Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Amazon sucks

given the AU

just slightly going into 0 gravity is whatev.

but still a leap forward.

I have one employee that regularly destroys the office bathroom. Not sure what he eats, but it ain’t right.

God invented coffee as a laxative. Coffee. Shit. Shower. Shave. Then go to work with a clean bunghole.
    . . .

Fuck that, getting paid to take a shit is one of few truly great benefits of being an hourly wage slave. they can take the time to really enjoy a good dump.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Fuck that, getting paid to take a shit is one of few truly great benefits of being an hourly wage slave. they can take the time to really enjoy a good dump.
    One of my tenants had an employee that had an app to track how much money he made per year shitting on company time. I “shit” you not.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I tried to buy a watchband from stores near home. That was a waste of a few hours. I had one for $10 the next day from Amazon. I got some new brake rotors the next day for $72 each, the best locally was $139 with a 5 day wait or could be shipped to home for $20 each. I don't particularly care for a lot of things they do but why put myself through the hassle of searching for hours or pay double to support a smaller corporate store?
    You wasted $10 on a watchband when you have a phone that tells you the time and more? You're his perfect customer

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Decent working conditions for all employees so they don’t have to wear diapers or shit in a bag. Healthcare, vacations, retirement accounts, educational opportunities, realistic production targets, and so on.

And pay some fucking taxes, corporate and personal. Yeah I know he’s just exploiting loopholes available to the rich but he could maybe skip a couple of them if he wants to not be an asshole.
    This. Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I couldn't turn 300k into what he has.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Well, you could’ve invested in plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You wasted $10 on a watchband when you have a phone that tells you the time and more? You're his perfect customer
    So then I still need a heart rate monitor. Will it integrate with my phone for calls, texts and messages? Why would I want to wear a chest strap when I could just have a variety of tools on my wrist, easily accessible and legible? For now I need the watch.

I gave into amazon last year
    they know how to do it right and make my life easy
    a colorado based hardware store's web site said they had the part I needed in stock went to the store asked someone where it was and he had no clue and said they don't have any
    get on amazon and I have the part minus the wasted trip in three days

they make it too easy

prime up here is usually 3-4 days the 2 days is bullshit

I spend at least 25k a year at another online retailer build.com buying pallets of toilets bathtubs and plumbing fixtures
    went to the local plumbing supply place yesterday, colorado based with a few stores, asked for a certain special toilet 10 inch center round bowl comfort height and he told me they don't have any
    get online and in 15 mins I have four toilets on the way plus my special one

small businesses most of the time cause their own demise

amazon sucks balls if you look at the big picture but hell they are great
    sometimes I will look for a product there and buy it on that retailers website as others have said

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Look at these 2 examples from amazon and target for the same product. Target doesn't even provide the relevant details on what they are selling which to me feels like "go fuck yourself, you need to figure out what we are selling you." Same kind of shit on the wally world site.
    https://www.amazon.com/WTB-Judge-TCS-Tire/dp/B07MXXWG6F
    https://www.target.com/p/wtb-judge-t...s/-/A-76831777
    amusingly commingled inventory means Amazon might ship you a fake, but target won’t.

and none of the big consumer etailers are where to shop if you want dependable dimensions delivered.

Amazon sucks but doesn't swallow. Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I gave into amazon last year
    they know how to do it right and make my life easy
    a colorado based hardware store's web site said they had the part I needed in stock went to the store asked someone where it was and he had no clue and said they don't have any
    get on amazon and I have the part minus the wasted trip in three days

they make it too easy

prime up here is usually 3-4 days the 2 days is bullshit

I spend at least 25k a year at another online retailer build.com buying pallets of toilets bathtubs and plumbing fixtures
    went to the local plumbing supply place yesterday, colorado based with a few stores, asked for a certain special toilet 10 inch center round bowl comfort height and he told me they don't have any
    get online and in 15 mins I have four toilets on the way plus my special one

small businesses most of the time cause their own demise

amazon sucks balls if you look at the big picture but hell they are great
    sometimes I will look for a product there and buy it on that retailers website as others have said
    Yup.

Locals calculate turns and earns in order to stay solvent. Amazon uses others inventories to sell to the world. Simple math really. Granted now they actually stock a bunch of shit themselves because they grew and made so much money using other people's inventory and money. Fucking brilliant no doubt. They're an exceptional logistics company. Still fuck them. They should be treating employees better. Not one Amazon employee should need any federal assistance whatsoever, but they do.

Another reason they suck is how they don't even actually employ drivers from what I've seen. When AMZ was ramping up big time last year at the beginning of the pandemic, everyone was talking about how they need drivers in a bad way, so I checked into it. 100% of the jobs were working for contractors (ie "Amazon Delivery Service Partners"). Even if they have the Amazon van and the blue uniform, they're actually contractors. I believe a HUDGE reason for this is so they can distance themselves from any legal or PR liability if a driver mows over a pedestrian as they go hauling ass through your residential streets as they struggle to meet their delivery requirements. It's messed up. Those guys go FLYING down my street and I see them leap out of the vehicle, SPRINT to a front door, sprint back to the van, and go peeling off to the next stop. The expectations put on those guys is just absurd and then Bezos doesn't even have the balls to claim them as AMZ's own.

Bezos be like: "Oh, a delivery driver ran over and killed a small child and their puppy? Not our problem! Get lost, loser!"

Are ANY of the drivers actual Amazon employees? Perhaps there are some, but not from what I've seen.

I like Amazon.

Amazon sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Another reason they suck is how they don't even actually employ drivers from what I've seen. When AMZ was ramping up big time last year at the beginning of the pandemic, everyone was talking about how they need drivers in a bad way, so I checked into it. 100% of the jobs were working for contractors (ie "Amazon Delivery Service Partners"). Even if they have the Amazon van and the blue uniform, they're actually contractors. I believe a HUDGE reason for this is so they can distance themselves from any legal or PR liability if a driver mows over a pedestrian as they go hauling ass through your residential streets as they struggle to meet their delivery requirements. It's messed up. Those guys go FLYING down my street and I see them leap out of the vehicle, SPRINT to a front door, sprint back to the van, and go peeling off to the next stop. The expectations put on those guys is just absurd and then Bezos doesn't even have the balls to claim them as AMZ's own.

Bezos be like: "Oh, a delivery driver ran over and killed a small child and their puppy? Not our problem! Get lost, loser!"

Are ANY of the drivers actual Amazon employees? Perhaps there are some, but not from what I've seen.
    It’s like the world went and got itself in a big dam hurry.

Name:  Image1626977764.037530.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  28.8 KB

Hmm. Sounds like the poster child for why corporations and capitalism should be highly regulated. And why we should have strong unions with strong anti-anti-union laws. You gonna go for a twofer today?

Last week, two well-established Amazon delivery companies in Portland, Oregon offered Amazon an ultimatum: agree to a set of conditions that it said would improve revenue and driver safety—or we'll stop delivering Amazon packages.

Amazon refused, and the two companies in the Portland area terminated their contract with Amazon, their only client, effectively shutting down.

"Amazon’s conduct over the past two years has become intolerable, unconscionable, unsafe, and most importantly, unlawful," a letter sent to Amazon by the attorney of the two delivery companies, Triton and Last Mile and obtained by Motherboard, reads.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7ez...azon-shut-down

You know... there are solutions for problems like this. But a *certain* political party will have NOTHING to do with these types of solutions.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out which one it is.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like the poster child for why corporations and capitalism should be highly regulated. And why we should have strong unions with strong anti-anti-union laws.
    Yup...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So Fuck Uber and Lyft as well then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yup. And the big airlines that use regionals. With the big airline's logo. If it's got somebody else's logo you should be working for that other company.

Fuck everyone Brit.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I mean yeah, Uber and Lyft just make money (or maybe they don't actually make money, not sure) because their drivers don't properly value their inputs - auto depreciation, maintenance, gas, etc. If they did the math, historically it's a mug's game. Now that driver numbers appear to be way down, that may have changed.

Most of the cab companies in Portland do suck rocks, making taking advantage of some hapless gig drivers' financial illiteracy more appealing, but Radio Cab, which is driver-owned, has always been good for me, so that's what I use for any scheduled trips.

An Amazon purchase fulfilled by backcountry.com just arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yup. And the big airlines that use regionals. With the big airline's logo. If it's got somebody else's logo you should be working for that other company.
    How about the general contractor that hires an electrician or plumber?