WTB: Front/Left Shimano 4-piston Brake Lever

A client on our last trip crashed and managed to snap off the left/front brake lever on a set of SLX 4-piston brakes, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Just need the lever, and I'm assuming any Shimano 4-piston lever should work.

Anyone have one laying around?

I think that ANY shimano lever will work (and some techtros) from what I have seen ALL shimano levers push the same amount of fluid. so any can work

I might have one, but odds are I have one, but shipping from banff is NOT fast/cheap

9100 lever wont work. (we are just talking about the "blade only" right?)
    But 9120, 8100, 7100, 6100 will all work.
    I was in the broken/warranty parts bin today looking a piece for a 7100 brake lever, with no luck.
    Sorry to thread jack, but I need 2 bar clamps from a 9100, 8100, 7100 or 6100 brake lever.
    Smmokan if you get a full replacement, or a parts donor lever, I'd buy the clamp (removable if you punch the pin out) from you.

I think it was bikeinn that had singles in stock. Not sure thatd take to get here though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Dee Hubs is correct, there are compatibility issues between XT and XTR and between the x100 and x120 blades (a 8100 blade won't go in a 8120 lever).
    If you can find the right blade it won't matter if it's left or right, the only difference is the little metal spring behind the blade.
    All blades are super hard to find right now, I snapped one and used my backup last month and am worried about another mechanical.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I need the full lever assembly; when the actual blade snapped off, it bent the metal clamp mechanism and it's not repairable unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I need the full lever assembly; when the actual blade snapped off, it bent the metal clamp mechanism and it's not repairable unfortunately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 15.11.07.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	380083

Yeah, the part you point at was bent/spread out from the impact, and all of the "internal" stuff in the lever was pulled out as well. All we had left was the lever blade and the part attached to the handlebar.

Ended up getting a left/front Saint lever assembly off eBay for $90, not too bad.

Ended up getting a left/front Saint lever assembly off eBay for $90, not too bad.
    Do you want to sell me that clamp on the broken SLX?

Threadjack, I have a brand new, in the box XTR 9100 left lever assembly for $99.00. Just paid $120, ordered the wrong one.
    Carry on.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Do you want to sell me that clamp on the broken SLX?
    Let me see what the new Saint comes with... just want to make sure I’ve got what I need before committing. All these damn clamp systems are a PITA.

I have one from XT 8120 that leaks out of the end and not repairable but otherwise in perfect condition. Theoretically all of the parts would be useable.

Bumping this thread as I still need 2 clamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I have one from XT 8120 that leaks out of the end and not repairable but otherwise in perfect condition. Theoretically all of the parts would be useable.
    I'll PM ridingshockgun for the XT8120.
    Let me see what the new Saint comes with... just want to make sure I’ve got what I need before committing. All these damn clamp systems are a PITA.
    Smmokan let me know if you get what you need from your new Saint, and willing to send me that broken SLX body.

Smmokan let me know if you get what you need from your new Saint, and willing to send me that broken SLX body.
    Just had the new Saint lever delivered this week, but I haven't had a chance to see what I need yet... will let you know at some point soon, I'm slammed with trips for a little bit longer still.

DH - Tried to PM you back but looks like your box is full. Let me know if you still want the lever.

WTB: Front/Left Shimano 4-piston Brake Lever

Yes, I still would like this brake from you.
    And the clamp from smokam
    I just cleaned out my inbox.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 08-06-2021 at 07:34 PM.