Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    When we left the Wasatch, parking and traffic in the canyons was a top five reason to leave. doesn't sound like it has gotten any better.

Never does

Quote Originally Posted by jsnowut View Post
    My $02 FWIW - OP don't fool yourself on the move. There is close to 1MM people living within 10-30 miles of the LCC and BCC resorts and BC. It doesn't matter weekend or weekday, everyone follows the storm forecasting and everyone wakes up early to ski lifts or BC when it snows. Usually you are looking around asking yourself - "doesn't anyone work here?" and the answer is NO especially post pandemic.

If it hasn't snowed in a few days and it's pretty skied out and the BC is crusty or dangerous, weekdays will be more civilized.

Good luck with your decision. If you are milking a great situation that the internet hasn't pimped out yet - don't give that up lightly. That isn't here (anymore).
    Genuine thanks for the #realtalk.

My thought in all of this has been, unless the response is unanimously: “it’s all good, don’t worry about it!” I’m out. I was pretty sold on the suburban metropolis for a minute, as I had Ethiopian food delivered to my Airbnb last week ( I doubt our state has a single Ethiopian restaurant ). But, upon driving back home to my beautiful redneck valley, I was reminded why I live here.. The solitude is abounds. My mind is calmer. I had to go to school in LA and similar sized cities for many years, I think city life is over for me.

Good luck to all you Salt Lakers. I think you have an awesome valley, and awesome canyons to ski. But, I’ll keep away from the traffic and smog for now, except to visit.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    When we left the Wasatch, parking and traffic in the canyons was a top five reason to leave. doesn't sound like it has gotten any better.
    It's become top 1 reason

Paging Greg from AZ to the white courtesy phone.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This thread proved funny, plenty of laughs.

Carbon bedroom slippers 55% OFF!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Why hasn't anyone talked about keeping gaurdsmans pass open in the winter.

Start the interconnect with infrastructure that is already in place.
    Once you see the traffic dynamic change in BCC you can tackle LCC.

Seriously UDOT
    Pave it / plow it

#Keep it open

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by F#*k you cat; 02-13-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Not that I care either way if it’s plowed or not, but guardsman is paved all the way now

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Why hasn't anyone talked about keeping gaurdsmans pass open in the winter.

Start the interconnect with infrastructure that is already in place.
    Once you see the traffic dynamic change in BCC you can tackle LCC.

Seriously UDOT
    Pave it / plow it

#Keep it open

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Even plowed Guardsman would be treacherous as hell in winter. I can't imagine it's remotely feasible to open that.

Private ride share app. 3 bucks one way. 20 per season per person to maintain app.

You pick someone up. Qr code. Done.

Bonus points if you get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    Even plowed Guardsman would be treacherous as hell in winter. I can't imagine it's remotely feasible to open that.
    Yeah seriously. I drive the canyon a fair bit at odd times and it’s pretty impressive that people can drive their car into the creek when the road is clear and dry much less covered in ice and snow. They would have to put up guard rails both sides of pass for significant distance to prevent people from killing themselves. Very unlikely.

Another pickup truck in the creek above S curve last night at 8pm. That’s at least two in a week, maybe more. At least the road was a bit snowy last night. Last week, bozo had somehow run off a clear dry road in the daylight!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Another pickup truck in the creek above S curve last night at 8pm. That’s at least two in a week, maybe more. At least the road was a bit snowy last night. Last week, bozo had somehow run off a clear dry road in the daylight!!
    I think next season I will pass on getting my UDOT M&S tire sticker, seems to be pointless and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I'll never understand speeding and tailgating in the canyons-no matter how fast you go, you end up behind a slower vehicle anyway. Take a chill pill & enjoy the ride.

FYI >you are supposed to slow before the corners.... on snow and ice it's to late to slow down once you are in the corner

Then there's the drunk drivers-whole different ball game there
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I think next season I will pass on getting my UDOT M&S tire sticker, seems to be pointless and a waste of time.
    I have never seen anyone checking tires at all this season, although I try to avoid the cottonwoods on snowy weekends I'm in the canyons most days

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I have never seen anyone checking tires at all this season, although I try to avoid the cottonwoods on snowy weekends I'm in the canyons most days
    The sticker program is a joke. I know UDOT touts the benefits even if no one is checking. I am in the cottonwood canyons on all of the snowy weekends and have once driven by a cop who was allegedly checking. I don't think he even look up away from the laptop that day.

I remember 19/20 I was going to Alta most weekends and they were actually checking. Looks like that isn't happening anymore, guess no one wanted to work part-time at-will for $15/hr in the tire checking position so sad

it snowed in 2020