Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 152
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,262
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Because...o right, they just find somewhere else to get the money from you.
    And it means they probably aren't a) funding services at proper levels and b) the burden is shifted to those less able to afford it. Income tax is better because it can be tailored to reflect ability to pay.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,269
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And it means they probably aren't a) funding services at proper levels and b) the burden is shifted to those less able to afford it. Income tax is better because it can be tailored to reflect ability to pay.
    Having lived under both scenarios, I actually agree with you. At least in MT, when I'd go a spell without work and was broke, the state didn't bend me over during those times. When I'd be doing well, I'd pay my fair share. In TX, I'm boned no matter what my personal situation is. Property taxes are silly high. I now have come to prefer a reasonable state income tax + lower prop tax burden.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,262
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Having lived under both scenarios, I actually agree with you. At least in MT, when I'd go a spell without work and was broke, the state didn't bend me over during those times. When I'd be doing well, I'd pay my fair share. In TX, I'm boned no matter what my personal situation is. Property taxes are silly high. I now have come to prefer a reasonable state income tax + lower prop tax burden.
    Refreshing conversation. And that is of course where the hard work comes in, figuring out what's reasonable and fair. Not everyone is going to agree and we end up with weird uneven results.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Maybe 15 years ago...
    Salida is fucking ridiculous right now. And you should seriously mark Pueblo off your list. That place is a fucking shithole.

    Canon City is about 45 minutes west of Pueblo, and is relatively reasonable still. It's about an hour and a half from Monarch to ski and right on the Arkansas if you fish. About 40 minutes to Colo Springs to shop for anything not found local and you dont have to dodge nearly as many tweakers as Pueblo. It is hot there, but if you are considering Pueblo, Canon City heat shouldn't phase you.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ootarded
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I hate the fucking Eagles.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I, too, hate the fucking Eagles.
    Fuck you, if you don't like my music get your own fuckin' cab.


  6. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tech Bro Central
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Fuck you, if you don't like my music get your own fuckin' cab.

    If you don't got Mojo Nixon then ...

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    If you don't got Mojo Nixon then ...
    ... your store could use some fixin!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,527
    Saguache, CO. Close enough to Salida for shopping, great mtb, hot springs, ufo’s, Great Sand Dunes, Sangre De Cristo’s and Penitente Canyon are right there.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Saguache, CO. Close enough to Salida for shopping, great mtb, hot springs, ufo’s, Great Sand Dunes, Sangre De Cristo’s and Penitente Canyon are right there.
    Damn... wasn't expecting someone to recommend THAT town.


  10. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,860
    I've lived in ski towns for 30 years and it's no longer mission critical to live at base of a resort or even within a short drive. My sick snowblower's charm has also worn off.
    GF said fuck Pueblo.
    I used to hate the Eagles. But saw their doc and now at least I respect them for their passion for shitty music.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,262
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Damn... wasn't expecting someone to recommend THAT town.

    And you just try and pronounce it.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And you just try and pronounce it.
    Oh, *I* know how to pronounce it...

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,557
    Quinoa?
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    GF said fuck Pueblo.
    Sounds like she's a keeper. Pueblo is the fucking armpit of Colorado, but the area west and south of it might have something you are looking for. Im not posting town names, but you can still get 30 - 40 acres and a pretty nice house for around 500k 30 minutes from Pueblo.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Sounds like she's a keeper. Pueblo is the fucking armpit of Colorado, but the area west and south of it might have something you are looking for. Im not posting town names, but you can still get 30 - 40 acres and a pretty nice house for around 500k 30 minutes from Pueblo.
    Limon is the hot spot.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Limon is the hot spot.
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  24.5 KB

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Limon is the hot spot.
    Don't tell anyone.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I've lived in ski towns for 30 years and it's no longer mission critical to live at base of a resort or even within a short drive. My sick snowblower's charm has also worn off.
    GF said fuck Pueblo.
    I used to hate the Eagles. But saw their doc and now at least I respect them for their passion for shitty music.
    Perdido Key then, close to an airport and your gf can donate to the Wall of Bras at the Flora-Bama.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,360
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Saguache, CO. Close enough to Salida for shopping, great mtb, hot springs, ufo’s, Great Sand Dunes, Sangre De Cristo’s and Penitente Canyon are right there.
    Del Norte > Saguache
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    3,775
    Add Crestone to the SLV list, so you can end up on the pyre!

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    righthere/rightnow
    Posts
    2,527
    Crestone is basically a ski town without the hill.
    Saguache is a hill without a town.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,557
    Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Don't tell anyone.
    I just googled Limon and I’ve driven by that place 100 times.

    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I just googled Limon and I’ve driven by that place 100 times.


  24. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I just googled Limon and I’ve driven by that place 100 times.

    This might be a reason to stop...

    https://www.coloradodiscountskis.com/store/Contact.html

    I used to enjoy perusing that web site. Dropped in there once about 10 or so years ago when I was driving cross country. Guy had a storefront then, maybe still does.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Saguache is a hill without a town.
    Not much of a hill but it has a great turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •