wild horse races, big on the rez. The one in Wolf Point is complete insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Horrible
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Seriously. When I heard she hit the horse and been disqualified not having seen it I assumed she'd struck the horse in the face which would have been horrendous but that "punch" wasn't more than a tap .

Funny people saw that as abusive when the whole time the rider was whipping the frightened horse with a crop.
    Right?? I showed the video to my 11 yo daughter who takes lessons once a week and she was like yeah, when I ride xx horse we have to hit him harder than that just to get him to trot.

Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Poor babies. Now this is abuse, so different from a fist to the flank of a "trained" Olympic contender.

That should be an Olympic sport. It's way better than fucking Karate, which is half dancing and half fake fighting where actually hitting the other guy gets one disqualified.

The wild horse race thing is... Damn.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I think the outrage in that equestrian "hitting" the horse controversy is that it is the "help" hitting the horse.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Poor babies. Now this is abuse, so different from a fist to the flank of a "trained" Olympic contender.
    i went to the rodeo tonight for the first time since i was little. i never realized how fucked up the whole thing really is. the calf roping did it for me. fuck that. embarrassed to have given those people my $10.
    swing your fucking sword.

Nothingburger but it was seen around the world so punish they must.

German Coach Disqualified After Hitting Horse At Tokyo Olympics

The reason for switching horses is to prove their prowess as an equestrian. Poor animal was not happy for whatever reason. They should have ended it before they did because it was obvious early on he was not going to pull it together for a rider he didn't know that wasn't listening to him.
    No wonder the Germans switched to tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i went to the rodeo tonight for the first time since i was little. i never realized how fucked up the whole thing really is. the calf roping did it for me. fuck that. embarrassed to have given those people my $10.
    Yeah..rodeos can be tough beyond barrel racing and roughstock.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    It's way better than fucking Karate, which is half dancing and half fake fighting where actually hitting the other guy gets one disqualified.
    That was the first, and last, Olympic karate match I'll ever watch. Utterly ridiculous

Man I just cannot get over how fugly the US masks are
    Name:  Bane_TDKR3.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  49.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I think the outrage in that equestrian "hitting" the horse controversy is that it is the "help" hitting the horse.
    And that may well be the case. My trainer wasn't allowed to speak to me once I entered the ring under USEF regs.

Anybody hanging with me on the last night of the 20"20" Olympic Summer games??

I got two screens going, iPad with the women's volleyball gold medal game, and the big TV with the Olympic Gold medal boxing matches. HERE WE GO!!!! Keyshawn Davis is 0-3 vs his opponent and a big 'dog.. Nervously excited for this fight