Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Amazon sucks

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I saw a post on Reddit and it suggested seeing who the seller is on Amazon, Google for a coupon and order directly from the sellers website so Amazon doesn't get their 25% cut.
    I think I will try that going forward.
    15% cut fwiw.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I saw a post on Reddit and it suggested seeing who the seller is on Amazon, Google for a coupon and order directly from the sellers website so Amazon doesn't get their 25% cut.
    Sign up for newsletters, create an account, and/or put shit in your cart and let it sit or watchlist it. The seller's website will almost always send an offer or there will be an instant discount available. Also, switching email addresses in checkout will reset the original "one-time use" coupon if you need to go back for more.

Oh yeah, hit the minimums for free shipping and don't forget to shop at Dollar General on Saturdays for $5 off $25 spent.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    $200 googles? Who the fuck does that?

U high bro?
    https://www.smithoptics.com/en_US/go...ES_color=black

Best selling goggle is $250. Are you really that surprised?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Sincere question: what would a guy like Bezzos do that would make you think he's not a greedy asshole? Is it give money away? How much? Quit before he reached the status of absurdly wealthy?

Not being a dick, genuinely asking because I'm curious.
    Decent working conditions for all employees so they don’t have to wear diapers or shit in a bag. Healthcare, vacations, retirement accounts, educational opportunities, realistic production targets, and so on.

And pay some fucking taxes, corporate and personal. Yeah I know he’s just exploiting loopholes available to the rich but he could maybe skip a couple of them if he wants to not be an asshole.

re: $200 goggles: I thought he was being sarcastic but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Only in places like Portland, who still has a slightly beating soul, do you even have a choice. Most places in America have no choice. Mom and pop died years ago.

Their all fucking evil. Walmart, Target, Costco, REI. All just wanna be Amazons. And I shop at them all. I do like the brick and mortar/online combo because it makes returns/exchanges easy.
    amazon has killed more small businesses than all the costco, home depot, lowes...combined
    amazon is evil on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    amazon has killed more small businesses than all the costco, home depot, lowes...combined
    Maybe, but...

There are over 1.9M businesses selling on Amazon, many smaller in size.

How many small businesses do the others market, combined?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    those 3 are in the top 10 e-commerce sites and with Walmart exceed Amazon in total retail sales.

^^^^^^^this

If the Amazon seller has a biz name that googles, buy direct.
    Even with no coupon it will be better for them, and doesn’t feed the Bezos
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    ^^^^^^^this

If the Amazon seller has a biz name that googles, buy direct.
    Even with no coupon it will be better for them, and doesn’t feed the Bezos
    If Honeywell Home is gonna sell a thermostat for $69 on their direct site, but $32 on Amazon with free shipping...guess what. Not gonna happen. But you are welcome to!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    jackstraw is fine supporting a giant greedy asshole named Elon musk So the answer is, make upper middle class yuppies feel green about their hyper consumption.

and what’s impressive about that video isn’t the idea, it’s the depth of thought he put into everything behind it.
    Wtf r u talking about? I own zero of musk anything. Well I read a book that clarified how much of an asshole he is. Like Bezos I will give him credit where deserved. He pushed the electric car thing forward and I hope that improves things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yup.
    But I've never spent over $100 on goggles, although I'm sure the $$$ are nice. I buy leftovers in spring summer

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    If Honeywell Home is gonna sell a thermostat for $69 on their direct site, but $32 on Amazon with free shipping...guess what. Not gonna happen. But you are welcome to!
    Honeywell protects their distributors because they know better. 99% of homeowners can't wire a thermostat properly. That therm is coming from a distributor selling thru Bezos who's taking a cut. That mostly what they do. I've sat thru their dog and pony show.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I wonder what percent of shit sold on there is counterfeit. No idea but you do hear about it fairly frequently.

I wonder what percent of shit sold on there is counterfeit. No idea but you do hear about it fairly frequently.
    Why does it matter? It’s cheap and you can get it in two days!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

With the obligatory post purchase bitching about quality because unknown to them it’s a fake product.

favorite fake from Amazon story was one of the take-apart sites that acquired fake Beats headphones from them. I’ve gotten at least one fake from Amazon- Grace screwdrivers.

I figured the guy who worked at Smith knew what he was talking about there.

Recently I've heard a little about Target.com as a robust alternative. I've never used it but I was fucking around on it searching for various shit earlier tonight and I didn't stump it. No doubt prices are somewhat higher but at least Target has a reputation for treating employees well.

Walmart is the only place I can get my dog's favorite squeaky toy--the only toy she plays with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Sincere question: what would a guy like Bezzos do that would make you think he's not a greedy asshole? Is it give money away? How much? Quit before he reached the status of absurdly wealthy?

Not being a dick, genuinely asking because I'm curious.
    People like Bezos, Musk, Zuckerburg Buffet, the Waltons, Sackler family, etc (plenty of others can go on this list) have more money than they can ever possibly spend and yet, treat human beings as parts of a machine or actively exploit them in ways that are detrimental to overall society.

I mean kudos to Bezos, he had a great idea and ruthlessly executed it, but I don’t know how else to describe a guy whose business model results in people shitting in boxes while the CEO flies to space.

Recently I've heard a little about Target.com as a robust alternative. I've never used it but I was fucking around on it searching for various shit earlier tonight and I didn't stump it. No doubt prices are somewhat higher but at least Target has a reputation for treating employees well.
    Look at these 2 examples from amazon and target for the same product. Target doesn't even provide the relevant details on what they are selling which to me feels like "go fuck yourself, you need to figure out what we are selling you." Same kind of shit on the wally world site.
    https://www.amazon.com/WTB-Judge-TCS-Tire/dp/B07MXXWG6F
    https://www.target.com/p/wtb-judge-t...s/-/A-76831777

nevermind, it's just janky on target. The info is under a "show more" button.

People love to complain, I pee in a bottle on a frequent basis if I’m on a 6 hour gig, Bfd. I don’t have to shit in a bag because I shit before I leave my house like a normal person.
    That said, my house sits way off the street, so I leave a dollar or two clipped to my front door if expecting a delivery. Way more likely to get to the people in question versus boycotting the company.

I tried to buy a watchband from stores near home. That was a waste of a few hours. I had one for $10 the next day from Amazon. I got some new brake rotors the next day for $72 each, the best locally was $139 with a 5 day wait or could be shipped to home for $20 each. I don't particularly care for a lot of things they do but why put myself through the hassle of searching for hours or pay double to support a smaller corporate store?

watching the world burn alive is fun.